Is there a list yet of skills and/or classes each unit can legitimately learn/obtain?

I'd like to be able to double-check that a skill I'm buying for a particular unit is one they can learn in some actual way (mainly which supports give a particular class a unit cannot otherwise obtain), and not accidentally buy hacked ones. As daunting a task as it will be, I'm wanting to get every single unit to have every single skill they could ever learn, and have them for each route.

Most skills not legitament are unable to be bought (usually the user is shadowbanned) but the only skill I know of that you can buy that is hacked & not shadowbanned is Aptitude, which only Second Gen units & Mozu can obtain.

Most skills not legitament are unable to be bought (usually the user is shadowbanned) but the only skill I know of that you can buy that is hacked & not shadowbanned is Aptitude, which only Second Gen units & Mozu can obtain.

Ah, I see. I thought the problem might be a bit more widespread than just Aptitude. Okay, don't have to worry about that.

Still, I'd like to find a list of the skills each unit can obtain so I can see how many I have left to get for each unit. If the list of skills for a character is ordered in the same order they list them in the game, it would make it that much easier.

The thing is, every unit can marry Corrin, so every unit can legitimately get almost every skill. The only exceptions are that no first-generation unit can get Nohr Princ(ess), Songstress, Villager, Wolfskin, Wolfssenger, Kitsune or Nine-Tails skills unless they have that class to begin with. Any child unit can have those skills, however.

Every other limited skill isn't purchasable anyway, like Speed Drain.

Therefore the list of every skill a unit can obtain is just... every skill, except for skills from the aformentioned unique classes.

Edited by gayserbeam

The thing is, every unit can marry Corrin, so every unit can legitimately get almost every skill. The only exceptions are that no first-generation unit can get Nohr Princ(ess), Songstress, Villager, Wolfskin, Wolfssenger, Kitsune or Nine-Tails skills unless they have that class to begin with. Any child unit can have those skills, however.

Every other limited skill isn't purchasable anyway, like Speed Drain.

Therefore the list of every skill a unit can obtain is just... every skill, except for skills from the aformentioned unique classes.

...Oh.

...Wonderful...

So, I guess the best way to accomplish my task is to;

1. Set up a file where Corrin has all S support ranks ready to unlock right before the final chapter.

2. Copy that file, choose a spouse, beat the final chapter and then choose the spouse as one of the 5 units you pick for the logbook.

3. Open the original file that's set before choosing a spouse and purchase all the skills they only get being married to Corrin.

One question, with a possible follow-up. When you pick 5 units to put in the logbook, do they only transfer the skills they have equipped, and not the entire pool? If that IS the case, will it be possible to open the second file where the spouse is, change their skills and then update the logbook with a different set of skills, go back to the original file and purchase the new set?

...Dear God, that would take FOREVER.

...Oh.

...Wonderful...

1. Set up a file where Corrin has all S support ranks ready to unlock right before the final chapter.

2. Copy that file, choose a spouse, beat the final chapter and then choose the spouse as one of the 5 units you pick for the logbook.

3. Open the original file that's set before choosing a spouse and purchase all the skills they only get being married to Corrin.

One question, with a possible follow-up. When you pick 5 units to put in the logbook, do they only transfer the skills they have equipped, and not the entire pool? If that IS the case, will it be possible to open the second file where the spouse is, change their skills and then update the logbook with a different set of skills, go back to the original file and purchase the new set?

You can buy from the entire pool, but it would still take forever as the skills/class you contribute depend on your Corrin's Talent, so you'd actually need over a dozen complete new games, with both genders. So yeah, getting every skill on everyone isn't something you can feasibly do alone, unless you have A LOT of time on your hands.

You can buy from the entire pool, but it would still take forever as the skills/class you contribute depend on your Corrin's Talent, so you'd actually need over a dozen complete new games, with both genders. So yeah, getting every skill on everyone isn't something you can feasibly do alone, unless you have A LOT of time on your hands.

I see. I was hoping Corrin's spouse would have access to every class Corrin would have access to, not just the Talent-related one.

...Well, damn. That IS a pretty impossible task.

I suppose the closest I could get to something like getting every skill for each unit would obviously be on the Revelation path, since that offers the most characters, and thus the biggest pool of potential classes for each unit. But even then, you'd have to pick a different spouse for every character, learn their spouse's skills, beat the game, transfer those skills back to the original file, rinse and repeat ad nauseum.

Welp...

About time I got started.

...Jesus Christ...

Edited by OutriderInfinity

Serenes Forest actually has a list of skills available that each class can learn. There are some rules to this though:

*Songstress is locked to Azura only.

*Only Corrin and their children have access to Nohr Prince/Princess and Hoshido/Nohr Noble.

*Only Kaden and his children have access to Kitsune and Nine-Tails.

*Only Keaten and his children have access to Wolfskin and Wolfssegner.

*Additionally, DLC skills can't be bought and must be learned through reclassing to that class first and leveling up to learn them (unless you use DLC Chapters to learn DLC skills) and enemy-only skills can't be learned at all.

*Enemy-only classes also aren't available to use.

