Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

I'll be trying to name them originally but end up naming them after Resident Evil and Devil May Cry characters just watch me.

According to the leaks that had the final evolution there are supposed to be more Kanto Pokemon with Alola variations. Like the Abra line and both Nidoking and Nidoqueen. Here's the post about it if anyone's curious. On my blog if you're wondering. Probably not but.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It needs some resistances. Maybe make it resist fairy and water.

I've seen water suggested a lot; makes sense, considering water resists ice. They're both pretty similar (ice as a form of water), so why it doesn't resist water is something of a mystery.

Edited by The DanMan

I've seen water suggested a lot; makes sense, considering water resists ice. They're both pretty similar (ice as a form of water), so why it doesn't resist water is something of a mystery.

I don't play that much Pokémon so I can't pretend to be knowledgeable enough about these things, but isn't Ice and Grass slightly underpowered? I feel as if though while Ice is great offensively, it's pretty much a liability for any dual typing, while Grass has huge flaws in both offense and defense.

I hope they buff Ice defensively somehow, at least.

Edited by Thane

My team:

Litten or Popplio depending if they messed up on Litten evolution or not

Icetales

Eevee > ???

I don't know for the rest.

My team:

Litten or Popplio depending if they messed up on Litten evolution or not

Icetales

Eevee > ???

I don't know for the rest.

There's a leak that came before the recent video that has some credibility since it looks like it features Mallow.

[spoiler=Potential spoiler and potentially fake]c33.jpg

I don't play that much Pokémon so I can't pretend to be knowledgeable enough about these things, but isn't Ice and Grass slightly underpowered? I feel as if though while Ice is great offensively, it's pretty much a liability for any dual typing, while Grass has huge flaws in both offense and defense.

Grass has some things going for it, it's immune to powder-based moves and Leech Seed, and a resistance to the common Earthquake.

Ice is just bad, having four weaknesses and only resisting itself.

Ice has exactly one resistance, so yeah it's a liability. Water is probably the only type that doesn't get massively hindered by dual ice typing. Grass is much better in general, but that can be said about most types that aren't ice.

Edited by DavidSW

You kids naming your Pokemon after cartoon characters, I'll be naming mine after weapons!!!!

I'm 25, not a child, thank you. And there's nothing wrong with naming your Pokemon after cartoons...

Also, I still believe that that leak is real now because of Mallow appearing in it. But if I'm wrong, well, I'll be quite surprised, but admit to it. xP

Edited by Anacybele

There's a leak that came before the recent video that has some credibility since it looks like it features Mallow.

[spoiler=Potential spoiler and potentially fake]c33.jpg

I knew about these leaks and that's exactly what I meant by messing his evolution. Like a lot of people, I'm quite tired of having every single fire type starter on 2 legs (Typhlosion doesn't count since it always stay on 2 legs and only goes on 4 legs for attacking).

Grass has some things going for it, it's immune to powder-based moves and Leech Seed, and a resistance to the common Earthquake.

Ice is just bad, having four weaknesses and only resisting itself.

I still don't know why Ice is not super effective against Water or even immune to it. Maybe because it's water itself? But that would not hurt to give Ice a buff or 2.

Edited by Nym

Water also needs nerfed, imo. Because right now it seems much better competitively than Fire and Grass, and shouldn't the starter types be pretty balanced?

It's not the Water the problem: it's the other two. Grass has way more weakness than water, they aren't immune to their own attack (except powders and leech seed) while a lot of water type pokémon have water absorb. Fire pokémon, in general, are glass cannon, only a few are bulky.

I really hope Mega Evos don't get cut. I don't want Mawile going back to Low Tier after finally being usable competitively.

Actually, it would be better if they actually FIX the pokémon before giving a mega.

Edited by Nym

It's not the Water the problem: it's the other two. Grass has way more weakness than water, they aren't immune to their own attack (except powders and leech seed) while a lot of water type pokémon have water absorb. Fire Pokémons, in general, are glass cannon, only a few are bulky.

Sorry, but I feel Water is the problem since I see people say it's one of the best or the best type in the game. And I can agree that it is. It only has two weaknesses, some are part Ground giving them just ONE weakness, and there are a lot of good offensive Water type moves. This is coming from someone that personally dislikes the type, so there's no bias.

However, it also wouldn't hurt for Fire and Grass to get buffed as well.

Also, Pokemon never has an S on the end. It's Pokemon for both singular and plural variations, just to point out.

