Will There Be A Mod/Hack For This Game?

And none of the alterations are actually meaningful to either gameplay or story. The best people can find are modifications to costumes (which are just fluff when you get down to it), one cheesecake DLC (possibly), and the standard dialogue localizations. This is what I mean by people not picking their fights properly.

And none of the alterations are actually meaningful to either gameplay or story. The best people can find are modifications to costumes (which are just fluff when you get down to it), one cheesecake DLC (possibly), and the standard dialogue localizations. This is what I mean by people not picking their fights properly.

IIRC Chapter 2 was about a creepy-as-fuck photographer. However, with the changes, the story kind of loses its oomph, and he's turned into a generic villain with a fixation on Maiko.

I don't really mind most of the changes to the costumes, though. . .except that Chapter 2 one, which STILL creeps me out for entirely different reasons.

Kiria's outfit was changed - they didn't photoshop different colors onto her character model like Tsubasa's wedding dress (which is totally ugh, it looks terrible and so obvious). It's pretty clear with Kiria that they actually redesigned part of her character model, gave her pants that don't at all look out of place unlike other localization-specific changes. I think the pants look cool - I always thought the original outfit looked kind of stupid, just the boots with only underwear looked weird. But everyone's gonna look at it differently.

On that subject, you said earlier how developers shouldn't show content in advance that will obviously be changed later. That's a rather unreasonable request - I'm pretty sure they did not show Kiria's original concert outfit, while at the time of showing it think "yeah we're totally adding pants later we just haven't gotten to it yet." A lot of work goes into designing these character models, and even simply putting pants on her is not as simple a task as the final product looks. I'm sure something happened after that trailer that they ended up either needing to change it (which could have been to achieve a desired age rating - this happens a ton of time with game development, or because of certain internal issues we'll never know about), or creative discussions among the staff ended up changing her outfit out of an artistic choice because they liked that better than the original design (not to mention Kiria's concert outfit probably went through dozens of design drafts and partial character models before that reveal trailer). These things happen CONSTANTLY in games before they're released. Just look at Twilight Princess's reveal trailer. Tons of stuff there that never made it into the final game.

And that's the rub with pre-release trailers and demos. The developers are trying to give people an honest look at what their game will be, but the development process is an ever-changing monstrosity that is hard to fathom unless you've been in the midst of it. Heck, I still look at the Twilight Princess reveal trailer and wistfully think on what could have been. And there are often artistic choices where I feel similar to you - I liked what they showed off earlier more than what the final product had. So I get the sentiment of "I liked this better, why did they change it?" but please don't take that to "they should never show off something in a pre-release trailer if it is going to be changed in the final product." Developers don't have the gift of future-sight or a time machine. They often do their best to show an honest representation of their game, and yet the sheer amount of times that pre-release trailers don't perfectly match the final product should make it abundantly clear that there are a huge amount of unforeseen complications that come up through the entire course of game development.

But I am with you on localization-specific changes - I do not feel they should have changed any of the outfits from the Japanese release. It's not like Westerners can't handle those outfits, and even the most risque of the ones in the Japanese release are fairly tame overall. It's a nonsensical localization choice that no one can justify.

Kiria was always planned to have that outfit based on story boards that have started circling around the internet. This is made even more obvious when the costume is still seen (uncensored) in one of the cutscenes in the game, as well as her concert CG having very noticeable panty lines and one of the pre-order bonus items being changed along with that Tsubasa towel(?) that had to be changed for supposedly showing off too much skin. For whatever reason the design was okay for the initial reveal and E3 2015, but for whatever reason they did a complete 360, 7 months before launching in Japan.

Also can we stop using the age rating as a reason/basis for any of these changes? I understand that the majority of the people picking up TMS #FE probably haven't played any mainline SMT or Persona game, but it's really not an argument considering most of those games have content a lot worse than #FE and are only given an M rating due to Mara's inclusion and violence/blood and gore.

And to address you're really long point about Twilight Princess and developers showing off content early, I'm just going to point towards Final Fantasy Vs. XIII/Final Fantasy XV and the way Square Enix handles the majority of their announcements. For Nintendo this is a very uncommon business practice and it is very rare for them to announce a game without a release date in the next couple of months or at least within a year. In fact the only time I can think of Nintendo announcing a game early and the content continued changing is Twilight Princess. However I would attribute that to Miyamoto constantly upending the tea table and the original Wii's release.

IIRC Chapter 2 was about a creepy-as-fuck photographer. However, with the changes, the story kind of loses its oomph, and he's turned into a generic villain with a fixation on Maiko.

I don't really mind most of the changes to the costumes, though. . .except that Chapter 2 one, which STILL creeps me out for entirely different reasons.

Thing is, if you know Japanese, you still get the full on creepy factor from the discrepancy of what they say and what the English text is showing.

Granted, a few lines were changed... but they are REALLY out of place when you're hearing s flow in Japanese.

But it does take away a part of the game that it should be of Persona. Look at Rise in Persona 4 which she wasn't butchered in. I suggest getting Hyper Dimension Neptunia if your tired of Nintendo butchering puberty. I can't see men in shorts. Why, Nintendo?

Edited by PuffPuff

But it does take away a part of the game that it should be of Persona. Look at Rise in Persona 4 which she wasn't butchered in. I suggest getting Hyper Dimension Neptunia if your tired of Nintendo butchering puberty. I can't see men in shorts. Why, Nintendo?

Rise's was different as her issues had her feeling like she was just eye candy for people to leer at and that she was worthless and empty as a human being. With Horinozawa the message gets through regardless if it was bikini or fashion models as it's about him

feeling washed up because he can't find his muse and thus he projects his ideals onto women who can't argue, up to abducting Maiko.

The only change is there's a lot less fanservice. As they say, context is everything.