*Corrin has the most access to classes and skills since they can support with every character in-game.

*To be able to reclass into another non-DLC class that your unit doesn't have means you need to get an A or higher support with a unit that can support that has the class that you desire to have access to so you can use reclass seals. Units in the Logbook can't support since they're treated as generic characters. DLC Characters (Anna can support) can't support at all. This extends to the every playable unit (including your actual Avatar not those in the logbook) that isn't an Amiibo, a generic unit that can be captured (Capturable bosses can't support) or a unit from the logbook (I can talk more about this in detail if needed).

Edited by Emblem Blade

Anyone know why that is?

Also, I know the game was hacked to get that skill, but HOW was it hacked? Powersaves?

Anyone know why that is?

Also, I know the game was hacked to get that skill, but HOW was it hacked? Powersaves?

Powersaves. That's the only logical way how one can hack into the game (from what others have been saying since I don't hack).

Also 'Anyone know why that is?' What are you trying to ask, I'm a bit confused. Are you asking why some skills are not legitimate?

...Oh.

...Wonderful...

A few modifications to your steps to make it bit easier:

2. Copy that file, choose a spouse, grind for the skills and then purchase the character as an Einherjar in the shop instead of beating the game. Save.

Einherjar are saved to all files much like supports, so you can just buy them in the extra file, and as long as you save, they'll show up in the logbook on every file, and then you're free to overwrite the unwanted extra saves. It's so much easier than beating the game over and over again, especially if you're grinding skills for more than five characters at once.

Powersaves. That's the only logical way how one can hack into the game (from what others have been saying since I don't hack).

Also 'Anyone know why that is?' What are you trying to ask, I'm a bit confused. Are you asking why some skills are not legitimate?

No, I'm asking why most illegitimate skills, even when hacked onto a character, apparently cannot be purchased and transfered to said character, except for Aptitude.

No, I'm asking why most illegitimate skills, even when hacked onto a character, apparently cannot be purchased and transfered to said character, except for Aptitude.

If said skills you are talking about are enemy-only skills, they are treated in-game has enemy-only and aren't able to be learned. If a skill that isn't DLC can't be learned due to class limitations (even with supports factoring in), then you can't learn that skill. Enemy-only skills can't be learned at all (Divine Shield, Status Immunity, Status Resistance and Dragonskin as well as the skill for infinite staff/rod use are a few of said enemy-only skills) since no class can learn them no matter what. DLC skills can't be bought obviously unless I'm wrong.

A few modifications to your steps to make it bit easier:

2. Copy that file, choose a spouse, grind for the skills and then purchase the character as an Einherjar in the shop instead of beating the game. Save.

Einherjar are saved to all files much like supports, so you can just buy them in the extra file, and as long as you save, they'll show up in the logbook on every file, and then you're free to overwrite the unwanted extra saves. It's so much easier than beating the game over and over again, especially if you're grinding skills for more than five characters at once.

Ah, thank you! That would make things much easier! Of course, I'm gonna have to play a whole lotta Ghostly Gold to afford them AND the skills. At least that's an option.

If said skills you are talking about are enemy-only skills, they are treated in-game has enemy-only and aren't able to be learned. If a skill that isn't DLC can't be learned due to class limitations (even with supports factoring in), then you can't learn that skill. Enemy-only skills can't be learned at all (Divine Shield, Status Immunity, Status Resistance and Dragonskin as well as the skill for infinite staff/rod use are a few of said enemy-only skills) since no class can learn them no matter what. DLC skills can't be bought obviously unless I'm wrong.

That's the part I mean.

Aptitude is only available to Mozu and whoever her kid is. No one else should be able to obtain it in any fashion legitimately. And yet people can purchase it for ANY character, provided it's on their skill list online.

Why is Aptitude the exception to that rule?

That's the part I mean.

Aptitude is only available to Mozu and whoever her kid is. No one else should be able to obtain it in any fashion legitimately. And yet people can purchase it for ANY character, provided it's on their skill list online.

Why is Aptitude the exception to that rule?

Units not named Mozu or her children that have Aptitude are powersaved/hacked to get that skill since the only playable Villager in Gen 1 is Mozu since generic villagers can't be captured.

Might not have much of an influence compared to other skills since Aptitude only affects stat growths. Then again I'm not one to ask regarding powersaves since I have never even used a single powersave yet since I don't have the proper methods yet (programs).

Edited by Emblem Blade

Units not named Mozu or her children that have Aptitude are powersaved/hacked to get that skill since the only playable Villager in Gen 1 is Mozu since generic villagers can't be captured.

Might not have much of an influence compared to other skills since Aptitude only affects stat growths. Then again I'm not one to ask regarding powersaves since I have never even used a single powersave yet since I don't have the proper methods yet (programs).

Yeah, I know the ones online hacked the skill to begin the whole thing. What I'm wondering about is how other players who have never hacked their game are able to purchase Aptitude for their game's characters. As you said, even if you hacked other particular skills onto a character, like Kaidan's Kitsune skills, another player who discovered them online could not purchase them for theirs. They may not even show up at all, depending on how the shadow-banning works.

