Time of Day in the Game: Like or Dislike?

SaMaster14

Hey guys, I'm wondering what your thoughts are on how the time of day in "My Castle" works in Fates.

It seems as though it is set up that there are 4 times of day (dawn, day, dusk, night basically), and different things can happen in the castle at different times. The time of day cycles through the four changing every time you "Go Out"

I personally don't love the way this works. I would definitely like it more if the game picked up on the actual time where you are, and had the times of day match accordingly (dawn/morning: 5am-10am, day: 10am-4pm, dusk/evening: 4pm-9pm, night:9pm-5am or something of the sort). I can understand that it may frustrate players who can't play during certain times of the day, but it would make the game more fluid imo.

Thoughts?

I like it a lot. It creates beautiful vistas

Like this one:

152e4ba4060757f9c2cabd0cf9b0e0b1.png

I vastly prefer it not working on real time, though.

That is true. And it does make it easier/quicker to change times of day when it changes every time you go out.

I do still think it would be cool to have it match the actual time of day. Especially since playing at night, the darker screen is easier on the eyes. And the brighter day screen is easier to see during the daytime. But I can see how the current set up makes sense.

Btw, how do you take a screenshot? Do you have to go through Miiverse?

Edited by SaMaster14

Well, if the game would use the 3DS clock, you could cheat by simple changing the time.

True, but the way it is now, it's easy to 'cheat' the time. Just go scout a few times and do challenges and you'll be right back where you want to be (if playing birthright, i hear conquest doesn't allow scouting/challenges?)

Plus, there isn't much that is time sensitive aside from lottery, fish, and the jade spring, right?

I don't think that a real time night / day cycle would work unless there was a valid reason for the game to be continued on a single file long term. On one hand, perhaps there is if someone sets up a file for long term pvp. (Someone more experienced here could chime in, as this is not something I know a lot about.) On the other hand, for someone playing the story, this would make certain aspects of the game, like bonding with people at your home, much more difficult.

That is true. And it does make it easier/quicker to change times of day when it changes every time you go out.

I do still think it would be cool to have it match the actual time of day. Especially since playing at night, the darker screen is easier on the eyes. And the brighter day screen is easier to see during the daytime. But I can see how the current set up makes sense.

Btw, how do you take a screenshot? Do you have to go through Miiverse?

Miiverse.

I don't think that a real time night / day cycle would work unless there was a valid reason for the game to be continued on a single file long term. On one hand, perhaps there is if someone sets up a file for long term pvp. (Someone more experienced here could chime in, as this is not something I know a lot about.) On the other hand, for someone playing the story, this would make certain aspects of the game, like bonding with people at your home, much more difficult.

Definitely. I really agree with this.

I prefer that it's a different time every time you go in and out.

I would hate it if my castle was usually stuck on nighttime because I tend to have the most time to play late at night.

I personally love the time of day system. I like how if I go out, the time will change, and it honestly lets you do a whole lot more than a real-time system, which could get rather annoying.

So I totally side with this current system, I love it.