Cipher Series 6 - Info, News, Leaks, & Discussion: Sep 29: Happy release day! Good luck with your pulls everyone!

Kirie

Yeah, those cards appear to be unpromoted cards. Leo's art also matches his unpromoted art from S2 rather well (that card is just a brighter colour scheme).

I'm Glad they're not using Mayo for Camilla's art anymore. To be perfectly honest I am really getting tired of Mayo as (s)he is very hit or miss.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, that unpromoted Camilla for this set was 100% Mayo.

I really didn't like Mayo's Caedas and Mias (they both look way too young with the gigantic eyes, but I also can have this issue with say Sachiko Wada or Senri Kita), but other than I think Mayo is great.

Edited by Draxal

I'm Glad they're not using Mayo for Camilla's art anymore. To be perfectly honest I am really getting tired of Mayo as (s)he is very hit or miss.

It's definitely Mayo's style.

I really didn't like Mayo's Caedas and Mias (they both look way too young with the gigantic eyes, but I also can have this issue with say Sachiko Wada or Senri Kita), but other than I think Mayo is great.

You dare call Mia weird? You will PAT for this

I liked Mia in Series 5 at least.

Roy2 (by mayo) was also neat.

Damn it's Mayo? I honestly thought it looked too good to be Mayo. I gues (s)he is improving.

Both Mayo's cost 4 Mias, Ogma, Sue, Unmounted Minerva, and Cost 1 Camilla (from set 2) look good. The rest is from finicky to bad, specially her set 1 cards and her previous multi-card artwork are specially bad. Though upon closer examination, it's those huge eyes.

Mayo did the cost 1 Whitewings for set 1. HACCAN did the cost 3 Whitewings artwork which is one of the most beautiful artworks in set 1, I am sad that one is not uploaded online. Mayo's strong point is being dynamic and gives a lot of motion the the image, however the actual faces can be very unappealing.

Mayo is one of my favorite illustrators of Cipher, her colours are amazing, bright and really well mixed, her strokes and perspective are very dynamic, an her poses quite energetic yet not overly dramatic. The faces however can be hit or miss, especially the eyes, but in general I personally find her style and work really great.

This is an old point, but it brought up something interesting to me. Aquantis reminded us that a Deirdre card had a R/ST frame, bringing into question whether or not she'll get an SR spot (if she does occupy spots 4-5 like other "couples" have before her, there's no way she'll get an SR if that card turns out to be an R card, unless she somehow doesn't get an HN/N card).

What I found weird was that when I went to view the card to see it's frame, I noticed the Xander card above it also had an R/ST frame. With no ST deck for Nohr, I guess this means Xander is getting an SR, R, and HN this time? That's only happened once before with Hardin, though he had no cards before that. Sorry if this has already been addressed, but i just found it interesting. That's a lot of Xander love huh?

What I found weird was that when I went to view the card to see it's frame, I noticed the Xander card above it also had an R/ST frame. With no ST deck for Nohr, I guess this means Xander is getting an SR, R, and HN this time? That's only happened once before with Hardin, though he had no cards before that. Sorry if this has already been addressed, but i just found it interesting. That's a lot of Xander love huh?

The current Pattern for lords is 01 SR, 02 N, 03 HN. There are good chances that the former cost 3 Promo for box 1 is going to be just a common card. After all, why release in a booster box preview what's going to be a rare card.

The current Pattern for lords is 01 SR, 02 N, 03 HN. There are good chances that the former cost 3 Promo for box 1 is going to be just a common card. After all, why release in a booster box preview what's going to be a rare card.

Right, that is the trend, but if we go by the frame of the card, then it has to be an R card. Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me, it doesn't have the frame of a HN/N card. If you want to take a look at the card I'm talking about, it's in the July 2 Poster in the OP.

Eldigan R by Ao Kazunobu.

The art is... interesting. I'm not sure if I like it or not tbh, but the important part is that isn't an SR. Looks like Lewyn is still in?

My sword hand twi... Whoops, wrong weapon.

I think it's strange for a Holy Weapon user to have only R. I guess there is only 5 SRs (per color each booster I think) and 12 Holy Weapons, so ... Yeah

Edited by Jayvee94

Claude got a HN.

Six SRS/ Twelve SRS in total.

This is an old point, but it brought up something interesting to me. Aquantis reminded us that a Deirdre card had a R/ST frame, bringing into question whether or not she'll get an SR spot (if she does occupy spots 4-5 like other "couples" have before her, there's no way she'll get an SR if that card turns out to be an R card, unless she somehow doesn't get an HN/N card).

Oh the sword on Xanders frame tricked me

Edited by Draxal

Man, that is one cool looking Eltshan. I guess this means Levin got the SR, rightfully so.

Right, that is the trend, but if we go by the frame of the card, then it has to be an R card. Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me, it doesn't have the frame of a HN/N card. If you want to take a look at the card I'm talking about, it's in the July 2 Poster in the OP.

Well it IS in the poster, it may not be final. I'd say just wait and see, for I doubt they'd release a projected R card as a booster box promo. I just hope Nohrian Royals do not clog so much spotlight because if Xander gets an R and an SR, then the other Royals might also get that special treatment.

Well it IS in the poster, it may not be final. I'd say just wait and see, for I doubt they'd release a projected R card as a booster box promo. I just hope Nohrian Royals do not clog so much spotlight because if Xander gets an R and an SR, then the other Royals might also get that special treatment.

You know that Xander was in Stream last month already right.

B06Xander3.png

You know that Xander was in Stream last month already right.

B06Xander3.png

I should have figured it was addressed somewhere already :P

Odd then, I wonder why the poster gave him the R frame, when the other cards on that poster had their appropriate frame? Maybe that Deirdre has the wrong frame too then. I wonder... but either way, I'm glad this Xander isn't and R.

Odd then, I wonder why the poster gave him the R frame, when the other cards on that poster had their appropriate frame? Maybe that Deirdre has the wrong frame too then. I wonder... but either way, I'm glad this Xander isn't and R.

They might still have been in discussion about how to handle that card by the time the poster was went to the printer and they changed their minds before the actual cards were printed. At least, that makes more sense than thinking they purposefully put the wrong border to confuse people. :P

Eldigan's card is certainly interesting and chaotic. The composition is very cool, but I'm of two minds on what I think of the card as a whole. Guess I'll have to see it in person.

Very nice card! Kind of disappointed that he's not continuing the alternate class trend, but it looks really sweet, so I won't complain. :U

As someone who never re-classes, and as a huge Leo fan, I can confidently say I'm glad that trend didn't continue :P

I adore this card as well, and I hope it's one of my pulls! Only getting one box, so I guess there is a 1/3 chance of that (4/12)