Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

I've been exploring-not to mention, I haven't been able to play as much as I could have. Hell, I had half of my fifty-hour week the past few days after I got the games. I'm only at Paniola Ranch.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty much close to finishing the game, and I have to say, this is one of the hardest Pokemon games out there.

What really saved me during the boss trainers, was the fact that you switch Pokemon after defeating one of the opponent's Pokemon.

Since this can be turned off, I wonder how harder the game would be. I might try it one day.

What do you guys think? Would this game be much harder if the ability to switch Pokemon after defeating an opponent was turned off?

Edited by Water Mage

BTW, does anybody know when/where you can fight the trial captains?

Go to there house's after fighting the Kahuna of the island (only for the first 2 islands).

Ilima: Mansion on the west side of Hau'oli.

Lana: House north of Olivia's shop in Konikoni.

Kiawe: House west of Pokemon center in Paniola. Sun exclusive.

Mallow: Restaurant in Konikoni. Moon exclusive.

Water Mage, I'd say so. I was playing on switch until sometime before Kiawe's trial. Not many important fights since then (just got to Ula'ula), but it's something I guess.

Edited by Konnor97

Yeah, it probably would be harder, Water Mage.

I encountered an error/glitch that you guys probably ought to know about. I ran into a wild Gastly and I forgot to check which Pokemon I'd be sending out since I just had one faint at the time. My Mudbray was sent out. Gastly's a Poison type, so my screen says Mudbray's Ground type moves are super effective against it. Wrong. I forgot it has Levitate. And apparently, so did GameFreak. Even after I tried to use one of those moves, it still listed them as super effective even though they had no effect. GameFreak forgot to take abilities into account when doing this part...

Yeah, it probably would be harder, Water Mage.

I encountered an error/glitch that you guys probably ought to know about. I ran into a wild Gastly and I forgot to check which Pokemon I'd be sending out since I just had one faint at the time. My Mudbray was sent out. Gastly's a Poison type, so my screen says Mudbray's Ground type moves are super effective against it. Wrong. I forgot it has Levitate. And apparently, so did GameFreak. Even after I tried to use one of those moves, it still listed them as super effective even though they had no effect. GameFreak forgot to take abilities into account when doing this part...

The system probably doesn't take abilities in account, only the type.

Speaking of the Gastly family and Levitate, it worth knowing that Gengar lost Levitate in this Gen.

It's ability now is Cursed Body.

That's...what I just said. :/ GameFreak forgot to have the system take abilities into account and their mistake here has led to a misleading error.

Edited by Anacybele

Speaking of the Gastly family and Levitate, it worth knowing that Gengar lost Levitate in this Gen.

It's ability now is Cursed Body.

Good. I would say that nerf was entirely necessary, as Gengar is shown to be able to walk on the ground. Also, Cursed Body is an underrated ability, and only given to a rather rare set of Pokemon that few people consider using. Now that Gengar has Cursed Body, people will attack it much more carefully, as the Disabling of a move can potentially cripple strategies in the metagame.

That's...what I just said. :/ GameFreak forgot to have the system take abilities into account and their mistake here has led to a misleading error.

It's probably intentional because it's not supposed to reflect abilities, as it would remove a strategic element in the game. It doesn't change the text for Flash Fire, Dry Skin, Volt Absorb, etc.

Wow, Arie the Brionne did it again! He hung on to beat Hala, now he did the same against Olivia. I used a Z-move for the first time too since by this point you have the Water Z crystal.

But these Kahunas are not nearly as hard as the Totem Pokemon. Kind of a bummer. But it's also a bit of relief after the trouble that was Lurantis... I think what the problem is here is that the Totem Pokemon are a new thing. We're not new to normal Pokemon battles at all. So naturally, the Totem Pokemon will be more of a challenge.

EDIT: I think it was a mistake. I don't see what strategy is removed at all. It's fine if at first the text reads super effective, but not changing after the move is used to reflect the results is very stupid.

Edited by Anacybele

It's probably intentional because it's not supposed to reflect abilities, as it would remove a strategic element in the game. It doesn't change the text for Flash Fire, Dry Skin, Volt Absorb, etc.

To me it seems the error was that "ability text" has no priority over "typing text," or "type text" overwrites ability text somehow.

The game saying "It's super effective" from the typing over "It doesn't affect the wild Ghastly" from ability doesn't make logical sense any way you look at it, since the ability text should cancel the type text here.

To me it seems the error was that "ability text" has no priority over "typing text," or "type text" overwrites ability text somehow.

The game saying "It's super effective" from the typing over "It doesn't affect the wild Ghastly" from ability doesn't make logical sense any way you look at it, since the ability text should cancel the type text here.

