Cipher Series 6 - Info, News, Leaks, & Discussion: Sep 29: Happy release day! Good luck with your pulls everyone!

Kirie

Why would Leif come between Quan and Ethlyn? You'd think he'd come after both of them, or separately at the end of recruitment order, if anything.

Very awesome card, though! Really rather surprised that he got an SR since I figured Sigurd, Arvis, and Lewyn would be the shoe-ins for S6 male SRs, but this series so far as mostly just shown how far off base my predictions are. >_>

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sachiko Wada literally never disappoints with her art. What a beautiful SR!

...which brings up the question, will Lewyn NOT get an SR? I'm pretty sure everyone predicted that he would, alongside the "practically confirmed" Sigurd and Arvis. I'm actually thinking that this might be first time since Red in the first set that we have an imbalanced gender ratio for SRs (or set 3's Fates cards, but to be fair they had to deal with 2 factions in the spot of 1). After all, there wasn't a super popular female character after Deidre and Arya in gen 1, was there? Or rather, a super popular female that matched Lewyn's popularity?

*EDIT* Also, Quan's SR being 006 likely means Deirdre will not be getting a N card, unlike the "special ladies to the protagonist" before her (excluding Azura, Elincia, and M Robin).

Edited by Together We Ride

Wada is very consistent, only problem I have with her art in general hasn't popped up with Cipher asides from a really quick sketch (she can give younger characters gigantic saucer eyes). And the only complaint I've seen about her art was her one one Starter exclusive Camilla which isn't her strongest art, but still good enough.

I could see Lewyn not getting it now, I'm not even sure Deidre will get one now as well. Cuan getting six threw stuff off for me. Who gets 9 (Potential Ethlyn SR)? Who gets 4 and 5 (usually main female leads or Sothe get 4/5/6).

Edited by Draxal

Ayra and Quan have theirs shown. It's very very very likely that Arvis and Sigurd will get one (due to the poster and the fact that every starter set lord has gotten a SR in the same set). Deirdre is seen as likely as well, but I'm not as convinced as I was before hand.

Edited by Draxal

shown SR cards: Cuan, Ayra

shown art for possible SR cards: Sigurd, Arvis (the combo pic, plus Sigurd has another card art shown with no number)

I can't see Levin not getting a SR card and cannot see Diadora getting one

other possible candidates are Eltosian, Tiltyu, and Fury (she's prob a rare) - based on their popularity and the figures made before (yes Sylvia was in the figure set, but I cannot see her getting an SR card).

getting Cuan makes me happy:)

also this looks like we get half the post set in a box, and then you get the rest at shop events.

Edited by Aquantis

As for the gender ratio I think they're prioritizing plot over popularity for FE4, as it's not recent enough to exploit all the waifu power. I am pretty certain Sigurd, Deirdre and Arvis have the SR and the other SR is a toss-up between Levin and Eltshan. Both of whom are very relevant to the plot. I'm going with Levin because he's important in Gen 2.

I don't see Deirdre not getting an SR card because there needs to be SOME waifu to squeeze cash from, see set 5 where they chose Sophia for whatever reason despite being one of the worst characters of her game.

Edited by SalShich10N

Wada is very consistent, only problem I have with her art in general hasn't popped up with Cipher asides from a really quick sketch (she can give younger characters gigantic saucer eyes). And the only complaint I've seen about her art was her one one Starter exclusive Camilla which isn't her strongest art, but still good enough.

I could see Lewyn not getting it now, I'm not even sure Deidre will get one now as well. Cuan getting six threw stuff off for me. Who gets 9 (Potential Ethlyn SR)? Who gets 4 and 5 (usually main female leads or Sothe get 4/5/6).

Funny enough, I think her starter exclusive Camilla art is my favorite Camilla!

I'm really thinking FE4's SRs will be Sigurd, Deirdre, Quan, Ayra, Lewyn, and Arvis. I just can't picture another female character getting in over someone so popular and plot-important as Lewyn (though his spot is, in my opinion, the most suspect now that Quan is in), and I feel like Deirdre is practically confirmed for an SR. She's far too important to not get one.

