Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YZvEK9A.png

Starter leaks confirmed.

I didn't even see Ash, does that mean she will be the new pokégirl?

Oh wow she can even cook, yup, good-bye Serena.

Ash won't have all the starters, good.

Another award-winning post for the OP. Thanks a bunch.

This; from personal experience, the RWBY fandom has art for new characters/designs up within an hour of their first public appearance. It's ridiculous how dedicated some fanartists are.

No problem! <3

Oh yeah, Vash, about Stakeout:

It allows the user to ''deal twice the normal damage if the opponent just switched into battle''.

So it's the exact opposite of Pursuit but it's an ability instead of an attack.

That's so cool! I'm definitely finding one with Stakeout then.

I'll edit that into the main post, but since the thread OP already quoted that one, they might just add your post on as an addition, which is fine because granted, my post is huge.

I still have hope! But it's dwindling quickly.

If it's not from the mouth of Nintendo itself, the amount of fucks I give is Zero. This happens so many times that by now I've learned not to trust leaks.

(Also I would trust that Game Freak would know that most of its fanbase is beyond sick of Fire/Fighting starters... so.........)

Edited by Vashiane

If it's not from the mouth of Nintendo itself, the amount of fucks I give is Zero. This happens so many times that by now I've learned not to trust leaks.

(Also I would trust that Game Freak would know that most of its fanbase is beyond sick of Fire/Fighting starters... so.........)

The only issue is that the all the "leaks" say it's a Fire/Dark type, due to its use of underhanded wrestling moves. Apparently it's supposed to be like a heel from WWE.

Litten Evo. for pokken confirmed.

That would be August 11th, 9:00 PM EDT

Cool, the night right before I leave for a trip! :D

And awesome, MERMAID POPPLIO IS REAL YES YES YES!! I mean, that's practically a confirmation!

I've decided to name my team after Disney princesses and related characters, btw, because the Mermaid Popplio gave me the idea to name it Ariel!

So:

Mermaid Popplio - Ariel

Mudsdale - Philippe (Belle's horse, who is in fact a clydesdale)

Ice/Fairy Ninetales - Elsa

Comfey - the Disney Hawaiian princess, can't remember her name

Pikipek - Aurora (because birds sing and one of the gifts the fairies gave Aurora was the "gift of song")

I'm going to name a Pokemon Jasmine too, because I liked Jasmine a lot.

Edited by Anacybele

I was talking about Mega Evolution, since people seem worried about it. It hasn't been shown at all, so I'm kinda wondering if it'll be post-game only thing where the key stone is added to the Z-bracelet.I wasn't talking about Z-attacks themselves.

Whoops then I misunderstood everything!

Formantis is a nocturnal Pokemon, and one of the versions is called Pokemon Moon.

I'm feeling very stupid right now. My apologies for bothering you for such a thing.

Okay, so here's something interesting you guys.

Read these descriptions of the Trials from the Pokemon website.

Coxrt8cWcAAdssh.jpgCoxrt8aWIAAfyy3.jpg

Particularly of interest is the first one and how it states that this is unique to Alola and that it helps young people grow into Pokemon trainers. That's the purpose of gyms in every other game, but here...

do we not have gyms in Alola?

Interesting.

This actually bring me to think that perhaps even the League will be substituted by something else, like these trials seems to do for the gyms.

Oh yeah, my vote has now officially been changed to Popplio. There's no doubt in my mind that the leak is real. But if it still somehow turns out to be fake, my vote may change back again.

Btw, if I decide to make Rockruff a main team member, it'll be named Bruno, after Cinderella's dog. Continues the trend of Disney princesses and related characters. ^^

Edited by Anacybele

Oh yeah, Vash, about Stakeout:

It allows the user to ''deal twice the normal damage if the opponent just switched into battle''.

So it's the exact opposite of Pursuit but it's an ability instead of an attack.

No problem! <3

That's so cool! I'm definitely finding one with Stakeout then.

I'll edit that into the main post, but since the thread OP already quoted that one, they might just add your post on as an addition, which is fine because granted, my post is huge.

I'm not that lazy; I'll just type up an addendum with credit given.

EDIT: Okay, I kinda sorta am... .

Edited by The DanMan

Seriously just call them Snowshrew and Snowslash. It's not difficult.

Actually, it is.

In Japanese, almost every Pokémon name is a pun, a phrase in a foreign language, or cultural reference. Or a combination.

So it made it easier on them.

I didn't even see Ash, does that mean she will be the new pokégirl?

Oh wow she can even cook, yup, good-bye Serena.

