Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are there Japanese style buildings in some of those pics? Hawaii isn't a Japanese territory. Did anyone from GameFreak actually visit or research this place? If it's supposed to be based off of Hawaii, it should have Hawaiian style buildings, plants, etc.

You mean like the Byodo-In Temple?

I agree with everything you said, especially the last part. There is much savyness in the last line, there is. :p

There is already fanart:

3e6.jpg

http://touch.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=57192633

eb4.png

http://melonenbrot.tumblr.com/post/145309104890/there-she-is

b9d.jpg

http://jhonvasquez.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-sum-and-moom-Rotom-Dex-612779177

The internet scares me at times.

Why are there Japanese style buildings in some of those pics? Hawaii isn't a Japanese territory. Did anyone from GameFreak actually visit or research this place? If it's supposed to be based off of Hawaii, it should have Hawaiian style buildings, plants, etc. Those islands don't look like Hawaii either, though that isn't that big a deal since many of the actual Hawaiian islands are really small and probably wouldn't suit a Pokemon region

Aren't there a lot of East Asians, Japanese included, living in Hawaii? I'm sure there are several Japanese-styled buildings there, although I know next to nothing about the place. Besides, just because it's based on Hawaii doesn't mean it has to be a faithful portrayal of it; isn't that what artistic freedom is all about?

Besides, when I was in Fukuoka, they marketed three tourist destinations and three tourist destinations only: Okinawa, Busan and Hawaii - I'm willing to bet a lot of Japanese people have been there.

Japanese buildings in Hawaii is significantly more realistic than a desert and ancient ruin just north of Manhattan.

Pokémon is weird like that.

Also I'm really hoping Lillie winds up being a villain, possibly as a spy on Kukui. Probably getting my hopes too high, but eh.

Japanese buildings in Hawaii is significantly more realistic than a desert and ancient ruin just north of Manhattan.

Pokémon is weird like that.

Also I'm really hoping Lillie winds up being a villain, possibly as a spy on Kukui. Probably getting my hopes too high, but eh.

THIS WOULD BE LIT.

Let me not going crazy with theorizing though, that didn't end well for Kalos.

Edited by Vashiane

After seeing the trailer and checking info, here are my thoughts on it.

- Solgaleo: psychic/steel is quite a rare typing, did not expect it. I though it would be fire but Steel and Psychic make sense. I already see Solgaleo beeing OP, I mean, its ability is like a Metagross's Clear Body and he one shotted Salamence, although Mence has meh defenses. Has anyone bothered to speculate about its base stats or the power of its move enough to one shot mence? I think its move is physical and will have 110 or 120 base power, and probably Steel.

Weak to Fire, Ground, Dark and Ghost.

Effective against Fighting, Poison, Rock, Ice, Fairy.

The earthquakes and shadow balls will roll around with him. However, I see him as a tank pokemon, I hope he gets Cosmic Power and disregard stat reductions. Although not Clefable level of tankiness.

- Lunala: psychic/ghost. Expected/10 tbh. We didn't see any stats of it but I think it's obvious it is oriented towards the special moves. The moongeist beam looks beutiful and it makes Lunala resemble the full moon which is tons amazeballz. Surely it's Ghost type as Kon said.

It's really underwhelming the meta it will most likely face. Things like Aegislash, Yveltal, Absol, Mawile will crush it with Shadow Sneak and Sucker Punch. However, it'll beat Solgaleo with its powerful beam!! My bet is it'll be a sweeper with underwhelming movepool, limited to Psychic, Moongeist Beam, Cosmic Power/Calm Mind, Recover or something. It needs recovery moves to take advantage of its ability. We'll have to see how much it reduces damage at full HP, but Poison/Burn, Hail/Sandstorm, Stealth Rock or any other move will waste its ability and make it fail terribly to a Shadow Sneak. Gg. Still, my chosen legendary. Fear the light of the moon!

- Lillie looks to me as a rival. She helps the Professor with research so hopefully she'll test your progress upon the game.

- the Alola region looks beautiful and interesting. It's vivid colors have always appealed to me. The clouds in the south part may be revealed as a new island. Probably where the legendary resides.

Pokemon Moon is still mine!

Man, how do people make these fanarts so fast? I'd still be in the sketch phase if I was drawing something that was just revealed earlier today. o_O

Where was my trigger warning for the Azura clone?

Also, psychic steel? I get the psychic and ghost typing, but psychic and steel for a burning lion representing the sun? I feel like psychic types are everywhere.

There's no blue hair or weird clothes, that's why.

Yeah, that's why I was pondering about how they looked like Litten and Popplio. I mean, make the kitty shinnier and make it into a Lion, give Popplio a circle that connect his tail, head and... arms (?), give them SSJ4, and here you have the legendaries.

Kind of like this theory of the three Legendary Dogs being eeveelutions, but with a type change on top of it.

I only have one thing to say to this: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

THIS WOULD BE LIT.

Let me not going crazy with theorizing though, that didn't end well for Kalos.

Hopes and Dreams Will Save The World.

Only in Undertale though. :p

Seriously though, the dream !

