PAPER MARIO: COLOR SPLASH

Anacybele

THE RUMOR WAS TRUE THE RUMOR WAS TRUE THE RUMOR WAS TRUE

I'm so happy! AND it has a theme I can dig! I love something about colors! And this reminds me of that one Powerpuff Girls episode where Townsville was getting drained of its color. This game also looks like Mario gets partners akin to the pixls from Super Paper Mario, which I like!

Anyone else looking forward to this? :D

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping the battle system isn't too much like Sticker Star's but the preview isn't too encouraging...

On the bright side, Prism Island's plaza reminds me of Rogueport's if the Thousand Year Door's pedestal was pasted back on the surface.

It looks amazing. I adored Sticker Star and this looks similar yet different. It's great.

Edit: also lol this game will not bomb and sticker star was fun

Edited by Ms. Andrews

Edit: also lol this game will not bomb and sticker star was fun

Hi there minority opinion

I've never played Sticker Star, I just heard that it was bad... So I don't know.

Ms. Andrews is the only person I've encountered that liked the game.

Hi there minority opinion

Ms. Andrews is the only person I've encountered that liked the game.

Just ignore Ms. Andrews, he tries to force his opinions down our throats and say they're right and we're wrong.

this title is everything I like about Paper Mario

Colorful, stylized, pretty, Mario and Peach are front and center, battles are against fun and tradition enemies, world based puzzles, and most importantly no annoying partners.

It'll be the bomb if there's no Fawful/Dimentio-esque villain. I can't fathom how characters so random can even be written.

If its another sticker star then it might mean Nintendo truly is no longer interested in a real Paper Mario game anymore. That's a shame because so many people have made clear that they very much want a Paper Mario game. There is a clear market so I'm not sure why Nintendo just doesn't go for it.

Well, maybe they think two Mario rpg's are to much, especially now Xenoblade and Bravely default are becoming big Nintendo rpg's. Perhaps they just want to keep one rpg and one series they can just faff around with. The paper aspect of Paper Mario unfortunately lends the series quite good for faffing around.

I still feel like Sticker Star gets a disproportionate amount of hate. I understand that people think it doesn't live up to the first few games in the series, but that's no reason to treat it similarly to, like, Sonic 06 or Sonic Boom or something. It's not that bad.

I, for one, really liked Sticker Star and I think this new game looks gorgeous.

#unpopularopinion #dontkillmeplease

this title is everything I like about Paper Mario

Colorful, stylized, pretty, Mario and Peach are front and center, battles are against fun and tradition enemies, world based puzzles, and most importantly no annoying partners.

It'll be the bomb if there's no Fawful/Dimentio-esque villain. I can't fathom how characters so random can even be written.

But don't you have all those things in every other Mario already? Paper Mario tried to do something special which the other Mario games didn't and if they take that away then the fans who appreciated that are left with pretty much nothing to fill that niche.

From someone who has never played a PM game, I think the paint thing seems kind of interesting.

I'm not sure what to think of the battle system.

I can't say that the trailer has made me excited for the game. But maybe the trailer isn't doing it justice? I don't know.

Edited by DarkDestr0yer61

But don't you have all those things in every other Mario already? Paper Mario tried to do something special which the other Mario games didn't and if they take that away then the fans who appreciated that are left with pretty much nothing to fill that niche.

Mario and Luigi? I disliked M&L for all the same reasons I dislike TTYD. It shares plenty in common.

I'd also say that no, you can't get that from just any Mario game. IntSys has a particular writing style that shined through in humor like with Wiggler's Scrapbook or the Things Dealer Toad. The settings were super fun and followed the style that I love from Mario.

Well, I thought SPM and TTYD had great writing and humor too. Same with the M&L games.

The antagonists single handedly ruined those games for me tbh.

All of them are annoying and loud. They all follow the same tropes and random humor. Dimentio and Fawful especially fell into that trope.

Paper Jam has Bowsers, Kameks, Juniors, and the Koopalings, so I adore it. That's the style I enjoy. Nobody beats the King after all.

What? I disagree entirely. Okay, I don't know anything of Fawful since I didn't play the game he's in. And Dimentio WAS fairly uninteresting. But Count Bleck was great. He was deep and interesting and his and Tippi's story gave me feels.

I enjoyed Paper Jam. But I admit that I wish it had more of a story and different characters like TTYD and SPM and past M&L games.

Edited by Anacybele

I still feel like Sticker Star gets a disproportionate amount of hate. I understand that people think it doesn't live up to the first few games in the series, but that's no reason to treat it similarly to, like, Sonic 06 or Sonic Boom or something. It's not that bad.

I, for one, really liked Sticker Star and I think this new game looks gorgeous.

#unpopularopinion #dontkillmeplease

I agree to some extend but I also think Sticker star doesn't stand on its own. Its only natural to compare it to its older brethren when it shares the name yet refuses to live up to it.

There is also the fact that most of the things that made Sticker Star fail as a paper Mario were deliberate choices that showed a lack of understanding or even a lack of respect to the Paper Mario series. The thought behind it seemed to be ''Lets make a Paper Mario game but less like Paper Mario''

I agree to some extend but I also think Sticker star doesn't stand on its own. Its only natural to compare it to its older brethren when it shares the name yet refuses to live up to it.

There is also the fact that most of the things that made Sticker Star fail as a paper Mario were deliberate choices that showed a lack of understanding or even a lack of respect to the Paper Mario series. The thought behind it seemed to be ''Lets make a Paper Mario game but less like Paper Mario''

Original screenshots showed EXP and partners before Miyamoto came in and made an executive order, forcing them to change the game to what we got. Which was pretty lame.

Edited by Jedi

Original screenshots showed EXP and partners before Miyamoto came in and made an executive order, forcing them to change the game to what we got. Which was pretty lame.

I heard they tried to make a successor to THRD but Miyamoto shot it down and gave the ''suggestions'' that would turn the game into sticker star.

I hope that Miyamoto had NO influence on this one. Hopefully there are new characters and the return of recipes in this one or I'm hanging myself tonight.

CcqIoFIUAAATLOx.jpg

Brought to you by Cobermani, I think this sums up my reaction.

Edited by kirby9612

Well, I don't think EXP ever did much. Doing the same thing through items, like Sticker Star did, is great and incentivises exploration.

As for partners, this is more of a personal opinion, but I always thought they were done awkwardly. They're ok in the field, but in battle they just feel unnecessary to me. It's probably because battles are so heavily skewed in Mario's favour in terms of variety - Mario gets EXP, badges, jump and hammer attacks, star power and star power attacks. He's also the one who mainly takes damage and the one who blocks. All partners get is a few upgrades which give them one more move.

In battle, partners feel a little tacked on, like "oh, we have these guys who do cool things in the field, we should probably have them do something in battle as well."