Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

Here are the english bios:

"Wimpod have a cowardly nature and are wary of noises and sudden movements. If you approach them in a group, they’ll immediately run off. When Wimpod feel threatened, they spit out a poisonous liquid. The stench of this toxic fluid signals others that danger is near. Despite their extreme cowardice, their curiosity leads Wimpod to approach people or Pokémon that are standing still.

Wimpod eat and store anything that they find fallen on the ground. They also scavenge any garbage that’s been dropped in the sea, so they’re highly valued as cleaners. They sometimes carry pearls or other valuable items, so humans or Pokémon like Murkrow may target them.

Wimpod has the new Wimp Out Ability, an Ability that no other Pokémon has had before. With the Wimp Out Ability, if this Pokémon’s HP drops below half in battle, it will run away or swap out for another Pokémon."

"Mimikyu lives its life completely covered by its cloth and is always hidden. People believe that anybody who sees its true form beneath the cloth will be stricken with a mysterious illness. People in the Alola region are convinced that you must never try to peek beneath its covering. Mimikyu’s health fails when it’s bathed in the rays of the sun, so it prefers to stick to dark places. It’s rumored that the reason it covers itself with a cloth is to avoid sunlight.

The rising popularity of Pikachu-styled merchandise around 20 years ago is the reason that Mimikyu makes itself look like Pikachu. In fact, this Pokémon is dreadfully lonely, and it thought it would be able to make friends with humans if only it looked like Pikachu.

Mimikyu has the Disguise Ability, a new Ability that no Pokémon has ever before possessed. The Disguise Ability allows it to escape damage from an enemy’s attack just one time, and then its appearance changes."

"Mudsdale is known for its powerful body as well as its emotional fortitude, which keeps it from being agitated by anything. It never cries out, no matter what kind of trouble it’s in, and it defeats its opponents with a single powerful blow. Its legs are coated in protective mud, and the weight of this coating increases the force of its kicks. One kick, and a car is a pile of scrap!

Mudsdale’s running speed is not too swift, but it has excellent power and stamina. It can carry on for three days and three nights despite dragging loads of over 10 tons!

When Mudsdale gallops in earnest, the power of each hoof-clop can dig out huge holes, even in asphalt. Mudsdale is forbidden to run on some of Alola’s public roads.

Mudsdale can have the new Stamina Ability, an Ability that no other Pokémon has had before. With the Stamina Ability, this Pokémon’s Defense goes up by 1 when it’s hit by an attack."

"Comfey picks flowers and always carries them around. It makes a ring of blossoms and spreads oil from its body on it, which changes the flowers so they emit a soothing fragrance. It has a habit of giving these flower rings to those it’s fond of. The aroma can soothe both itself and its allies. Comfey also helps with the treatment of people and Pokémon at Pokémon Centers and hospitals, thanks to its aroma.

When attacked by other Pokémon, it throws its flowers at them to create an opening, and then it either flees or strikes back.

Comfey can have the new Triage Ability, an Ability that no other Pokémon has had before. With the Triage Ability, this Pokémon’s restorative moves gain the highest priority in battle."

"When Bewear is acting in a friendly fashion, just swinging its arms around, you must never dare to approach it carelessly. It is acknowledged to be a dangerous Pokémon, even within the Alola region. You may see warning signs posted near places it resides.

When Bewear grows fond of its Trainer, it may show that feeling in a fond embrace—but the force of that hug is tremendous! Trainers must teach these Pokémon how to restrain their strength when showing affection.

Bewear may have the Fluffy Ability, a new Ability that no Pokémon has ever possessed before. The Fluffy Ability halves the damage taken from attacks that make direct contact, but in return it also doubles the damage taken from Fire-type moves."

"Because it exudes a delicious smell from its entire body, Bounsweet is popular with Pokémon and people of the Alola region. Bounsweet’s scent has a calming effect on humans, so many people let them live inside their homes as a sort of air freshener. Unfortunately, it’s sometimes swallowed whole by Pokémon drawn to its aroma.

When running away from other Pokémon, Bounsweet flees danger by skipping along the ground. Since its bouncy movements don’t convey to others that it’s actually in desperate flight, no one ever comes to its aid.

When attacked by enemies, it drives them off by rotating the calyx on its head. The downside is how dizzy it gets afterward!"