Edited by B.Leu

Found out this with supposed evolutions of the starters: http://heavy.com/games/2016/06/pokemon-sun-moon-corcoro-leaks-starter-pokemon-evolutions-real-fake-fakemon-rowlet-litten-popplio-evolutions-new-megas-pictures-photos/

What do you guys think? A user says it's fake because they don't have the typing in Japanesse.

Everything about this reveal is exactly what I wanted. I love the Legendaries and their types so much. I was expecting a boring Fire type and a boring Dark type, so this was a great choice on types. I used to hate Solgaleo, but the typing really saved it for me.

Lillie and Hau look and act excellently. I hope both of them become best friends with you during your journey. Rotom will hopefully be a really cool character. The region looks absolutely fabulous. It has so much diversity that it puts most of the other regions to shame. Admittedly, there are probably some people who will whine and complain about the amount of water, but it probably doesn't even matter.

Would I have liked to see the Robin and the Shiba Inu? Sure. But I'm glad this info was focused more on stuff that wasn't the Pokemon itself, because the game is more than just the Pokemon themselves.

Solgaleo being Psychic/Steel surprised me, since it looked more a Fire-Type than a Steel-Type to me. Oh well, I'm not arguring, The only other Psychic/Steel we have is the Beldum line.

Where was my trigger warning for the Azura clone?

Also, psychic steel? I get the psychic and ghost typing, but psychic and steel for a burning lion representing the sun? I feel like psychic types are everywhere.

Stars have quite a bit of metal in their composition, and a steel lion isn't another fire lion; though I'll admit, the choice of psychic is really odd.

There is already fanart:

*snip*

Scary? Maybe.

Predictable? Definitely.

Comparing to the other previous legendaries in Pokemon, here's how Solgaleo and Lunala measure up:

Solgaleo is beaten by Ho-oh, Groudon, and Reshiram, beats Xerneas, and is neutral to Dialga and Black Kyurem

Lunala is beaten by Yveltal, beats Lugia, and is neutral to Kyogre, Palkia, Zekrom, and White Kyurem

I'm only including paired games, but for the "superior versions", Both are neutral to Suicune and Raquaza, but are both beaten by Giratina, Lunala being 4 times vulnerable, but also being able to do super effective damage to it.

Solgaleo being Psychic/Steel surprised me, since it looked more a Fire-Type than a Steel-Type to me. Oh well, I'm not arguring, The only other Psychic/Steel we have is the Beldum line.

The Bronz- line? I don't blame you, not many people use them either.

Solgaleo's typing is odd but I like psychic/steel, and on a much more petty note, after dealing with mega-mence seeing Salamence getting destroyed in any capacity is just kind of nice. Lunala is lol, shadow sneak/sucker punch/pursuit.

I'm still liking everything we're seeing about these games, though I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to expect from Rotodex, just little bits of dialogue when using the dex?

Found out this with supposed evolutions of the starters: http://heavy.com/games/2016/06/pokemon-sun-moon-corcoro-leaks-starter-pokemon-evolutions-real-fake-fakemon-rowlet-litten-popplio-evolutions-new-megas-pictures-photos/

What do you guys think? A user says it's fake because they don't have the typing in Japanesse.

I think it's fake as well - not just for the typings being in English but also

1) Poppolio's evolution looks very much like Oshawott and they wouldn't do that

2) Litten's pose looks identical to Espeon's.

Also the Bronzor line and fellow legendary Jirachi

I have to say though, the typing for the legendaries is very odd. I don't think there's been a time where both cover legendaries share typing with another legendary (Being Jirachi and Hoopa in this case)

I think it's fake as well - not just for the typings being in English but also

1) Poppolio's evolution looks very much like Oshawott and they wouldn't do that

2) Litten's pose looks identical to Espeon's.

Makes sense, specially your point on Litten looking like Espeon 2.0. However, I'm really hyped on seeing new mons and their evos.

Edit: we'll probably get to see them at E3 Treehouse. Maybe they will rush to see their middle stages as well as early game pokemon. HYYYPE

Edited by Quintessence

Also the Bronzor line and fellow legendary Jirachi

I have to say though, the typing for the legendaries is very odd. I don't think there's been a time where both cover legendaries share typing with another legendary (Being Jirachi and Hoopa in this case)

Oh, you mean the exact same type

Well, Pure Psychic doesn't really counts I guess (Deoxys/Mewtwo/Mew). And Pure Normal counts even less (since it's Meloetta (2nd form have different type), Regigigas and Arceus (no need to develop.))

Thundurus share his types with Zapdos. (But they were minor legendaries...)

hat's the only examples we had so far.

Actually, now that I think of it, Lugia was a precedent to Solgaleo (Psychic instead of Water), so this isn't so surprising.

Edited by Tamanoir

You know, due to her appearance, is it possible Lily is from Kalos? She's supposed to be important to the story, after all; helps that she reads a lot.

Edited by The DanMan

No Mauna Loa? I thought that was the most notable and active volcano in Hawaii. Not to mention that counting its underwater mass, it's actually taller than any other mountain on the planet. Yes, including Everest. I'd be really interested in exploring deep in the inside of a big volcano like that in the games!

Edited by Anacybele