Conquest - How to Trigger More Criticals?

semolinaro

Criticals are flawless in this game. I like them more than the fact that they almost always guarantee a kill, I just love the 'ZING' sound plus an awesome character quote, then a swift animation and your enemy knocked back dead. UH IT'S BEAUTIFUL.

But in Conquest, I barely EVER get criticals and the trigger rates are always so low. How can I bump those up? Killer weapons are hard to come by and afford, and forging doesn't seem to up the critical rates. Any ideas on this?

Criticals are flawless in this game. I like them more than the fact that they almost always guarantee a kill, I just love the 'ZING' sound plus an awesome character quote, then a swift animation and your enemy knocked back dead. UH IT'S BEAUTIFUL.

But in Conquest, I barely EVER get criticals and the trigger rates are always so low. How can I bump those up? Killer weapons are hard to come by and afford, and forging doesn't seem to up the critical rates. Any ideas on this?

The named weapons (Yato, Siegfried and Brynhildr or however the last one is spelt) have okay-ish crit rates, but for the most part you will lack critical chances.

There may be some skills that help increase it, and forging DOES increase crit rates. ....At like +4 through +7, and only in total to like 10ish points (+6 has a 10 Crit rating for something that started with 0) between all of them. It's expensive.

Edited by Fallaner

There are the Killer weapons in the armory, although they are expensive and lower avo, you do get a killer bow via Shura at least.

The Berserker class does get a innate crit bonus too.

- Use Arthur (15% reduction in critical evade for nearby enemy units)

- Use a Killer weapon (forgot the exact crit bonus, but it's nontrivial)

- If you can rename weapons (dunno if this works with Killers), trigger Odin's personal skill. . .as a Swordmaster.

Have fun~!

Edited by eclipse

Arthur as a Berserker is great for criticals. His personal+Killer Axe+Berserker Crit Bonus+High skill+Gamble made me have him at around 60-75% crit.

Laslow is also pretty good at criticals with his absurdly high skill. A+ Keaton gives him gamble (he'll probably still have 95-100% hit on enemies), and a Killing Edge had him around 40-45% crit for me. Having him as a Hero and A+ Keaton means he wouldn't have to even switch out of his class since he would just naturally get Fighter skills. It makes getting Gamble (and HP+5) painless.

Edited by Pretty Cool Guy

Are we forgetting Sorcerers? Tsk tsk. Give Ophelia a Mjolnir (+25 crit) (+10 crit Sorcerer class bonus) (+10 crit personal skill) (+Skill stat bonus) and she'll be blowing a lot of things up.