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got the horse's ass. Awesome. Kinda made my oh so average day.

lol, did you have to use a screenshot of Mudsdale's butt, Vash? :P I hope it has a pre-evolved form like the other non-legendary equines though. Cause just like Rapidash and Zebstrika, this guy looks like a completely evolved form.

And it's spelled Cherrim, for future reference. lol

... Oh my god. It was the first screenshot I got with all of its info, I swear that wasn't intentional. If you want I'll redo it.

And Cherrim. Yeah. That one. Why did I think there was a U in there?

@ Lightchao: I'll add that info in then. That's a really interesting ability - though that additional Fire damage is probably gonna suck quite a bit.

Although on the topic of Bounsweet (precious thing omg), there's a type of berry - well, two - that it might be based off.

ohelo1.jpg

That's called the Ōhelo berry, and it's a berry native to Hawaii and typically found growing from 1000 to 6000 feet above sea level along volcanoes. The berry is considered sacred, as it's given as an offering to the Hawaiian goddess of volcanoes, Pele, and the berry is also a staple in the diet of a protected bird, the Nēnē Goose.

There's one other interesting little tidbit about this berry. There's another native berry that looks similar to the Ōhelo berry, except for a few small differences. This plant is called the Akia, and both the berries and the bark of this plant are toxic. (But we do have the poison type, and Bounsweet isn't one, so I'm banking on the Ōhelo.)

I would personally redo it, but I wouldn't make you, Vash. It's weird, but funny. :P

EDIT: PLEASE no. We have enough Grass/Poison Pokemon! In fact, every Grass type in gen 1 sans Tangela is Grass/Poison! And then you have Roselia's line!

Edited by Anacybele

Ah, yeah, Samias is right.

Mangosteen1.jpg

Googling says it's not poisonous at all too, and is actually nutritious. So Bounsweet is safe from ever being Grass/Poison.

Edited by Anacybele

k

EDIT: PLEASE no. We have enough Grass/Poison Pokemon! In fact, every Grass type in gen 1 sans Tangela is Grass/Poison! And then you have Roselia's line!

What about the Exeggcute line? And the Paras line?

And speaking of Grass/Poison, there is also the Foogus line.

But it was just guess.

Exeggcutor was good back in gen 1... highest non legendary special in the game. Psychic was also a great subtype back then instead of one that is easily preyed upon.

Tangela was the only pure grass type in gen 1. Every other grass Pokémon was a dual type with the overwhelming majority being grass/poison. And then we still got Roselia and Foongus.

According to Wikipedia some of these mangosteen trees exist in Florida...

Next time I'm in Miami I'll see if I can't get a couple.

Also footnote but I did get a front-facing shot of Mudsdale and I swapped them out. It's just fair that way (plus it looks really cool from the front tbh).

Those are bad. We don't talk about those Pokemon.

Paras is one of my favorite lines solely because it's zombie apocalypse AU bait. Where's my Pokemon/The Last of Us crossover?

Mudsdale is awesome, added to the team. Stamina seems like a really cool ability. Here's hoping its special defense isn't terrible.

Wimpod is alright, but it'll be a bit of a bitch to catch. Wimp Out is an interesting ability. Also some people are speculating it will be version exclusive with Grubbin, but I don't think there's any 'evidence' besides their colors.

Bounsweet and Comfey are neat I guess. Triage is like Prankster but more situational. Could be interesting in doubles with Heal Pulse perhaps.

Mimikyu is still super adorable. Disguise is a cool ability, but for some reason I don't think it will get an evolution.

I still don't like Bewear that much, but I like the name. Fluffy is an strange ability that is like Fur Coat, but it effectively gives you a fire weakness.

Hyper Training is pretty cool, but Bottle Caps are going to be as rare as Rare Candies I'm guessing. As long as they can be bought with BP though, it shouldn't be that bad.

The online stuff is cool, but I won't use it.

I get the feeling Triage is an Extremespeed+ priority as opposed to normal priority like Prankster or Gale Wings. The wording is different. Otherwise Prankster would outclass it. In this case, it means you will always get your heal off instead of hoping your priority doesn't get outsped by Talonflame or something. If it learns Heal Pulse or something and has better BST than Cherrim perhaps it will be a good addition to a doubles team.

Bewear is legit as tall as Pangoro. It's terrifying.

Anyway, hyper training lets you change their IVs, so you can change Hidden Power's type as long as you have bottle caps. So Hidden Power will be a lot more useful now since it's easier to get a type that can cover that Pokemon's weakness or whatever.