Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

Speaking of Gym Leaders, I remember that both Gen 5 and Gen 6 had gym leaders revealed rather early, but then again, those gym leaders were Ash's traveling companions.

Oh, and will we finally get a Dark-Type Gym Leader?

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welp, new info in sub-24 hours.

Do you think it will be new pokemon? A proper look at Alola? Details on the villain team and gym leaders? Personally hoping for the last one.

When will they release the news? I don't remember.

I expect the rest legendary guardians, the villains and maybe a gym leader or two, or some details of the adventure.

When will they release the news? I don't remember.

I expect the rest legendary guardians, the villains and maybe a gym leader or two, or some details of the adventure.

They said it would come today, August 1st.

Let's see, it's about 2:00pm in Japan right now, if I got it right, so the new info must be coming any time now.

EDIT: I just remebered it now, but the info will come at 10:00pm JST, or 6:00am PT, 9:00am ET, 2:00pm BST

So the new info will come in a little less than eight hours.

Edited by Water Mage

It's up

...Basically, new Alola forms for Exeggcutor (becomes Grass/Dragon), the Vulpix line (Ice and Ice/Fairy) and the Sandshrew line (Ice/Steel), Some more Pokémon (Oricorio, Minior, Yungoos's evo Gumshoos, Fomantis and Lurantis, and Mudsdale's preevo Mudbray), riding services, apparent replacement of the Gym system, and more on the super moves in the adventure trailer now called "Z-moves"

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Yo, I'm digging the ice forms of Vulpix and Sandrew, Ice and Steel are 2 of my favorite types.

Also the island challenges are giving me Orange Island vibes, not a bad thing. Seems to be quite the interesting mix up of things.

Z-Moves huh? I guess since we didn't have Z Version :P:, also doing goofy as hell poses? All in.

Edited by Jedi

Very interesting new stuff!

These Alola Forms are very nice! The new Pokemon are cool!

So the gyms are now replaced by those challenges? I like it, and people are always complaining that Pokemon games have the same formula. They can't say that now.

And remember the joke about Yungoos looking like Donald Trump? Just look at it's evolution!

I'm just happy this might be the end of HM's.

Since it said call on the services of riding Pokémon I'm beginning to think that Sharpedo wasn't the trainer's.

All I can say to that is goddamn FINALLY.

Also dammit, the leaks are real due to featuring a revealed character? I guess I'm picking Rowlet...

Edited by Glaceon Mage

POKEMON INSURGENCE-STYLE DELTA POKEMON ARE A THING NOW AW SHIT

So are we not going to have traditional gyms this time around? How will Z-Moves affect competitive play, if they will at all? There was so much in this update my brain is going through a hundred thoughts a second.

Pom-pom Oricorio is cool. The ability is interesting.

Minior is neat. I wonder what actual effect Shields Down does.

Gumshoos is alright, as are the new grass types.

Mudbray hopefully means I can get Mudsdale earlier than lateish game.

Vulpix and Ninetales look better than they did before imo.

Sandshrew and Sandslash are cool. I like how Sanshrew is like an igloo.

Exeggutor is so stupid looking that it's funny.

Wasn't there something in the leaks about 'tyrant' pokemon? It seems like it is the totem pokemon mentioned in the trailer.

No comment on the rest of the stuff.

I'M ALIVE AND HYPE AS HELL.

Expect the usual post from me as soon as possible. (Also gonna add a section for the Z-moves because /nice/.)

Edited by Vashiane

Mallow is my spirit animal

Forantis and Lurantis are my favorite Gen7 Pokemon so far

And Alola Exeggutor looks goofy, but there's a grass/dragon type at least

I'M ALIVE AND HYPE AS HELL.

Expect the usual post from me as soon as possible. (Also gonna add a section for the Z-moves because /nice/.)

And expect me to quote it for the OP, if that's alright.

I haven't watched the trailer at all; expect my impressions soon-ish.

Mega Sceptile yo

Oh yeah, silly me. But, I was more going on about Pokemon you don't have to mega evolve. Secptile has to Mega evolve while an Exeggutor has to mutate on Alola.

I'm already in love with the Alola forms of Vulpix, Ninetales, Sandshrew and sandslash. The Alola form of Exeggutor didn't impress me at all.

Oricorio is a memeber of my time and I'll get him in his different versions.

The Alola trials seems to be interesting as well, as they gave me the impression that they are going to be more complex than the normal gyms of the precedent games.

Very interesting new stuff!

These Alola Forms are very nice! The new Pokemon are cool!

So the gyms are now replaced by those challenges? I like it, and people are always complaining that Pokemon games have the same formula. They can't say that now.

And remember the joke about Yungoos looking like Donald Trump? Just look at it's evolution!

I love alola ninetails also i have a feeling gumshoos want to build a wall to make alola great again

I'd personally like to avoid anything politics-related; don't want anybody to get triggered and the thread to get derailed. So as much as most of us want to, please no Gumshoos = Trump jokes.

I want my Icepix and Iceslash now, Aloha Sandslash is literally my 2 favorite types jammed together and his spines look like Crystals.

Gotta love that 4x weakness to fire and fighting.

Anyways, looks like this gen is finally shaking things up from a gameplay perspective. Kinda sad to see the Gyms go, and not a fan of the Trial Leader's designs just yet.

#IcalledMudsdalesPreevolution #RowletMasterRace

Edited by The DanMan

i feel like alola forms are only going to be for first gen pokemon so marowak would make sense and really a fire type marowak sounds cool

So if a Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/Unova/Kalos Vulpix mates with an Alola Vulpix... what kind of Vulpix do you get? The mother's kind?

Also

Seems the grass mantis might be among the Totem Pokémon.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Sophocles has a gameboy on his shirt. Just noticed that.

Also, obvious reference in new thread title is obvious.

i feel like alola forms are only going to be for first gen pokemon so marowak would make sense and really a fire type marowak sounds cool

Please no. Not more genwunner pandering after X and Y.