Spots 8-9 is super up in the air... maybe (S)R and HN Eltshan/Eldigan? Somewhat fitting, if he comes in right after Sigurd (Deirdre) and Quan. In fact, so no other character would really make sense (unless Quan also gets a N and Ethlyn somehow gets an SR on top of her R), I'm willing to say it has to be Eltshan/Eldigan. No one else really makes sense... not that him being there would either but oh well.

And to be fair, Azura, Elincia, and M Robin only got two cards right after their respective figurehead protagonist's spots, so I wouldn't be shocked at all if Deirdre only got two herself.

I don't see Deirdre not getting an SR card because there needs to be SOME waifu to squeeze cash from, see set 5 where they chose Sophia for whatever reason despite being one of the worst characters of her game.

The waifu factor is why they had to put in Conquest for this set

The waifu factor is why they had to put in Conquest for this set

Not enough waifu, boi, not enough waifu. Cipher is 40-60% waifu pandering. The women do not gravitate towards trading card games so much that Xander and Leo can carry on the sales.

I do potentially see this set, actually, having the lowest sales since it has so far the most obscure characters.

I do potentially see this set, actually, having the lowest sales since it has so far the most obscure characters.

I wonder about that. I thought the same when Series 5 was out but I was wrong.

Lowest sales globally but maybe not low sales in Japan. If the cards good people will buy it. That's how it works kek.

Funny enough, I think her starter exclusive Camilla art is my favorite Camilla!

It was mine too until we got the preview artwork for the Camilla in this set, which has taken over my favourite Camilla art spot.

The SR thing still has me wondering, though. I guess it's certainly possible that we'll only get 2 female yellow SRs in this set (I'm still holding out hope for Ayra/Deirdre/Lachesis, though). The other option I'm considering is that maybe the Arvis/Sigurd art we've seen on the posters actually isn't the SR art for this set. If that's the case, Arvis is no longer locked in as an SR and may just get an R/R+ like Garon. I don't really know if that's likely, though, since almost everyone was assuming that that art is the SR art ever since it was shown.

All in all, though, it's making me even more excited to see new cards every day. :U This set can't come soon enough. >.> (3 weeks!)

Today's twitter reveal is 3 for the price of 1 with joined art cards of young Quan, Sigurd, and Eldigan!

cpkZ4VU.png

This really cool! The Three Amigos in their early days before become the badasses they are in the future.

so happy they did this. I was worried that they would forget about it :)

well, if Sigurd ( guaranteed as the mascot) and Cuan have SR's, maybe Elto will get one too now...looking at the numbers, Elto probably gets a rare.

if Alvis doesn't get a SR and just an R, then the ratio m/f could be kept.

so Cuan, Ayra, Sigurd, Levin, Tiltyu and one other (Lackesis or Fury maybe)

but they may not keep that ratio, they have broken away form some of the other treads too.

Given that this was their highest grossing game until Awakening, I think it will still sell really well

Cipher's fanbase is on the older side, and there's a lot of love for MoE (Genealogy was the second compared to MoE until Awakening/Fates) and Genealogy; Genealogy introduced the really really really really popular shipping simulator.

The problem is that it won't have any voice actors linked with the game. Which is why I believe that Int Sys is always paring a pre-Tellius game with a Tellius and after game, it also makes the streams more enjoyable.

Moe is the weird exception as 1, The game is really popular 2. Awakening's popularity can also be seen as a callback to that. 3. They had voice actors linked to the game due to #FE.

I also think Ferry's gotten a R card already. I could see Lewyn getting an R with Eldigan getting an SR as well instead.

Edited by Draxal

Someone saw this coming and I wish it had been me.

Yesterday I make a prediction that Eldigan would get 8 and 9, and today it comes true... Hmm, maybe I should start throwing out more predictions for this set :P

That being said, I think it's super possible that Eldigan will get the SR spot over Lewyn now, but idk. Both are so popular, and two NPC/Enemy characters getting an SR in a set for one faction is a bit unheard of, so part of me is still thinking Lewyn will get it. Then again, we have a panorama of the three amigos, so having just two of them get SRs seems a bit unfair doesn't it?

Either way, a lot of people seem to be counting out Deirdre for SR huh? That's shocking to me. The set protagonist's opposite gendered partner that comes after them in number always gets an SR (that is, if you exclude Set 2 Azura).

unlike the other 'couples', Diadora was not that high on the popularity charts, and for the most part, the Cipher card SR's have been based on popularity.