Why is Aptitude, a Villager-exclusive skill, able to be purchased for units who can never be villagers, while skills from beasts, Corrin's Royalty skills, etc., are forbidden?

Yeah, I know the ones online hacked the skill to begin the whole thing. What I'm wondering about is how other players who have never hacked their game are able to purchase Aptitude for their game's characters. As you said, even if you hacked other particular skills onto a character, like Kaidan's Kitsune skills, another player who discovered them online could not purchase them for theirs. They may not even show up at all, depending on how the shadow-banning works.

Why is Aptitude, a Villager-exclusive skill, able to be purchased for units who can never be villagers, while skills from beasts, Corrin's Royalty skills, etc., are forbidden?

That's a good question that I have been wondering about as well for some time. Unless the game checks for serious dangers from hacks, some might not even be checked off as a 'hack' even when it is. Looking at another thread, the game checks for inconsistencies in classes. You can only have a set number of characters in certain classes. The maximum number of Nohr Prince/Princesses and their promotions is 3 total for both not each: Corrin/Kamui and their children (Kanna and whoever else is their child). The same applies to Kitsune and Wolfskin and the promoted classes Nine-Tails and Wolfssegner, it's locked to three users at most per class combined (Wolfskin and Wolfssegner are treated as the same while Kitsune and Nine-Tails are the same): Kaden and Keaten and their own children are only able to have those classes (if I'm correct). I would think that Aptitude is a unique exception is that since a unit can learn a skill if said skill can be learned by that unit via reclass. Taking Gen 2 into account: Someone might have Siegbert be Mozu's son on one save file and learn Aptitude. They can then have said Siegbert via Logbook teach a non-Mozu Siegbert Aptitude since it's still 'Siegbert' and the Siegbert with Aptitude doesn't need to be a Villager to teach another Siegbert Aptitude (I know it's confusing but this is the best way I can think of it). I don't know why class-specific skills for Kitsune and Wolfskin as well as their promotions have their skill unlearnable. I can at least say that regarding the Nohr Prince/Princess and their promoted classes having their unique skill unlearnable is that Corrin/Kamui is treated as a special character and only their children can learn the skills from those three classes (Nohr Prince/Princess and Nohr/Hoshido Noble) therefore preventing players from buying skills off of them that are only learned in those three classes.

Edited by Emblem Blade

The only skills that are unbuyable are DLC and Enemy only skills.

DLC skills can't be bought, and enemy only skills cause a shadowban when they are equipped.

Illegitimate skills can still be bought (E.G. Aptitude on Corrin, Grisly Wound on Corrin, Draconic Hex on Azura, stuff like that)

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

The only skills that are unbuyable are DLC and Enemy only skills.

DLC skills can't be bought, and enemy only skills cause a shadowban when they are equipped.

Illegitimate skills can still be bought (E.G. Aptitude on Corrin, Grisly Wound on Corrin, Draconic Hex on Azura, stuff like that)

Oh, okay. I thought for some reason Aptitude was the only exception. My mistake.

So, to sum up...

Every unit in the 1st Gen can learn every skill in the whole game WITH THE EXCEPTIONS of;

1. Azura's Songstress skills

2. Corrin's Nobility and Dragon skills

3. Kaidan and Keaton's Beast skills

4. Enemy-only skills

5. Amiibo-only skills (with the exception of the Hero and Exalt's Brands)

6. Mozu's Villager skills

In addition, for the 2nd Gen;

1. Kaidan, Keaton, Female Corrin and Azura's kids can all have Beast skills, and Male Corrin can have a Female Kana with Beast skills by marrying Selkie or Velouria (Kaidan and Keaton's kids).

2. Every single kid can have Nobility and Dragon skills.

3. Every kid can have Songstress skills.

4. Every kid can have Villager skills.

Do I have all this right? Have I made any mistakes in my conclusions?

EDIT: Forgot to add Villager skills. Fixed.

EDIT 2: Fixed to note the female kids of Kaidan and Keaton so that F!Kana can inherit Beast skills. Also, organized the list a little better.

Edited by OutriderInfinity

Oh, okay. I thought for some reason Aptitude was the only exception. My mistake.

So, to sum up...

Every unit can learn every skill in the whole game WITH THE EXCEPTIONS of;

1. Azura's Songstress skills

2. Corrin's Nobility and Dragon skills

3. Kaidan and Keaton's Beast skills

4. Enemy-only skills

5. Amiibo-only skills (with the exception of the Hero and Exalt's Brands)

In addition, Kaidan, Keaton, Female Corrin and Azura's kids can all have Beast skills, every single kid could have Nobility and Dragon skills, and I guess every kid could have Songstress skills, as well.

Do I have all this right? Have I made any mistakes in my conclusions?

Also Villager skills, which only Mozu and every kid can learn.

Also Villager skills, which only Mozu and every kid can learn.

Can Shigure get villager skills? Mainly because Mozu can't be his mother to inherit the skills. Or can he optain it in some other way?

Edited by FoliFF