Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

A serious warning people!

There has been reports of a very serious glitch in Sun and Moon.

People are reporting that saving in a Pokemon Center may cause your file to end up corrupt! It actually similar to the Lumiose glitch.

Do not save at a Pokemon Center until a patch comes out!

This is late, but it seems that the glitch only happens to people who are using PKHeX, which is a save editing tool. Basically, anyone who isn't using it is safe.

Edited by Lightchao42

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woot caught an adamant Solgaleo :D

Also E4 here I come. Somebody beat me to the questions i was going to ask :V

Gladion sure gave me a run for my money. I need to level my team

I think i might catch a Vulpix to replace Ribombee cause i don't like that pokemon.

Edited by SlayerX

According to smogon it has always been 50 BP, and Bulbapedia doesn't mention any changes either.

Doesn't mean it didn't actually change. Little things like this can easily be missed. I know I would never have noticed if I didn't have the move in a certain moveset so much. xP

Doesn't mean it didn't actually change. Little things like this can easily be missed. I know I would never have noticed if I didn't have the move in a certain moveset so much. xP

It hasn't changed. You're misremembering.

I just opened my copy of Black to check.

Pretty sure it was 40 before. I had it on my Zebstrika all the time in gen 5 due to it's lame movepool...

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Flame_Charge_(move)

SS2M80W.png

It's always been fifty.

Go and check in one of your Gen V copies if you don't believe me.

(Screenshot's from Black 2).

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Let's just move on then, there's really no point in arguing/debating it and it's kind of off topic anyway.

Still, why is my memory so wrong so fucking much? It's not just annoying, it's also embarrassing. How would you all like it if you were so sure of something for a long time, only to find out you're utterly wrong, and then find out that this happens a lot?

Tbh briefly opening it makes me want to export that save and start Black 2 Challenge mode over.

Thanks to cheat codes to unlock it off the bat, stupid key system.

I'll probably replay it when the projects I have to finish wrap up.

"So I guess that was an Exeguttor? The weather in Alola has caused it to grow more vigorously than I would've liked it to."

*close up of Lillie's face, which goes from a shocked expression to silent laughter*

I'm sorry, but...? Did they? They actually... wow.

So I finally saw the first of those

Ultra-Beasts. That I couldn't capture, 'cuz pokeballs don't work in this stupid place.

And that pretty lady, who's over 40 years old too.

You guys play through so fast. Didn't you leave yourselves time to really enjoy it? Like did you explore to find some items and more Pokemon and such?

I know I've been slow partly because I'm on vacation, but I did those things. xP

We are supposed to enjoy playing games ? My life is a lie.
Nah, more seriously, could you tell me more about that Alolan Marowak ? Is he doing a good job ?

The clothes seems to be as lacking as in X and Y, for guys at least.

Like, woah, tops, shirt and shorts... And they are all ugly as hell. Especially the tops. And those kids are not 11, it's BS.

A serious warning people!

There has been reports of a very serious glitch in Sun and Moon.
People are reporting that saving in a Pokemon Center may cause your file to end up corrupt! It actually similar to the Lumiose glitch.
Do not save at a Pokemon Center until a patch comes out!

Thanks for telling us. Good thing I never save in a center, it would've been a very bad time to start there.

Thanks for telling us. Good thing I never save in a center, it would've been a very bad time to start there.

Only seems to happen for those who are using a save hack of some sort.

...What. I knew it seemed to do more damage than normal, but dang, what a buff. I also wondered why it suddenly became a TM when it was a pretty crappy move in the past.

Well, you kinda answered your own question, they buffed it and made it a TM since it's no longer a crappy early game bug attack.

Or at least, for what I seen from my friends.

Nah, more seriously, could you tell me more about that Alolan Marowak ? Is he doing a good job ?

I know it wasn't directed at me but I can't resist.

A-Marowak suffers from not having any good physical stab moves. All it gets is Flame charge from a TM. This goes on until the Elite 4 were, due to the move relearner, gets Shadow Bone and Flare Blitz. Other than that, Marowak does get a couple of nice moves, like Bonemerang, Brick Break, Endeavor (a bit late had it for my legendary fight), and Thrash. His typing does allow him to swithc into many things and cause havoc on them. If you want to use him I recommend you get a Thick Club (get a butterfree before you try, compound eyes will safe you time).