Maybe Nintendo will release a patch, granted they only did that with X and Y because of it being gamebreaking, not because it teaches younger players how important abilities are.

Good. I would say that nerf was entirely necessary, as Gengar is shown to be able to walk on the ground. Also, Cursed Body is an underrated ability, and only given to a rather rare set of Pokemon that few people consider using. Now that Gengar has Cursed Body, people will attack it much more carefully, as the Disabling of a move can potentially cripple strategies in the metagame.

I don't think saying it makes more sense logic wise is a good enough reason for a nerf. Nerfs should be done because the element in question is genuinely problematic. From what I've heard and seen, Levitate Gengar was never considered broken, so weakening it's viability just for flavor reason doesn't fly with me. Especially when the replacement ability is something as mediocre as Cursed Body. Gengar doesn't have the defense to abuse Cursed Body and Earthquake doesn't care about it. It also has access to disable, so a 30% chance of disabling a random move isn't good in comparison. Heck, most of the pokemon that have access to Cursed Body don't have the bulk to abuse it. The only ones who have decent defenses are Jellicent and arguably, A-Marowak, but even then, Water Absorb for Jellicent and Lightning rod or Rock Head for Marowak are much better abilities.

I finally got some different clothes. Kept the shirt though. It's kinda hard to top that cute flower print top. :P

Although, I've seen very little that I like. The main problem is that hardly anything is blue! (I also think the yellow is too bright) Do the Japanese hate blue or something? What utter stupidity not to have blue as a color option. :/ I also remember seeing a lot of cute stuff in the trailers, but I haven't seen any of it available yet.

I also haven't been able to get those pigtails I saw in the trailer as well. What gives? :(

Edited by Anacybele

I finally got some different clothes. Kept the shirt though. It's kinda hard to top that cute flower print top. :P

Although, I've seen very little that I like. The main problem is that hardly anything is blue! (I also think the yellow is too bright) Do the Japanese hate blue or something? What utter stupidity not to have blue as a color option. :/ I also remember seeing a lot of cute stuff in the trailers, but I haven't seen any of it available yet.

I also haven't been able to get those pigtails I saw in the trailer as well. What gives? :(

Colors are version exclusive. Sub gets the red, orange and yellows while Moon gets Green, Blues and purples.

Colors are version exclusive. Sub gets the red, orange and yellows while Moon gets Green, Blues and purples.

That's even stupider. XY didn't have version exclusive colors or anything. Though the color choices for each version do make sense.

But what about those pigtails I saw in one of the trailers? Were they removed later or something? :(

EDIT: Oh, and can someone remind me where to find a Thunder Stone? I still haven't found one for my Pikachu. I'd search online myself, but I'm afraid of running into spoilers I don't want to see.

Edited by Anacybele

EDIT: Oh, and can someone remind me where to find a Thunder Stone? I still haven't found one for my Pikachu. I'd search online myself, but I'm afraid of running into spoilers I don't want to see.

Apparently there's one behind a caravan on Route 8.

If I recall correctly, off of route 8 there should be a guy with a trailer talking about fossils and such, and there should be a thunderstone tucked around the back of that area. Alternatively, you should be able to buy one in Konikoni City at the tail end of Akala.

That's even stupider. XY didn't have version exclusive colors or anything. Though the color choices for each version do make sense.

By visiting other people's Festival Plaza you can dye white clothing; heck, I've got a yellow dye shop in my Moon copy.

Ah, thanks, guys.

Now can someone tell me about the pigtails hair, please? xP I asked that a few times over in this thread... I've checked more than one hair place, but they all seem to offer the same things and none sound like pigtails to me.

Now can someone tell me about the pigtails hair, please? xP I asked that a few times over in this thread... I've checked more than one hair place, but they all seem to offer the same things and none sound like pigtails to me.

If no one is answering, they probably don't know.

I haven't seen them documented anywhere yet so you might need to wait.

If no one is answering, they probably don't know.

I haven't seen them documented anywhere yet so you might need to wait.

Ah, okay then, they could've just said they don't know. My bad though. >_<

Man, I don't know how I would've beaten Totem Vikavolt without a good chunk of my team resisting or being immune to Electric type moves. Flynn the Marowak and Philippe the Mudsdale are both immune thanks to the former having Lightning Rod and the latter being Ground type. Jaq the Pikachu resists due to being Electric itself and Tiana the Tsareena resists due to being Grass. I actually didn't use Jaq though, because his health was low by that point.

Btw, I finally have a beautiful Primarina, yaaaayz!