Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

Your daily dose of Gamefaqs stupidity:

Not at all. Just annoyed with all the people who defend bad choices and act like they're actually good choices.

Aka "I'm annoyed that people have these things called opinions that are different from my own."

Anyways, from the overview trailer it seems like Zygarde does play a part in the game's story.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your daily dose of Gamefaqs stupidity:

Aka "I'm annoyed that people have these things called opinions that are different from my own."

Anyways, from the overview trailer it seems like Zygarde does play a part in the game's story.

So you have opinion about the others's opinion about the others's opinion? Such a high level of hypocrite you have there.

So you have opinion about the others's opinion about the others's opinion? Such a high level of hypocrite you have there.

Is my interpretation of that post an "opinion"?

They said they're tired of people "defending bad choices" when quality itself is subjective. Different people like different things- they're elevating their own opinion to factual level and criticizing those who disagree with them.

I fail to see how me pointing out a logical flaw in the statement of someone else makes me a hypocrite. Really, considering the broken grammar in the post and your posting a shitpost meme from the subreddit (please don't do that- fanart is another thing, but at least bother with spoiler tags), I'm not sure if I should even take you seriously or not.

Anyways, as for actual substance, Gamefreak and Nintendo just filed a trademark for Satoshi/Ash in Japan. Gamefreak and Nintendo. It's not tied to Ash Greninja, as the trademark makes no mention of a specific Pokemon.

Considering we've got the Battle Tree... .

Edited by The DanMan

Anyways, as for actual substance, Gamefreak and Nintendo just filed a trademark for Satoshi/Ash in Japan. Gamefreak and Nintendo. It's not tied to Ash Greninja, as the trademark makes no mention of a specific Pokemon.

If he were to show up, I'd make a team consisting only of all the Pokémon that have defeated him in the league.

If he were to show up, I'd make a team consisting only of all the Pokémon that have defeated him in the league.

Heh.

Guess the kinda made up for it with Red's Charizard somehow taking out 80% of Blue's Blastoise's HP with a Fire Blast in Origins. Pokemon anime, no matter if it's the main one or not, doesn't overly concern itself with the type chart or basic sense when battling.

Also: Amazon is holding a sale where all 3DS Pokemon titles are 20% off. This stacks with the Prime 20% off deal for videogames, meaning if you have Amazon Prime and preordered them you'll be paying $25.60 with free release day shipping. If you already preordered it, then don't worry- Amazon uses the lowest preorder price from between when you preordered and when the item ships.

I wouldn't be so sure that Ash will appear on the Battle Tree. It could be a game based on the anime.

Also, this wouldn't be the first time that an anime character appeared on the main games. The same thing happened on Black2/White2.

I wouldn't be so sure that Ash will appear on the Battle Tree. It could be a game based on the anime.

Also, this wouldn't be the first time that an anime character appeared on the main games. The same thing happened on Black2/White2.

...? Enlighten me. I skipped those games.

...? Enlighten me. I skipped those games.

B2W2 are my favorites in the series and the only thing I can think of is the download PWT tournament based on the anime's Unova league.

Glaceon Mage answered for me. It shows that putting a reference to the anime in the main games is not out of the question. There are also references to the anime in other games such as Gold/Sliver mentioning a pink Butterfree, a trainer in Mt. Battle in Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness and there are many trainers in Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum who are direct references to the Pokemon Movies, though the localized version missed those references.

Glaceon Mage answered for me. It shows that putting a reference to the anime in the main games is not out of the question. There are also references to the anime in other games such as Gold/Sliver mentioning a pink Butterfree, a trainer in Mt. Battle in Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness and there are many trainers in Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum who are direct references to the Pokemon Movies, though the localized version missed those references.

In BW2's defense, the PWT download was a major case of "you don't look like you" for the anime characters and wasn't base game to boot, which is why I myself was cautious about pointing it out.

Also: Amazon is holding a sale where all 3DS Pokemon titles are 20% off. This stacks with the Prime 20% off deal for videogames, meaning if you have Amazon Prime and preordered them you'll be paying $25.60 with free release day shipping. If you already preordered it, then don't worry- Amazon uses the lowest preorder price from between when you preordered and when the item ships.