I'm currently catching Pokemon and continuing to explore the islands in lieu of progressing with the trials. Trying to catch a Feebas is awful as usual, except the encounter rate is even lower than normal at a mere 1% if the water isn't rippling (and the water rippling brings it back up to 5%). Also, Beldum is a jerk with a stupidly low catch rate.

Only seems to happen for those who are using a save hack of some sort.

Still good to know. Especially how those kind of saves are.

I know it wasn't directed at me but I can't resist.

A-Marowak suffers from not having any good physical stab moves. All it gets is Flame charge from a TM. This goes on until the Elite 4 were, due to the move relearner, gets Shadow Bone and Flare Blitz. Other than that, Marowak does get a couple of nice moves, like Bonemerang, Brick Break, Endeavor (a bit late had it for my legendary fight), and Thrash. His typing does allow him to swithc into many things and cause havoc on them. If you want to use him I recommend you get a Thick Club (get a butterfree before you try, compound eyes will safe you time).

All opinions are welcome. Thank you for answering. :)

A-Marowak, eh ? I'll use that from now on.

I couldn't exactly resist replacing Slowpoke, so I decided to catch it's prevolution and level it up with my team, he just evolved.

It's exactly as you said, I immediatly gave him Break Brick and Flame Charge, he already had Bonemerang. limited but versatile I suppose.

What surprised me the most was the weird stats (compared to the other member of my team). Enormous def, but beside that, Gyarados who's at the same level beat him at everything.

He have 46 Attack, when my Fletchinder lv 34 (I know, two weird measuring sticks), have 61.Attack.

It seems like A-Marowak is Awesome but Impratical, like the normal one.

Still good to know. Especially how those kind of saves are.

All opinions are welcome. Thank you for answering. :)

A-Marowak, eh ? I'll use that from now on.

I couldn't exactly resist replacing Slowpoke, so I decided to catch it's prevolution and level it up with my team, he just evolved.

It's exactly as you said, I immediatly gave him Break Brick and Flame Charge, he already had Bonemerang. limited but versatile I suppose.

What surprised me the most was the weird stats (compared to the other member of my team). Enormous def, but beside that, Gyarados who's at the same level beat him at everything.

He have 46 Attack, when my Fletchinder lv 34 (I know, two weird measuring sticks), have 61.Attack.

It seems like A-Marowak is Awesome but Impratical, like the normal one.

According to the competitive topic, Lightning Rod A-Marowak seems to be doing well this generation. He apparently can stop some top threats like Tapu Koko. Also yes, his attack stat is a little underwhelming on its own, but give it thick club. It doubles Marowak's attack stat.

Edited by SlayerX

No, there's nothing you can do. I technically can continue if I want, but there's no way I'm going to do what I would need to to move on. It would be WAY too much work. I simply screwed myself over and I feel really stupid about it. All but one of my team is either weak to Grass types or ineffective against them. I thought my Trumbeak would be enough to clear Mallow's trial, but it got beat easily. A battle in this game should not be THAT difficult. Why does this Lurantis have a healing move, a Power Herb, a physical version of Solarbeam, AND a Castform partner that uses Sunny Day? That's way overkill. Speaking of which, this game's difficulty is the dumbest I've ever seen. It's all over the place. One important battle is kind of hard, then the next is super easy, and then the next is extremely hard and the pattern continues like this.

The easiest solution here would be to evolve my Cubone, but I don't think it evolves until lv. 28 and it's only lv. 24 or 25. I'm not going to go back and catch a Magby or Salandit, I don't want either of them at all, especially when it wouldn't have been long until I got an Alolan Marowak for my Fire type after this trial.

Catch a Fletchling, evolve it into Fletchinder, and cheese the trial. Mine was a good four levels below the totem, and it literally soloed them (all the other Pokemon on my team existed to switch in so I could revive Fletchinder). You'll need a LOT of Super Potions for this, though!

The best part about this is that Fletchinder can get Flame Body, and along with Ember, it means you have a chance at burning the other team.

Congrats on beating it, though! This post is here to help anyone else that gets stuck in the same spot.

---

I've gotten through the postgame stuff, but I'm not quite sure what to do. Catch and raise more stuff? Start putting breeding rejects in Wonder Trade? More beans? Does anyone have any suggestions?

(I will NOT erase this save file, because I'm far too attached to a lot of my Pokemon)