Skills in Guard Stance

Butterfly Pink

Do we know what skills still work while supporting another unit in Guard Stance? I was wondering if things like Malefic Aura, for example, worked in the interest of designing support-oriented units.

I've read that such skills don't work in Guard Stance this time around...

There is an ability the Nohr Noble class gives that allows them to use attack skills their partner has access to, but I don't think the support ones work when they are in the back of a pair up.

I've been wondering this, myself. It looks like they very purposefully tried to nerf several skills both in attack and guard stance by altering the wording. "When user triggers the battle" has mostly replaced things like "during the user’s Turn", for instance, which I would assume means the supporting unit no longer has these skills in effect (RIP Aggressor and Certain Blow for 'Zerker supports).

I've been wondering this, myself. It looks like they very purposefully tried to nerf several skills both in attack and guard stance by altering the wording. "When user triggers the battle" has mostly replaced things like "during the user’s Turn", for instance, which I would assume means the supporting unit no longer has these skills in effect (RIP Aggressor and Certain Blow for 'Zerker supports).

To my knowledge, Aggressor, Quick Draw, works in attack stance, but these apply only to the unit they are on

Hinata's katana actually doubles its might even for the supporting unit when attacking, so there's a chance skills do that as well. However, their bonuses would be applied before halving the damage.

Next time I play Hoshido I should try seeing if the Venge Katana's effect still works in a support role in attack stance as well.

For the lead unit, but do they work for the supporting unit, since that unit isn't the one that triggers the attack? I'm thinking no, but if I'm wrong then it's still an insane setup.

Supporting units in attack stance still trigger their Aggressor, Quick Draw, etc.

They just can't trigger Lethality, Aether, Astra, etc, though they can still crit, for what it's worth.

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

If using Nohrian Trust skill to access your Guard Stance partner's skills, they only activate the "Trigger" skills that have a chance of happening *in combat*.

So if you had Profiteer on your Guard Stance secondary character, that would not trigger, but Sol would, because it triggers *in combat* vs. just moving around like Profiteer.

That said, I use Felicia as my A rated support character for my Avatar, and she carries around Sol, Rend Heaven, Lethality, Astra, and Pavise so if I have Nohrian Trust on my Avatar she can use all of those skills when attacking or defending. It's pretty amazing but took a long time to collect 5 triggered combat skills via My Castle.