That's a pretty good deal there. But, man, 100 USD per year is a low hit. If I were a Prime member I'll take it without a second thought. That's basically 75.000 COP, which is almost half the price in retails here (139.900 COP for reference), taxes and shipping from USA box to here sums up like 20 or 30 so it'd be a good deal.

We have title screens!

Sun

pokemonsun1.jpg

Moon

pokemonmoon1.jpg

Sun is looking pretty hot, I've got to admit.

Man, these title screens looks really good. Sun looks sexy but Moon is gorgeous. Still, Moon all the way. Edited by Quintessence

There was an Ace Trainer in DPPt who only has a Metagross and goes on about data. She was a reference to the girl from the Deoxys movie.

Yup, and her name in the japanese version was Hitomi, which is the same name as the character in the movie.

There are other examples, just north of the Resort Area there are two Ace Trainers, a male one with Dusclops and Salamance and a female one with Mightyena and Kirlia, their names in japanese are Butler and Diane which are the names of two major characters in the Jirachi movie. In the movie, the character Butler does have a Salamance, Dusclops, Kirlia and Mightyena. Butler is also a magician and the male Ace Trainer mentions making a show with Pokemon.

Also, in Route 220 there's a female Swimmer with a Buizel, Seaking and Medicham. Her name in japanese is Hiromi, which the same name as the main character from the Manaphy movie, the female Swimmer also mentions a water show, and Hiromi from the movie is part of a "Water Circus", said circus which uses Seaking, Buizel and Medicham in their shows.

It's definitely not a coincidence.

Meanwhile I'd much prefer Special cameos to anime ones, yet that almost never happens.

At least Special bothers creating new characters rather than forcing the same character through the same stuff over and over... doomed to an eternal cycle of resetting...

That's a pretty good deal there. But, man, 100 USD per year is a low hit. If I were a Prime member I'll take it without a second thought. That's basically 75.000 COP, which is almost half the price in retails here (139.900 COP for reference), taxes and shipping from USA box to here sums up like 20 or 30 so it'd be a good deal.

Man, these title screens looks really good. Sun looks sexy but Moon is gorgeous. Still, Moon all the way.

My Mom's been an Amazon shopper for a looong time, so I benefit from Prime.

I personally prefer Sun's titlescreen just from the still, but I'm Team Moon.

Meanwhile I'd much prefer Special cameos to anime ones, yet that almost never happens.

At least Special bothers creating new characters rather than forcing the same character through the same stuff over and over... doomed to an eternal cycle of resetting...

I think we get it by now.

At least the anime didn't have the Kanto gym badges somehow be one-of-a-kind mystical artifacts that cause the Legendary Birds to fuse into a bigger more powerful bird- being a massive big lipped alligator moment overall and quasi-predicting the Tao trio.

And to be real, Special (a) mostly uses interpretations of pre-existing characters and (b) just isn't that big (it has a cult following in the West, but in Japan a gag manga is "the Pokemon manga").

Edited by The DanMan

My Mom's been an Amazon shopper for a looong time, so I benefit from Prime.

I personally prefer Sun's titlescreen just from the still, but I'm Team Moon.

I think we get it by now.

At least the anime didn't have the Kanto gym badges somehow be one-of-a-kind mystical artifacts that cause the Legendary Birds to fuse into a bigger more powerful bird- being a massive big lipped alligator moment overall and quasi-predicting the Tao trio.

And to be real, Special (a) mostly uses interpretations of pre-existing characters and (b) just isn't that big (it has a cult following in the West, but in Japan a gag manga is "the Pokemon manga").

Yeah, I know Special has its problems, I'm more just bitter that the anime gets most of the non-game media pandering in the games.

Yeah, I know Special has its problems, I'm more just bitter that the anime gets most of the non-game media pandering in the games.

Well, the anime has more original stuff to draw from- Special sticks more to the games, but at the "expense" of using interpretations of pre-established characters (or at least designs). It would be much harder to work in a Special cameo without conflicting with the main games- the anime, on the other hand, keeps itself much more separate.