Let's Talk About Royal Royale

Vyse

Can't you unpair Sakura with Tsubaki and get one more attack thanks to him?

I'm looking at the video to see if there's anything I can do to help.

You mean Sakura and Hana? I might try that, right after killing Elise by luring her out with Sakura, I could unpair them and lure Arthur with Sakura kinda like what she did with Elise and then attack him with Sakura again to weaken him and have Hana finish him off with Dual Katana, and leave her within range of Effie.

I usually keep Subaki very close to Sakura, close enough for her to walk 6 tiles to get to him, and place Subaki in a range of a DV, in case of an emergency

Edit: I'm done, thank goodness I can finally say goodbye to this hellhole, this is like Lunatic+ level of difficulty

yaGVgqp.jpg

f2SoWXP.jpg

Here's what I did

1. Place the 3 characters right next to Leo's group range, but have Sakura stand at the furthest so she can reach the first DV
  2. Use DV and then proceed to surround Leo's group, then use Silence on Leo, and have them all killed in 1 turn
  3. Separate into 2 groups, each with different characters, preferably the real ones to the left and replicas to the right
  4. Place Sakura at the edge of Elise's range so Sakura can counter. Also place Hana right next to her so she could Dual Strike and have Subaki use Rally.
  5. The replicas could go stand by at the DV near Hinoka's group, but place Subaki behind so he could reach the DV at the forest intersection in case something unfortunate happens
  6. Elise could die in 1 turn, if not it's okay because Arthur can't reach you yet. Then place Sakura at the edge of Arthur's attack range like you did with Elise and Hana for Dual Strike and Subaki rally again.
  7. Next turn, run back, but don't go too far, stay in range so Arthur could still use Tomahawk and attack Sakura by 2 spaces again, do the same process with Hana and Subaki. Around this time, Takumi should be nearing your group but don't use DV yet.
  8. Arthur should die, with Effie, Hinata and Oboro closeby. By the turn Takumi is in range of everybody in the group, use DV. And focus your Hanas on him, she should hit around 16 damage. Have 2 Hana's attack him and finish off with Sakura.
  9. Next turn, Have Hana attack Hinata and finish with Subaki's Swordcatcher. Oboro might get a hit in, but it's okay unless she crits. Kill off Oboro, and then rush to Camilla's side, otherwise you'll get sandwiched by the 2 sisters. But stay just out of range of their attack.
  10. Once Camilla starts moving and is in range of all your characters, have the 2 Sakuras one shot Beruka and Camilla, Selena should pose no problem and can be killed easily.
  11. Wait for Hinoka's team to reach you, do the same process and Hinoka and Setsuna should go down in 1 turn, but Azama will take a while because he is slow.
  12. Have a replica Sakura pair with replica Subaki and rush to the right for the 2 DV's and move the rest of the group to Ryoma's group but stay just out of range.
  13. Ryoma and Xander should start moving to you now, use a DV with the real Sakura near Ryoma's group and use Hana kill off Saizo first, she should be able to OTK him, then have Hana Dual Strike Ryoma and pray to God he doesn't crit or activate Astra, and finish with Subaki's Swordcatcher. Kagero shouldn't pose any problem, even Sakura can kill her.
  14. Now, try to lure Xander's group with your attackers, and have the clone Sakura / Subaki pair out of their range, because we'll need the 2 DV's near his group's starting point.
  15. Once Xander is in range, use the DV and pair up real Hana / Subaki and attack him with Swordcatcher, should be dealing 2x 10 damage to him with Energy Drops and around 50% chance to get hit with 20 damage, in which case, just heal with Sakura.
  16. Xander should attack Subaki with his lance now, so switch to Hana and attack with Dual Katana, do the same with the other Hana, they should have 100% chance to dodge, and finish off with Sakura if can.
  17. Laslow is easy and will get OTK by Hana, Peri should be arriving near your group right about this time, so use another DV.
  18. Then finish off Peri and done

This strategy is pretty safe, unless RNG trolled you and have them crit you again and again or you miss. Took me over 100 tries but it's finally done.

