What's your opinion on Azura?

semolinaro

I wasn't serious, I was poking fun at how pretend-crazy you can get whatever insults Azura. I still laugh whenever I remember that post on the joke thread where you pretended to threaten MCSProductions for calling your waifu shit. In trope-speak, it crossed the line twice.

The Nave Seal copypasta? Yeah, that one's so exploitable.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to like her, I really do, but damn she makes it hard for me.

tbf tho, I DID like her in Conquest/Birthright somewhat even if not much, but I started to hate her in Revelations.

[spoiler=earlygame Revelations spoilers]Where she info dumps a bunch of shit on Corrin that she should of revealed in at least Conquest, if not also Birthright

Her design reminds me of Ninian, which isn't exactly a good thing tbh.

Despite really disliking her, I'll give credit where credit is due, and will say I adored her support with Niles. AzuraxNiles OTP

Edited by MCProductions

I want to like her, I really do, but damn she makes it hard for me.

tbf tho, I DID like her in Conquest/Birthright somewhat even if not much, but I started to hate her in Revelations.

[spoiler=earlygame Revelations spoilers]Where she info dumps a bunch of shit on Corrin that she should of revealed in at least Conquest, if not also Birthright

Her design reminds me of Ninian, which isn't exactly a good thing tbh.

Despite really disliking her, I'll give credit where credit is due, and will say I adored her support with Niles. AzuraxNiles OTP

Her not revealing it on Birthright is justified, since they never visit Valla and she assumes she's the only one who can go through the lake. On Conquest, yeah, she should have, but Conquest's writing makes everyone idiots, so I don't hold it against her anymore than I hold Xander's actions on that route against him as a whole.

Edited by Abvora

Her not revealing it on Birthright is justified, since they never visit Valla and she assumes she's the only one who can go through the lake. On Conquest, yeah, she should have, but Conquest's writing makes everyone idiots.

Nohr must have lead in the water or something.

I like her more than Kamui, but that isn't really saying much!

Aqua's a character who had a lot of potential, but did not live up to that potential. I would've loved to see her as more of a foil to Kamui. I would've loved to see her interacting with the Hoshidan and Nohrian siblings more, seeing them as her siblings like how Kamui does. I would've liked her to sort of demonstrate more of a stance of her own than just following Kamui. Alas.

Her not revealing it on Birthright is justified, since they never visit Valla and she assumes she's the only one who can go through the lake. On Conquest, yeah, she should have, but Conquest's writing is shoddy in general.

Not really, seeing as Conquest and Revelations both show it isn't hard at all to get someone into Valla. Hell, she gets Corrin into Valla in Conquest by complete fucking accident, so you mean to tell me she couldn't just trick someone into the country, and then tell them whats going on

Edited by MCProductions

Not really, seeing as Conquest and Revelations both show it isn't hard at all to get someone into Valla. Hell, she gets Corrin into Valla in Conquest by complete fucking accident, so you mean to tell me she couldn't just trick someone into the country, and then tell them whats going on

There are exactly two ways to get into Valla: through the lake, which she flat-out says only she and Corrin can do (and she doesn't even know Corrin can do it at first), and by jumping into the Bottomless Canyon, which the siblings are leery on even when Corrin's the one asking them to do it. And that was when there was a truce and they weren't needed on the front lines of the war. So yes, she had no way of getting them there.

Edited by Abvora

There are exactly two ways to get into Valla: through the lake, which she flat-out says only she and Corrin can do (and she doesn't even know Corrin can do it at first), and by jumping into the Bottomless Canyon, which the siblings are leery on even when Corrin's the one asking them to do it when the war is at a truce and not still going on. So yes, she had no way of getting them there.

Literally get one to the Bottomless canyon, preferably Ryoma but most likely Hinoka or Takumi, to the Bottomless Canyon, push him or her off the bridge, jump off of the bridge yourself, then tell them.

Literally get one to the Bottomless canyon, preferably Ryoma but most likely Hinoka or Takumi, to the Bottomless Canyon, push him or her off the bridge, jump off of the bridge yourself, then tell them.

Except the timeline means that couldn't happen. Let's have a look at it:

1) Ryoma and Takumi go missing, they naturally go look for them.

2) They find Takumi and learn where Ryoma is, so they go grab him.

3) Literally as soon as they do this, Ryoma comes up with a plan to invade Nohr, which they implement immediately.

4) They invade Nohr and beeline to the capitol, with only a brief stop to the Rainbow Sage along the way.

