First Topic in this forum.

Mufasa

Hm. Interesting. I like the idea behind this forum.

But I'm not sure about a debate forum. Too many people are stubborn as hell and would probably get to flamming.

But that's just my observation.

About comments concerning people arguing and needing to have the forum constantly monitered:

The only people who seem to be arguing and flaming in debates are the people who aren't debating. NONE of the people debating start flame wars or anything of the sorts. It's not fair to blame them when it's other people who're going "STFU GO AWAY WE DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR "FACTS".

About comments concerning people arguing and needing to have the forum constantly monitered:

The only people who seem to be arguing and flaming in debates are the people who aren't debating. NONE of the people debating start flame wars or anything of the sorts. It's not fair to blame them when it's other people who're going "STFU GO AWAY WE DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR "FACTS".

Ninji's got a point.

Usually it's people who have not posted in the entire topic that will randomly post something along the lines: "This whole thing is gay and you're all stupid."

Which is pretty infuriating, and then people go along with them cause they think it's cool to do that, cause they're idiots.

...Not to repeat pretty much exactly what Ninji said.

Alrighty.

It still would need supervision though.

I don't see why we make it seem like the mods need to watch EVERYTHING that goes on, why not appoint some members to simply make it their job to report things? You don't have to give them special ranks or anything, just make them people responsible for reporting.

Select them in private, and have them report in private, so people won't be able to kiss up to them, because they won't know who they are.

Just try and select the most unbiased people you can.

I don't see why we make it seem like the mods need to watch EVERYTHING that goes on, why not appoint some members to simply make it their job to report things? You don't have to give them special ranks or anything, just make them people responsible for reporting.

Select them in private, and have them report in private, so people won't be able to kiss up to them, because they won't know who they are.

Just try and select the most unbiased people you can.

An upstanding member like yourself is always responsible for reporting things. You don't need an appointment. And you do all that stuff when you mark a post for moderation.

^_-

I've been a mod on other forums and I can assure you that in no way did I mean that they need to constantly watch us. I was merely pointing out that moderators moderate (obviously) the forums regularly, especially those of the global kind. They need to check in once in a while, of course.

I've been a mod on other forums and I can assure you that in no way did I mean that they need to constantly watch us. I was merely pointing out that moderators moderate (obviously) the forums regularly, especially those of the global kind. They need to check in once in a while, of course.

I'd be very suprised if any mod personally went to every forum to scope out violations. I can't say the same for my colleagues but I just go where I want and I make decisions when I see anything.

I wasn't stating based on you. I have seen MANY posts pertaining to the fact we need to be watched, so I wasn't singling you out.

Also I actively report. If I see something that I believe is against the rules, I report it for review.

I propose the idea because it would help ENCOURAGE people to report, make them feel like they are important, inclining them to report more. They shouldn't HAVE to feel important, but face it, some people like to feel important when they do a good thing.

I wasn't stating based on you. I have seen MANY posts pertaining to the fact we need to be watched, so I wasn't singling you out.

Also I actively report. If I see something that I believe is against the rules, I report it for review.

I propose the idea because it would help ENCOURAGE people to report, make them feel like they are important, inclining them to report more. They shouldn't HAVE to feel important, but face it, some people like to feel important when they do a good thing.

I'd like to bring up a point of abusing the moderation system to get back at a user you don't like. People do it.

I agree with you all the same, but this is just more evidence that actions will have reactions.

I'd like to bring up a point of abusing the moderation system to get back at a user you don't like. People do it.

I agree with you all the same, but this is just more evidence that actions will have reactions.

I can say that I honestly never abuse the moderation system, as firstly, it's wrong, and second, I am confident enough in the moderation team to see through lies, and deception.

That really falls under your job to determine what is really abuse, and what is moderation service abuse. I'm sure when people see that the moderators aren't going to let all reports through, and actually read them, and investigate, any reports for such reasons will drop dramatically, if not cease to exist.