Ash won't have all the starters, good.

I hope all that trash shipping in the anime doesn't go to waste.

I want Satoshi retired. I want a new protagonist. Hell, even Alan will do.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Cool, the night right before I leave for a trip! :D

And awesome, MERMAID POPPLIO IS REAL YES YES YES!! I mean, that's practically a confirmation!

I've decided to name my team after Disney princesses and related characters, btw, because the Mermaid Popplio gave me the idea to name it Ariel!

So:

Mermaid Popplio - Ariel

Mudsdale - Philippe (Belle's horse, who is in fact a clydesdale)

Ice/Fairy Ninetales - Elsa

Comfey - the Disney Hawaiian princess, can't remember her name

Pikipek - Aurora (because birds sing and one of the gifts the fairies gave Aurora was the "gift of song")

I'm going to name a Pokemon Jasmine too, because I liked Jasmine a lot.

You mean Moana? Technically she's Polynesian but... the actual Hawaiian Disney characters are Lilo and Nani.

And MAN, that's such a cute theme I'm yelling.

I'm not that lazy; I'll just type up an addendum with credit given.

Not trying to imply you were lazy in any way! But that works out fine.

Edited by Vashiane

It's Moana, Ana.

Not trying to imply you were lazy in any way! But that works out fine.

I'm joking. Considering my own sig, why I do that is questionable. Plus, considering I'm on the crappy family computer... well, check my edit on that post.

It's Moana, Ana.

Yeah, I was told that later. lol And thanks, I just like Disney a lot. :3

Also, I couldn't leave Moana out of this even if I wasn't using a lei Pokemon. She's HAWAIIAN. And this region is Hawaii. lol

Yeah, I was told that later. lol And thanks, I just like Disney a lot. :3

Also, I couldn't leave Moana out of this even if I wasn't using a lei Pokemon. She's HAWAIIAN. And this region is Hawaii. lol

Man, same. I have no idea what to even start naming my Pokemon (other than Rowlet, whose name is a science ref).

Though it's really tempting to name them all after Animal Crossing characters...

Actually, it is.

In Japanese, almost every Pokémon name is a pun, a phrase in a foreign language, or cultural reference. Or a combination.

So it made it easier on them.

While I appreciate that it's not quite so easy in Japan, we aren't getting the games in Japanese (well, most of us anyway). To me it doesn't seem like it'd be difficult for the localization team to alter the names a bit. If there's more to it than that I'd be happy to know.

It's not like this is a huge sticking point for me or anything. Just a little pet peeve of mine.

Sandshrew's English name didn't even make sense to begin with.

It's not even a shrew, being more along the lines of a pangolin or an armadillo.

So Ice/Steel Pangolins/Armadillos called Sandshrew makes no sense.

As for their Japanese names, Sandshrew is just the English word Sand approximated with katakana, while Sandslash is Sandshrew's JP name with pan (from pangolin) tacked to the end.

Is there something I'm missing here? It doesn't seem punny at all, just standard fare Gen 1 Japanese names.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

That Bloom Doom move was so strong that it made Popplio cease to exist.

Also, if those leaks are indeed real, then I'm gonna choose Rowlet fo sure.

Edit

Also, not sure if anyone commented about this, but apparently that fire trial captain, Kiawe, studies dances across Alola with his Marowak, as described in the official site. So, it's very likelly that Cubone and Marowak will receive fire-type forms. Nice, I guess, but I don't think we'll be seeing new forms of pokémon from other generations.

Edited by Happiest

Man, same. I have no idea what to even start naming my Pokemon (other than Rowlet, whose name is a science ref).

Though it's really tempting to name them all after Animal Crossing characters...

you can rename Rowlet into Shinon since he's a sniper and loves snipping behind trees! And Rowlet is surely a grass type Marksman, so there!

Interesting thing I found out from Shofu's video on the matter:

"There are two conditions for performing Z-Moves: a Pokémon must learn a move of the same type as a Z-Crystal, and it must be holding the corresponding Z-Crystal. "

Does this mean that a Pokemon can use any Z-move as long as it has one of the same type in it's moveset, as opposed to limiting it to the 'mon's primary type?

Sounds like Z-Crystals are hold items. They better be worth not having an actual item.

I read that the moves can only be used once per battle, much like Mega Evolution. But unlike Mega Evolution, I doubt the effects will last all that long.

I personally think Mega Evolution will be back.

Also... remember Mega Rayquaza?

Doesn't need a hold item to mega evolve?

...I think I hear the sound of an "Absolutely (we're serious this time) Anything Goes" tier being created.