Where, exactly, in that timeline could they have made a detour to the Bottomless Canyon? Every sequence leads directly into the next, with no time off for side trips (short of the Rainbow Sage, which is done via teleportation). Also remember that time is of the essence--the longer it takes them to defeat Garon, the more likely it is they lose the war, as they're receiving war reports from Yukimura talking about how Hoshido is constantly being pushed back. So it's unlikely any would be willing to entertain the idea of taking detours and prolonging the war, and she had no chance of forcing them to the Bottomless Canyon when they're surrounded by dozens of soldiers whose top priority is protecting them and some of whom are already suspicious of her.

You could make a case for before they get Ryoma and Takumi, but who would have listened to her? Corrin and Sakura wanted to rescue their brothers as soon as possible and again, there's absolutely no way she could have forced them there by herself, nor persuaded them to make a tiny stop by the Nohrian border--and she herself wanted to go rescue them to, as is natural for an adopted sibling. There was no lull in the timeline for her to get them to the Bottomless Canyon.

Additionally, pushing someone off a bridge doesn't seem like a good way to get them to listen to you.

Edited by Abvora

I can't help but think her plan in Conquest/Birthright was to have her side win the war and then go after Anankos. But then she died, so...

It makes sense to me. At the very least she clearly wasn't expecting to die on Conquest, as she didn't have to constantly use her powers.

My comparison to Cersei was obvious in that if that character was devoid of the things that made her so horrible, she'd basically be Camilla. Or did you lot completely miss that point of my post? Looks like you did. Ill eat my fucking helm if the writers didnt have GoT on the brain when fleshing out Nohr.

So basically if Cersei was a different character entirely she would be like Camilla.

Alright.

One could argue on Corrin and Azura being related one way or another, even if not siblings by brother-sister, they are blood-relatives. Mikoto (Corrin's real Mother) being sisters with Arete (Azura's real mother). Corrin mostly shines as he's the actual protagonist of the game (in all three routes), Azura is a supporting protagonist so she's mostly left to fill in the gaps in the story. Keep in mind that this was the opposite in Awakening if Robin was Female, Robin was the filler while Chrom was the lead protagonist. I do agree though, the developers did ruin a good amount of Azura's potential in the game in some ways but at least she has some good development outside of dialogues.

Besides Shigure... best character in the entire game

One of the best characters in the game, fantastic growths (for me at least, much better than his Mother's), well balanced personality, can kick enemies butts if need be (overdid that part with the way I phrased it) and can chat nice and peacefully if not in battle.

I like Azura, but she's not perfect. I like her design as well as her supports, and I like how she is in Birthright. In Conquest, I liked the family reunion in Chapter 16, but I dislike how you suddenly drop into (As I have not played Revelation; I'm just going to call it mystery world), and afterwards she tells you that you must kill Garon because he's possessed, but she doesn't tell you how she really learned that or anything of the sort (or how she got the orb you use to see Garon's true nature). Her mysteriousness could have been part of what made her a good character, but I feel they overdid her mysterious nature in certain parts of the main plot. It was reasonably understandable in Birthright, but it is a bit too much in Conquest. I have yet to play Revelation, so I can't give a complete review.

Overall, I would give Azura a 9.5/10 in Birthright, an 8/10 in Conquest, and a 9/10 average. Would be a complete 10/10 if her mysterious nature was dialed down a little bit.

I liked Azura in Birthright but in Conquest I didn't really care for her role. Her design is pretty though.

My main thoughts about Azura overall in any route is, 'Just expand her role and potential than what it is'. Protagonists should have a pretty expansive role and a lot of potential that isn't ruined due to game purposes.

I like Azura, but she's not perfect. I like her design as well as her supports, and I like how she is in Birthright. In Conquest, I liked the family reunion in Chapter 16, but I dislike how you suddenly drop into (As I have not played Revelation; I'm just going to call it mystery world), and afterwards she tells you that you must kill Garon because he's possessed, but she doesn't tell you how she really learned that or anything of the sort (or how she got the orb you use to see Garon's true nature). Her mysteriousness could have been part of what made her a good character, but I feel they overdid her mysterious nature in certain parts of the main plot. It was reasonably understandable in Birthright, but it is a bit too much in Conquest. I have yet to play Revelation, so I can't give a complete review.

Overall, I would give Azura a 9.5/10 in Birthright, an 8/10 in Conquest, and a 9/10 average. Would be a complete 10/10 if her mysterious nature was dialed down a little bit.

In Revelations, Azura reveals more of her nature and history than in Birthright and Conquest. Not by much but still by quite a lot.

Her mysteriousness gets deconstructed a bit in her supports--she wants to have friends, but she has trust issues, so she keeps herself reserved from other people--that's why she's "mysterious". Unfortunately, it just makes them distrust her, which makes it harder for her to open up, which makes them even more prone to distrust, and so on.