Edited by Matthewlovespie

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a nice AI manipulation trick to seperate Effie for Sakura's team. The key here is to take advantage of Effie's poor movement and range. After using the DV south of Leo, I immediately start sending replica!Sakura north into the blossom forest while the rest of the team takes care of Leo's group. Take care to position the team at least behind Odin's starting position or else Effie will follow Elise. If done properly, after Turn 3, Effie should slowly march east into the forest and mountains not south with Elise, if not restart and try positioning better.

Basically, I use replica!Sakura to bait Effie into the forest as the rest of the team can easily take out Elise and Arthur as they come one by one. She can also support the team with Wane festal/Silence or popping the DV in the forest if necessary. Takumi's group is much easier without Effie looming on your back. I picked up the replica with Subaki to cross the river and quickly regroup with the team after they finished. I had time to even finish off Camilla's group before Effie had time to catch up to me.

So now you have the whole team to just take out Effie. I setup attack stance Hana with her replica and Sakura chipped in some too. I wasn't lucky and didn't get any crits or Astra, but Effie was too low health to fight back. I used Shell horn and positioned Sakura for her personal skill to increase everyone's defense incase Effie did counterattack though. Hinoka started moving by that time, so Effie started retreating to Azama to be healed but Hana took her out before she could escape next turn.

Edited by autismoe

• 3 weeks later...

Yeash...Furthest I got was half the teams with Ryoma and Leo. This is ridiculous for a DLC Map. Felt the same way about Apotheosis in Awakening and I cleared that map more than a few times >.>;

RR/BB has too much reliance on luck and ZERO room for error to be considered a fair challenge. Mor so given you're forced to use premades. At least with Apotheosis you could use your own units. It also took a certain degree of skill to clear and prepwork. You get neither with RR/BB. With Royal Royale and Beach Brawl, it's all luck-based. This is why I hate these maps where I can't use my own units.

I can see the difficulty being nerfed in a patch down the road. That or being given the option of using some of your own units in addition to what you're given to work with. Folks are asking for it on Social Media as well.

...If the difficulty was meant to discourage people from even trying, well mission accomplished. At least with Apotheosis, the prize (Katarina) justified the difficulty. BB/RR's doesn't.

Edited by Aurabolt

Since royals and retainers basically control the weapon triangle, I started my run with Leo. I managed to take out Takumi and Elise but gave up losing to Xander. Personally Beach Brawl feels a lot easier. Once you lure Ryoma and the Tiddie Committee out of the trees, that is. Odin and Laslow can take out a little over half of the opposing units with their vanilla stats alone, so I chose to pair those two together and tank Leo. That was my first run, but now I have a feel for the Nohrian army.

For Ryoma's, I recommend to just take each group as they come. Ryoma's group should be able 1v1 pretty much any group--though Xander's has both bulk and mobility so I recommend burning a DV on his (nobody hits Ryoma consistently anyway)--I had one Ryoma pull Xander's group and another wait on the DV. I started with pulling Camilla's group on Ryoma's first turn (Ryoma stand at the edge of the range) then move back to hit the first DV to get the clones. Effective switching between attackstance and guard stance depending on the situation is also good to get into the practice of.

Don't forget Kagero has needle shuriken--that's pretty important against Peri and Effie. The two Kagero clones ganging up on Effie with needle shuriken absolutely destroys her.

I actually screwed up on Xander's portion wrt positioning and Ryoma pulled a Vantage save anyway. Vantage 1-2 will save your ass. On my first run I also lost Saizo to an Oboro crit, but I was able to clear the rest with just Ryoma and Kagero, so I wouldn't say there's no room for error with the easier royals like Ryoma, Elise, and Takumi. It's probably more rigid for Sakura.

Edited by Thor Odinson

...If the difficulty was meant to discourage people from even trying, well mission accomplished. At least with Apotheosis, the prize (Katarina) justified the difficulty. BB/RR's doesn't.

I find it funny you say that, because Katarina screams "Bragging Rights Reward". Doesn't really speak to me "That was well worth the effort" like Stat boosters and class change items do, that one.

Anyways, is Sakura really as big a nightmare to clear RR with as I've seen in earlier posts in this thread?

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

I find it funny you say that, because Katarina screams "Bragging Rights Reward".

Anyways, is Sakura really as big a nightmare to clear RR with as I've seen in earlier posts in this thread?