Edited by Anacybele

I've lost almost all my hope of that Litten evo being fake, but there's some rumors/leaks on Bulbagarden about the starter evos having alternate forms.

I really wish this insult to cats known as Litten's leaked Evo turns out to be a fake though.

Yeah, I can understand you there, Glac. I hate that Litten evo as much as you do. Though, I think I understand where GameFreak was trying to go with it. Pretty much all the other cats in Pokemon are kinda feminine. They probably wanted a more masculine feline for a change. Though that's still no excuse not to at least make it quadrupedal.

Trust me, no one hates that Litten evo more than me.

I still don't know why Ice is not super effective against Water or even immune to it. Maybe because it's water itself? But that would not hurt to give Ice a buff or 2.

There's a move called Freeze-Dry, I think? It's an Ice type move super effective against water types. So it's at least something.

Sorry, but I feel Water is the problem since I see people say it's one of the best or the best type in the game. And I can agree that it is. It only has two weaknesses, some are part Ground giving them just ONE weakness, and there are a lot of good offensive Water type moves. This is coming from someone that personally dislikes the type, so there's no bias.

However, it also wouldn't hurt for Fire and Grass to get buffed as well.

Also, Pokemon never has an S on the end. It's Pokemon for both singular and plural variations, just to point out.

Yea, I think the only thing that water types don't have is utility, there's only scald, water pulse, bubble and bubblebeam that can give status (only 2 are actually used).

Yea big sorry about that, French got me so used to add a s after almost every plural xD.

I've lost almost all my hope of that Litten evo being fake, but there's some rumors/leaks on Bulbagarden about the starter evos having alternate forms.

I really wish this insult to cats known as Litten's leaked Evo turns out to be a fake though.

Can someone give you a medal or a cookie or both.

Trust me, no one hates that Litten evo more than me.

There's a move called Freeze-Dry, I think? It's an Ice type move super effective against water types. So it's at least something.

I think this is just adding salt to the wound, if you ask me.

Wow. I actually like the Litten evo. The concept of it being a Heel is cool. >.>

I'll be trying to name them originally but end up naming them after Resident Evil and Devil May Cry characters just watch me.

According to the leaks that had the final evolution there are supposed to be more Kanto Pokemon with Alola variations. Like the Abra line and both Nidoking and Nidoqueen. Here's the post about it if anyone's curious. On my blog if you're wondering. Probably not but.

I want to get an Absol and name it Nero. I know how you feel.

Water is a bullshit type to be honest. Its my favorite type but lets be real here

One of the best offensive type especially because Ground is actually the best defensive type(Steel is actually worse than ground because of its weakness being much more significant), one of the best defensive type, power move option and reliable move option, had both Physical and Special move,

This type completely dominated competitive game and this is before they created that Bullshit move called Scald which basically one shot your mon 30% of the time because Burn can turn your mon worthless

Grass is a bad typing because its one of the best typing moveset in the game. It had every offensive options imaginable, and had utility move in Sleep Powder

Edited by JSND

Yeah Ice need a buff defensively.

One of the biggest issue with the typing is the whole fact about how most of Ice type target are ones that get one shot due to 4x weakness, making STAB not that relevant

Another is the fact that the way GF did the typing is poorly designed. Its kinda like the Rock Ground syndrome

Rock/Ground is a type combination that fits pokemon with fast, offensive spread. Instead we keep getting Defensive Tanky Rock/Ground because Gamefreak thinks its funny

Same with Ice type, we keep getting Walreins, and that freaking Ice table when we could have got Weavile

But then again Weavile is good now because Knock Off is broken

Edited by JSND

Yeah, I can understand you there, Glac. I hate that Litten evo as much as you do. Though, I think I understand where GameFreak was trying to go with it. Pretty much all the other cats in Pokemon are kinda feminine. They probably wanted a more masculine feline for a change. Though that's still no excuse not to at least make it quadrupedal.

They could have made it mansculine while still making it catlike, tbh. That thing doesn't really look like a cat, even though some big cats are very strong. A slim, quadruped Fire/Poison or Fire/Dark Tiger (to keep with the Chinese Zodiac theme) would have been really cool while not looking too feminine.

Can someone give you a medal or a cookie or both.

I'll take the cookie.

(which part of the post were you referring to?)

Also, Ice got also outclassed by Fairy, having only 2 weakness AND being immune to dragon.

This is really sad because I prefer Glaceon over Sylveon but Sylveon is so popular right now (5th on the popularity pool, the anime and Pixilate Hyper voice really helped it).

(which part of the post were you referring to?)

Everything actually.