Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

Ah, that's why it wasn't hard. Most people I know face Cynthia with a team of Pokemon with levels on their fifties.

And about Saphire and AS, you probably noticed that it's not that the game was easier, it was that the Gen 3 Pokemon that got stronger.

A lot stronger.

Well that and I'm not a bad as I used to be. Also giving Stevens Metagross Giga Impact just ruins him.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that and I'm not a bad as I used to be. Also giving Stevens Metagross Giga Impact just ruins him.

Good point actually.

We're older and smarter, so of course the games are easier. I remember playing a lot of older games, and they are always easier than I remember.

And to be fair, in RS, Steven's Metagross had Hyper Beam.

Good point actually.

We're older and smarter, so of course the games are easier. I remember playing a lot of older games, and they are always easier than I remember.

And to be fair, in RS, Steven's Metagross had Hyper Beam.

Holy crap you're right, I guess he just never spammed Hyper Beam as much as Giga Impact.

Cynthia is quite a good and balanced Champion. The first time I played Pearl I beat her with Infernape, Roserade, Palkia and Mismagius. Infernape dealt with Lucario and her Roserade, Roserade KO'd Gastrodon and Milotic, Palkia wrecked Garchomp and Spiritomb, and Mismagius was just there because she stomped Lucian.

With your team Infernape covers Lucario and Roserade, Luxray deals with Milotic, Garchomp chomps Garchomp, Lopunny can deal with Gastrodon, and Staraptor with Spiritomb. Just have them at good levels. Also, note thay you'll need one or two HM slaves. Btw, Lumineon can Ice Beam Garchomp but idk if she will be able to one shot him.

Yeah, I'm doing Garchomp because it's so good and so awesome. I do plan to give Lumineon Ice Beam, and probably a Quick Claw too. That was how I defeated Cynthia's Garchomp in Platinum, with a Gastrodon + Ice Beam + Quick Claw, and it was also a critical hit. I don't think I'll get that lucky this time, but I can sure try. XD I like west sea Gastrodon, but I also like Lumineon a lot.

But Cynthia's Pokemon have perfect IVs? Damn. Yeah, no wonder she was so good.

I forgot Milotic though, yeah. That was the team member I couldn't name.

I should replay a Pokemon, but the only one I have anymore is Omega Ruby. Gave Y to my boyfriend before he had to go back home across the continent. :')

I don't wanna restart it though, ugh.

Talks of 4th gen remakes make me feel really old; wonder if they'll stick with Primal De-evolution and ignore the Mystery Dungeon localization and that Primal Dialga.

I just recently played through Platinum, and I beat it last night

Cynthia was really, really frustrating, holy crap

I can't count how many times she swept my whole team with her Garchomp

Now I'm trying to replay White 2, but for some reason my 3DS wont read the game, and when it does read it, it freezes a couple minutes into gameplay :/

I've replayed X solely to get Mewtwo, Zygarde, Zapdos, and the Garchompite (for my sandstorm team). I'm considering Nuzlocking the one generation that I HAVEN'T beaten/really played: Unova. I have White and White 2, and I only ever got far into White because I wanted to get a Rufflet for a friend of mine that has Black.

Edit: Started my White Nuzlocke. Got destroyed by Cilan's Pansage SOLELY because it survived with ONE HP, and by that point, it had worked up TOO HIGH. Not to mention, all of my Pokemon are REALLY slow. Not to mention, before that, his Lillipup managed to SUCCESSFULLY ACTIVATE Pickup in the middle of battle, and it got an Oran Berry.

Edited by Dai

I'm loving those new ones, Mudsdale looks really cool and Bounsweet and Comfey are just adorable as heck!

Making healing moves first priority is pretty interesting, I hope Comfey can use it effectively. Or another pokemon that can do that gets it.

Mudsdale's Stamina also seems pretty interesting.

Bewear is a lovably punny name but I still don't like how it looks :P:

OMG ANOTHER HORSE ANOTHER HORSE ANOTHER HORSE!! :D and I LOVE IT! Now I can have Water, Fighting (Keldeo), Fire (Rapidash), Electric (Zebstrika), and Ground type horse/equine Pokemon on my team! <3 Mudsdale is going on my main story team though, fo sho.

And I love that lei Pokemon, Comfey and that cute little Grass type, Bounsweet! I'm using them too! I LOVE them!

