Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

You are aware that the reason why Arceus and other legendaries ranked so high is because people know that the winner will be distributred?

Anyways here are the top 100:

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/132/248/77b.jpg_large

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/132/249/91c.jpg_large

There are some suprises in that list,

and for those who are curious, the pokemon that ended up in last place and was considered Japan's least popular Pokemon was Simsear.

I disapprove of this list. Feraligatr, Psyduck, and Arcanine are nowhere to be seen! And Blastoise, Snorlax, and Dragonite are way too low. This list does not have the approval of Fire Emblem Fan...and that's the only approval that matters. Because my opinions are always right, ya goofs. Agree with me on everything!

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa pretty much all the cast of Pokken are among the top 100 there. Nice results though. Japanesse love their legendaries!

Well, the winning 'mon will get a distribution, so that almost certainly skewed things.

So Greninja is getting distributed now?

Yup, Greninja will be distributed at the new movie's lauch day and it will be holding a Master Ball.

I believe it's Japan only, however.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Edited by Water Mage

Makes me wonder what the result would be if there wasn't a distribuition.

Greninja is also getting a Special Edition New 3DS.

Yeah, I personally I think a better reward for the top 'Mon would be just the N3DS, maybe a special life-sized plushie. Something less likely to induce bias, though tmk there's already the voluntary response bias present in the poll.

On a more random note, Japan voted for their favorite pokemon (and it's not Pikachu):

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/06/japan_has_voted_for_its_favourite_pokemon_and_its_not_pikachu

My thoughts before reading it: "X confirmed for next Smash release".

It got 6.5% of the vote, and will apparently get a special Nu3DS model themed after it.

Praise our Greninja overlords.

Apparently I'm the only one disgusted by Greninja.

I'm not a particularly big fan of Greninja either, Roxas.

Also, apparently the distribution features the whole top five? https://twitter.com/Event_Fan/status/740112614118809600

So that's Greninja, Arceus, Mew, Pikachu, and Sylveon.

I dunno how accurate the tweet is though.

Edit: Also, anyone have a list of the full 720? Like, a Ctrl+F for your favorites thing. I know where my top placed, but I'm still curious.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Yup, Greninja will be distributed at the new movie's lauch day and it will be holding a Master Ball.

I believe it's Japan only, however.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

You mean Greninja'd, right?

The only Pokemon I really hate on Gen V are the Timburr line, especially Gurdurr (the hell is that name btw?), who must be the ugliest Pokemon ever made.

But Gen V have Sawsbuck who I absolutely adore. It's the reason i didn't chose Snivy my first time.

Does someone knows what is Kingdra's place? Because it would have been my first choice. (I want to have a Kingdra on my team sicne forever, but it always was so hard to obtain.) Its a Dragon Seahorse. What is cooler? (except Close Combat on Arcanine, I mean.)

Edited by Tamanoir

You are aware that the reason why Arceus and other legendaries ranked so high is because people know that the winner will be distributred?

Anyways here are the top 100:

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/132/248/77b.jpg_large

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/132/249/91c.jpg_large

There are some suprises in that list,

and for those who are curious, the pokemon that ended up in last place and was considered Japan's least popular Pokemon was Simsear.

I'm sad that Infernape is not more popular than Blaziken (stupid ugly chicken, imo).

But Keldeo cracked the top TWENTY. That's amazing. Way to go, favorite pony. <3

Sylveon is also one of my favorite Pokemon (though it's just barely beaten by Flareon as my favorite Eeveelution), so it's nice to see it in the top five! Flareon itself at number 95 and Luxray at no. 86 isn't too shabby either. They're all favs of mine!

Edited by Anacybele

Greninja is an ugly piece of trash just like Blaziken, imo. But Trubbish is cute (however, Garboder is one of the worst designs ever).

Edited by Anacybele

Garbodor is what's commonly referred to as ugly cute. I mean, you may not get the appeal, but it's design still works perfectly.

For the same reasons, Stunfisk is also great.

if you think it's bad for being a garbage bag then lol. You can have a good design and be an object. Just ask Vanillite, Honedge, and Klefki.

Klefki is not terrible. It's design has an obvious basis. There are myths of fairies stealing tiny objects. How is this stylized? As a key ring.

It's a great design because it's a stylized personification of myths.

Klefki is not terrible. It's design has an obvious basis. There are myths of fairies stealing tiny objects. How is this stylized? As a key ring.

It's a great design because it's a stylized personification of myths.

Have fun with that opinion. I'll just go on with my opinion that it's terrible. :smug:

Have fun with that opinion. I'll just go on with my opinion that it's terrible. :smug:

First, emotes aren't funny, and second, you haven't buttressed how you feel at all.

I know opinion blah blah blah, but Klefki's design is inherently clever and deserves props just for the amount of thought that went into it. Way more thought than Honedge by far. Klefki exists to represent a myth. That's like saying that Sneasel and Froslass are bad designs because they're based on Yokai but you don't understand their designs. Designs must be looked at objectively yet people never tend to do that.

So something like Growlithe is uninspired while something like Sableye which has an interesting basis is typically better. Even if they aren't aesthetically appealing.

First, emotes aren't funny, and second, you haven't buttressed how you feel at all.

I know opinion blah blah blah, but Klefki's design is inherently clever and deserves props just for the amount of thought that went into it. Way more thought than Honedge by far. Klefki exists to represent a myth. That's like saying that Sneasel and Froslass are bad designs because they're based on Yokai but you don't understand their designs. Designs must be looked at objectively yet people never tend to do that.

So something like Growlithe is uninspired while something like Sableye which has an interesting basis is typically better. Even if they aren't aesthetically appealing.

You're so adorably angry at anyone who disagrees with you. It's so cute and funny, I'm honestly amazed you don't like emotes. C'mon, give 'em another try, have some more: :smug::Kappa::awesome::kefka::Santhos::KnollRoll::spengbab::cthulhu:

See? Aren't those all just awesome? I especially like the ones that move. Aren't they captivating?

Yeah, Pokemon can be designed around actual myths, and could (keyword here: COULD) be considered clever by some (another keyword: SOME), but not everyone has to give it props or like it. And just because someone doesn't like it, that does not mean they don't understand it...it's honestly arrogant of you to say that. You don't have to look at a design objectively, but you can. And if you do? Great! Good for you. Have fun with that, you super person, you! People can like Growlithe simply because it's a puppy that shoots fire, it doesn't have to be some complicated myth-based objective thing.

You keep trying to pass off your opinion (more keywords: OPINION) as a fact, and acting like everyone who disagrees is terrible. Like, seriously, I haven't buttstressed enough? I've only brought up Klefki, Trubbish, etc. like, what, twice in this entire 53-page thread? And you react to my posts--posts that are very clearly jokes--like that? No, I've no tolerance for that. I'm probably gonna get warning points from the mods for this, but get off your damn high horse.