(I'm the one who said they should do the spread. Still can't believe they actually did it though :) )

They also don't have to stick to the m/f balance. If they break away from the 3/3, then I see Elto, Alvis and Levin as the SR cards. If they keep the ratio, then Elto and Alvis will get R's, and we'll see other popular characters like Lachesis or Tiltyu (maybe Brigid and Eden, but unlikely). Fury and Sylvia are also up there in popularity, but if Fury already has a R, then she's out. Sylvia's a dancer, so probably out (but you never know).

Edited by Aquantis

The reason I think Deirdre isn't close to Sigurd in the set is because she's gonna be closer to Alvis. She's far too important to the plot to not be an SR, but I could be wrong. I very well could.

So overall the contestants or SR are: Arvis, Diadora, Levin and Eltshan.

Fair point about Deirdre's popularity compared to the other females of FE4, but if Cipher is picking SRs strictly off of popularity, then why did Quan get one? Assuming they're trying to stick with a 3-3 gender ratio as best they can, shouldn't the more popular Elgidan and Lewyn get SRs over him? Even if they do a 4-2 split like with Red in Set 1 or White/Black in Set 3, then shouldn't Arvis get in over Quan (unless Quan ranked higher than him, admittedly idk if that's true or not)? In hindsight, those seven mini figures of Gen 1 characters they made long ago would make a good model for who gets SRs in this set (Sigurd, Eldigan, Lewyn, Ferry, Tailto, Ayra, and Sylvia), with one of the ladies not making the cut.

I think Quan was picked at least partially based on his relevance to the plot, otherwise he certainly wouldn't have made it in as one of the three (four?) male SRs this set, especially when the seemingly more popular Sigurd, Arvis, Lewyn, and Eldigan are all strong contenders for the remaining two (three?). With all that in mind, I really can't see Deirdre not getting an SR this time. Even if she isn't among the most popular females in Gen 1, she's just way too important to the plot to get snubbed like that. Plus, she's totally gonna be in the 4-5 slot for the set, right after Sigurd. She fits the bill for all the others who made that slot before, and I'm not sure who'd replace her if she was closer to Arvis... But hey, I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first, and it wouldn't be the last time either :P

*EDIT* Yeesh, I didn't mean to make this into such an essay. My bad, lol

I just went back an looked, so unless the art is not on the first page of this thread, then Fury doesn't have a R yet (that card does not have the R style card boarder), so she is still in the running for a SR card.

What we know:

1-3 Sigurd (so far #3 HN, but #1 should be SR)

4 Diadora SR

6-7 Cuan SR, HN

8-9 Eltosian R, HN

10 Ethrin R

12 Finn R+

24 Ayra SR

31 Lackesis R

35 Levin HN

40 Bridget R

42 Claude HN

card art (with board but no card numbers):

3/2 Sigurd (prob card #2, but could be a ST only. we have seen Sigurd's ST+ card)

2 cost Ayra (prob HN, could be N, also no number yet. My guess is #25)

Diadora 1 cost (HN or N)

Eden/Adean cost 3/2 (prob HN)

Arvis cost 1 (N or HN)

2 cost Midyle (HN or N)

1 cost Arden (N or his ST card)

1 cost Fury (HN or N)

1 cost Mahnya (HN or N)

unknown cost Edin/Adean (HN or N)

unknown cost Diadora - R boarder (could be ST, as Sigurd's ST+ has this boarder too) Is ST exclusive

unknown cost Lackesis (HN or N)

3/2 Fury - R boarder (could be ST exclusive though) - can't make out the card number.

plain art (not seen on a card yet):

Alec

Noish

Ethrin (prob #11 ST elusive )

Cuan (#8 or ST elusive)

double sided poster: Sigurg/Alvis / Xander/Ryoma

card sleeves:

Sigurd (ST art), Diadora (ST art), Lackesis (HN|N art)

49-50 should be Cipher chars

if that Diadora card is not an ST card, then she is a R not a SR. hard to tell at this point. If the other Cuan picture is #8, then Elto doesn't get a SR or R .

Edited by Aquantis