Finally, some Pokemon I totally freaking dig! (no pun intended on Mudsdale lol) My team now is Popplio/Litten, Mudsdale, Pikipek, Comfey, and Bounsweet. Fairly balanced too! If I use Popplio and it evolves into Water/Fairy, I dun care. I beat X with three Fire types on my team. XD

Edited by Anacybele

Bewear is a lovably punny name but I still don't like how it looks :P:

I'm on mobile, so I can't watch videos... but if that's the English name for "Kiteruguma", it was just as punny in Japanese.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Balcerzak, July 19, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by Balcerzak, July 19, 2016 - No reason given

Edit: Can a mod delete this? Mobile crapped out and made me double post.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Honestly I was going to take a sick day but I checked my twitter and saw Pokemon news so I'm up and at it.

'Fore I start grabbing images and stuff lemme see if anyone's done that first.

Here's the actual trailer if anyone's too lazy to look for it themselves:

I didn't realize that Wimpod was only our second Bug/Water type until someone else pointed it out (I guess I forgot that Kabuto and Omanyte were Rock/Water instead...). I like how they're continuing with the unique and uncommon type combinations.

Alright, full list of the newbies comin' at ya.

[spoiler=Wimpod]d8e75beeda27c799a581e509ad0fde04.png

*Note that its Wimp Out ability is brand new and enables it to flee after its been attacked. This is probably going to make it a serious challenge to catch.

[spoiler=Bounsweet]eb136ca835c9c8c5898f6f3d324f2ccb.png

*It looks like some kind of berry, but I can't think of a real-world equivalent. Maybe it's a type of berry native to Hawaii that happens to have sentience? This isn't the first time we've had sentient fruit (i.e. Cherum).

[spoiler=Comfey]c0586646a915eaad05079522acf94236.png

*Triage is a brand-new ability. The Pokemon's also based off a traditional lei, though the flowers in this lei look like hibiscus flowers (typically hibiscus flowers aren't used for Hawaiian leis - plumerias are).

[spoiler=Mudsdale]a42d847f92f2284e960ff4021db8b76c.png

*Stamina is a brand-new ability as well - increasing its defense by +1 when it gets hit (so it's just Defense Rise compared to Defense Rising Sharply). (And okay, this name though. "Mud" 'cause it's a Ground type and "dale" from Clydsdale I'm. That's adorable.)

[spoiler=Mimikyu]359f42d5f11115e6c61d5b2ef4a1a455.png

*Brand-new ability and brand-new type combination, making this our first Ghost/Fairy Pokemon. Disguise seems to work like Substitute, where it uses the cloth to deflect hits from the actual creature, however, I could be wrong. This is just a guess.

[spoiler=Bewear]11453dfd63e1da3496b41aae887136ca.png

*If I'm recalling correctly only one other Pokemon has the Normal/Fighting type and it's an alternate form of Meloetta. So this is the first non-legendary Normal/Fighting type combination. Also, Fluffy's a brand new ability although we still haven't seen what it does (hopefully it's better than Klutz). Also. This name. This pun. I love it. I have to have one just because of the pun.

But, ah, that's all of them, other than the information about Hyper Training and Global Competitions.

God, this is such a great set of Pokemon this gen, I'm so happy~

Edited by Vashiane

Also, Fluffy's a brand new ability although we still haven't seen what it does (hopefully it's better than Klutz).

From the website:

The Fluffy Ability halves the damage taken from attacks that make direct contact, but in return it also doubles the damage taken from Fire-type moves.

Also from the website, on Bounsweet:

When running away from other Pokémon, Bounsweet flees danger by skipping along the ground. Since its bouncy movements don’t convey to others that it’s actually in desperate flight, no one ever comes to its aid.

That poor thing.

Last but not least, that moment when you check Mudsdale's weight and realize that it's

2028.3 lbs.

Well, sure, it is eight feet tall, but that's still heavier than everything except Mega Metagross and Groudon. At least Bewear should be able to carry it.

Edited by Lightchao42

lol, did you have to use a screenshot of Mudsdale's butt, Vash? :P I hope it has a pre-evolved form like the other non-legendary equines though. Cause just like Rapidash and Zebstrika, this guy looks like a completely evolved form.

And it's spelled Cherrim, for future reference. lol

Edited by Anacybele