dark souls 3 hype

Tryhard

Fashion Souls is ultimate boss.

Thief Mask, Fallen Knight Armor, Sellsword Gauntlet, and Knight Leggings look good but I can't find anything else I think would look great together.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorcerers do have it hard. I haven't tried one yet.

games great, so much so that I already want more of it.

[spoiler=dlc thoughts and spoilers]I have to say that I was a little disappointed only to see a statue of Velka. Since this is supposedly the last Dark Souls game (?), I thought we would see an appearance from her in some form. While she is meant to be some mysterious background force and Dark Souls traditionally left much unexplained, it'd be nice to see her in some capacity as enemy or benefactor in the planned DLC.

As well as Gwynevere, who is referenced throughout the game. And Kaathe too, who Yuria mentions in her dying quote. I wouldn't be surprised with an Abyss DLC of some kind and I feel as though Kaathe might have significance if it is the Abyss in wrapping up the series. Though like I said I would like to see Velka as well.

Edited by Tryhard

I honestly have no idea how fromsoft expected a magic build to tackle the abyss watchers.

Second phase would be literally impossible with only magic. Highly aggressive, and rolls out of magic attacks anyways.

Even with a sword it's still going to be tough because of the low defense.

Honestly really disappointed with this. Only reason I beat him is because of the crystal sage's rapier, but relying on melee weapons in a pure caster build just to get by is sort of annoying.

he was very rude and I had to really get a feel for his attack pattern to beat hi with sorcery

He got me pretty huffed I will admit

Edited by Moira

(spoilers)

So far I'd say it's the best in the series overall, but DS1 still has it beat in characters imo. The DS1 "cast" is just so much more memorable than any of the others in the series. Loved Siegward and Yhorm though.

Edit: Also kind of disappointed that hug and spam R1 bosses still exist this late into the series, but oh well. The hardest fight in the entire series for me was the two crocorats behind the hidden wall in Anor Londo lol. It's like they looked at the two chimeras fight from the Artorias DLC and asked themselves how they could top it.

Edited by Tangerine

Yeah, the damage with sorcery is never really the problem, just those damn casting times.

But if you managed late game, I'll take your word for it.

Sage's Ring + 20 DEX gets you to the maximum casting speed.

It's still not that fast, but it's way better than casting at base DEX.

Why does Dex influence spell casting speed again? >_>

DEX has to do with finesse, so maybe it just makes you cast more efficiently.

if you want to maximise sorcery damage, you can get:

Young Dragon Ring

Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring

Magic Clutch Ring

Sage Ring (casting speed)

Crown of Dusk

Scholar's Candlestick

the Court Sorcerer staff is currently considered the best at higher int level (like 55+) otherwise the starting one is fine

So they just made it like adaptability from ds2?

Well, no, it also affects a certain resistance and many weapons get scaling bonuses from that stat or have requirements for it.

if you want to maximise sorcery damage, you can get:

Young Dragon Ring

Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring

Magic Clutch Ring

Sage Ring (casting speed)

Crown of Dusk

Scholar's Candlestick

the Court Sorcerer staff is currently considered the best at higher int level (like 55+) otherwise the starting one is fine

Seconding this. If you play as any type of caster, you have to devote your ring slots to this setup: Sage's Ring / [insert magic type here] boosting ring / stronger [insert magic type here] boosting ring / Magic, Fire, Dark, or Lightning Clutch Ring. You could probably swap the Sage's Ring for something else, but having that extra casting speed is very useful.

Don't ignore the other staves, though. Power isn't always everything. For example, the Witchtree Branch has innately faster casting speed, and the Izalith Catalyst has both INT and FAI scaling, making it the best choice for hexes. Therefore, if casting speed is your beef with sorceries, then you might want to consider sacrificing a little bit of your damage output to cast even more quickly with the Witchtree Branch.

Edited by Esme

I did a Luck build - with faith like Esme suggested. Anri's Straight Sword is an excellent weapon. At +5 with 40 Luck and base requirement Strength and Dexterity (10) it does just under 400 AR. With higher levels of faith (I leveled this later since it wasn't really priority until I could get the Lightning Blade buff) and eventually ended at 40 luck/60 faith, with Sacred Oath and Lightning Blade it goes to 759 displayed AR.

Anri's has a blessed native infusion on it even though you can buff it, so that means slight hp regen, kills the skeletons permanently and does 10% more damage to them too.

S'pretty fun and effective.

yeah man I like most of the bosses but they aren't really anything new to someone who has played the series before

I will say that they aren't any worse than any other game in the series.

anyone tried nioh out of interest? there's a free alpha demo up on ps4 right now and even though it blatantly just takes from souls it's pretty fun... though more technical like ninja gaiden so I suck at it. I like that it has randomized drops ala diablo at least.

Edited by Tryhard

I wouldn't really call it the same difficulty as Souls, it's more like Ninja Gaiden reflex combat over Dark Souls rather slow and plodding combat. If anything, I'm worse at those types of games and would generally call it more difficult than Souls.

It's more Souls-like because it uses many of the same mechanics but has some new ones. Collecting 'amrita' on death which is totally not souls, stats similar in style to Souls, stamina management etc. Instead of bloodstains you can summon a 'revenant' of a player who died to fight, which is pretty neat. It has potential considering I barely like any Team Ninja games, even if they tone the difficulty down I wouldn't mind.

Edited by Tryhard

Soon. Soon I'll have a PS4.

And I'll be able to taste the sweet fruits of the Souls series once more.

Of course, it never stopped me from spoiling the story to myself. :p