Skills

What's your favorite skill in the entire game?

Beyond that, who do you find has the most useful natural skills (as in they come equipped and therefore don't take any of your points)?

I'm just curious as to what you guys think.

My thoughts are that Resolve is the single best ability in the game. (What's that? You got Tauroneo down to 50% health? Huh, now he's got 50 strength and defense and 40 speed.) The two people that have it default are also pretty damn good.

I'd have to give Adept the #2 spot. It makes slow units viable while they are trying to catch up to speed and makes fast units even better. Give it to Micaiah or Sanaki after they get up there in levels to watch them make stuff utterly explode.

Honorable mentions: White Pool (oh how I wish Nasir was usable for more than two maps), Imbue (OH NO ELINCIA GOT HURT DOWN TO 2 LIFE oh wait she just regenerated 24 HP on my turn hurk hurk), Provoke (Attack this guy, AI, please. Oh you did, thanks.)

Dishonorable mention: Renewal (outside of Sacrifice Abuse with Micaiah, it's near useless), any mastery skill (Oh look, it offers all these neat benefits that you never actually get to see because they are always dead afterwards anyway. I wish you could take them off because that's 30 points I'd rather use to equip more useful skills)

Unit with the most useful default skill: This one is kind of a loaded question, but I'm going with Astrid's Paragon. She's super low level so they give her a skill to offset that and also still allows you to equip other skills.

I almost voted Skrimir. Once Resolve kicks him, he can simply kick-box enemies while unshifted, his defense is so high. Also provoke on a guy with just about the best defense cap in the game = win.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm.... hard to say

I think it's Bane either Astra or Impale

Astra: 5 hits (if it takes that much) and it looks cool

Impale: Seeing (mostly) Nephenee give the beatdown and almost always killing her opponent is just too good to not see

Best is tough to decide... Paragon allows the unit to easily use Blossom, so that's awesome. An Adept/Wrath/Cancel combo is just plain freaking amazing, or even just Adept/Cancel. Resolve can be a life-saver. White Pool is awesome for endgame. Disarm can net you some free weapons... I like a lot of them.

Bane is just stupid. Totally inferior to other mastery skills that will actually kill. Renewal and Fortune are near useless.

Non third tier skills I'd say Vantage and Adept together. Aran had it once and he was a killing machine. With his strength, skill and defense plus doubling a lot with adept, he kicked ass. Of course I have used that combo on other units

What's your favorite skill in the entire game?

Beyond that, who do you find has the most useful natural skills (as in they come equipped and therefore don't take any of your points)?

I'm just curious as to what you guys think.

My thoughts are that Resolve is the single best ability in the game. (What's that? You got Tauroneo down to 50% health? Huh, now he's got 50 strength and defense and 40 speed.) The two people that have it default are also pretty damn good.

I'd have to give Adept the #2 spot. It makes slow units viable while they are trying to catch up to speed and makes fast units even better. Give it to Micaiah or Sanaki after they get up there in levels to watch them make stuff utterly explode.

Honorable mentions: White Pool (oh how I wish Nasir was usable for more than two maps), Imbue (OH NO ELINCIA GOT HURT DOWN TO 2 LIFE oh wait she just regenerated 24 HP on my turn hurk hurk), Provoke (Attack this guy, AI, please. Oh you did, thanks.)

Dishonorable mention: Renewal (outside of Sacrifice Abuse with Micaiah, it's near useless), any mastery skill (Oh look, it offers all these neat benefits that you never actually get to see because they are always dead afterwards anyway. I wish you could take them off because that's 30 points I'd rather use to equip more useful skills)

Unit with the most useful default skill: This one is kind of a loaded question, but I'm going with Astrid's Paragon. She's super low level so they give her a skill to offset that and also still allows you to equip other skills.

I almost voted Skrimir. Once Resolve kicks him, he can simply kick-box enemies while unshifted, his defense is so high. Also provoke on a guy with just about the best defense cap in the game = win.

you mean outside of sol, flare, aether, and astra

i've had many unfortunate occurrences with bane to say its a good skill.

ARGH!

he has activated bane on the second strike, leaving the enemy with 1 hp when he could have defeated him WITHOUT bane, only so that in the enemy phase the enemy attack and almost kill him

:(

Edited by Anna the Tutorial Girl

i've had many unfortunate occurrences with bane to say its a good skill.

ARGH!

he has activated bane on the second strike, leaving the enemy with 1 hp when he could have defeated him WITHOUT bane, only so that in the enemy phase the enemy attack and almost kill him

:(

Ah yes, That's really why I don't use Sothe...and I think Mastery Skills activated too much...except Aether...I didn't make it fun..

I'm reasonably sure Bane won't activate if the normal hit would've killed anyway.

it does, I once had a guy with three HP left, so I attack him with sothe, he would have done 10 damage, the first attack BANE, OK not too bad, it doesn't really matter, second attack BANE, SHIT; Enemy phase sanaki dies SHIT

I'm reasonably sure Bane won't activate if the normal hit would've killed anyway.

he's done it for me i think

then again, i also thought that i was playing normal mode when i was actually playing easy.

:mellow:

Bane is a stupid skill tbh. It's only useful purpose is if it activates on the first hit.

It's a hard decision, I like many skills, but I'm going with Imbue. It allows a front liner to go on ahead without relying on healers in the back. Cancel is another one of my favorites.

MERCY=FAIL

Wrong. Highly useful for raising lower-leveled characters *coughpelleascough* and it can be removed immediately if you don't need it for that. Even so, it's a good experience spreader.

Imbue (OH NO ELINCIA GOT HURT DOWN TO 2 LIFE oh wait she just regenerated 24 HP on my turn hurk hurk

But imbue isn't for magic users, is it?

Anyway, I guess my favorite skill is Adept. Many times I've been thinking that I shall let Zihark have both Adept and Vantage, but I've never done it... :(

daunt has saved me on more than one occasion, and I like astra better than adept because eddie ALWAYS activates it (though adept has it's uses).

Adept + Astra is win!

so Zihark WINS!

....but Mia wins more

if both those conditions are met you get somehwere around 40 attacks.

Yes. It means you can potentially break the entire thing in a single round.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I'm pretty sure I recall seeing:

Adept!

Astra!

and a Brave weapon wouldn't change that.

40 attacks is enough to take down even the most stubborn of enemies, heck at the min that you're doing damage and still hitting everything that's 40 damage which is enough to take out most mages and some of the weaker swordmasters, but usually you're doing something like 15-20 and that's enough to take out each of the final bosses in the same round.

40 attacks is enough to take down even the most stubborn of enemies, heck at the min that you're doing damage and still hitting everything that's 40 damage which is enough to take out most mages and some of the weaker swordmasters, but usually you're doing something like 15-20 and that's enough to take out each of the final bosses in the same round.

Too bad Mantle prevents that.

Dragons are all that 40 hits would be needed to take down really.

Too bad Mantle prevents that.

Dragons are all that 40 hits would be needed to take down really.

huh?? I thought the only thing really preventing the 40 attacks taking out each of the final bosses was the fact they are in different areas (not to mention you can't carry damage over).