Sakura's team struggles heavily against those that have high Defense as her team has relative average-below average Strength stats. Sakura's team in general struggles against Xander's team more than anyone else mostly because of Xander himself. You have to get lucky with Subaki surviving each fight against Xander, Peri and Laslow since only he can defeat Xander (thanks to Swordcatcher). Minor notice is that even then if you're not careful Effie might kill Subaki if you fail to notice her (because of Beast Killer). I managed to pass with Sakura's team...at the cost of losing Hana.

Sakura's team struggles heavily against those that have high Defense as her team has relative average-below average Strength stats. Sakura's team in general struggles against Xander's team more than anyone else mostly because of Xander himself. You have to get lucky with Subaki surviving each fight against Xander, Peri and Laslow since only he can defeat Xander (thanks to Swordcatcher). Minor notice is that even then if you're not careful Effie might kill Subaki if you fail to notice her (because of Beast Killer). I managed to pass with Sakura's team...at the cost of losing Hana.

Speaking of Xander, is there any chance Laslow might take the lead for some reason, or is that just not gonna happen?

Speaking of Xander, is there any chance Laslow might take the lead for some reason, or is that just not gonna happen?

There is a chance of Laslow taking the lead as an NPC, quite possible if you use Elise' team as you have Effie who can 1-2 HKO anyone on Xander's team and has a weakness to Armorslayer (Xander's not going to go into direct confrontation with her as an NPC as Beast Killer can possibly OHKO him). That said I can't remember how to make him the leader instead of Xander since I stopped doing Royal Royale due to how frustrating it is to take advantage of some of the harder-to-use teams even with Dragon Veins.

Not sure if I'm getting good at fire emblem after not touching the franchise during the GBA days, or if elise has arguably the best team for this DLC.

I offed the teams in this order iirc:

Takumi's (probably the worst to deal with, only because of takumi himself use the dragon vein of course)

Sakura's team moves in on you (Tsubaki sucks as he always does, and runs to his death by Effie early. Hana is next, though sporting a dual katana that she will swap to if you bait her into effie, she gets owned by arthur's axes)

Hinoka's team moves in (just wait outside of hinoka/setsuna attack range. Bait them over the river. Azama gets separated from them due to the river)

Leo's team moves in soon after you finish Hinoka's (shouldn't be in danger of being attacked by any of them by the time you take out Azama. Same strat I used against Hinoka's team; stay out of range til you draw them close, one shot leo, and owain. Niles should be lagging behind a bit. Use Elise to give him some saucy snacks)

Ryoma's team waits for you (iirc I went to the left edge of Saizo's attack range, baiting him over with Authur armed with a tomohawk. Take him and ryoma out the following turn with authur and effie due to their 1-2 range, and elise's paper bag-durability. Use the nearby dragon vien/freeze staff on kagero, and finish her the following turn)

Camilla's team moves in (beruka's attack range shouldn't completely overlap with camilla's. Baited her over with arthur's tomohawk for free damage, and finished the 3 of them the turn they got close enough)

Xander's team last (freeze peri who is lagging behind. Depending on misses against Inigo using tomohawk after you introduce xander to a beast killer, might have to freeze him too)

I managed to beat this with Takumi, Ryoma, and Elise's team. Not too bad with them.

For Camilla's team, I was able to defeat Team Elise, Team Ryoma, and part of Team Sakura. I don't know what happened, but Sakura ended up lagging behind Subaki and Hana and ended up joining forces with Team Leo. Leo and Odin were bulky enough to tank one hit from Camilla, Beruka, and Selena and the only one fast enough to double them was Selena, I think, but she's really weak, so they'd tank a hit and then hit back really hard. Also, Sakura was there to heal them, which was annoying and I ended up losing.

I haven't tried it with Leo, Sakura, Hinoka, and Xander. It looks like it'd be a pain with everyone else, but Xander tbh

I managed to beat this with Takumi, Ryoma, and Elise's team. Not too bad with them.

For Camilla's team, I was able to defeat Team Elise, Team Ryoma, and part of Team Sakura. I don't know what happened, but Sakura ended up lagging behind Subaki and Hana and ended up joining forces with Team Leo. Leo and Odin were bulky enough to tank one hit from Camilla, Beruka, and Selena and the only one fast enough to double them was Selena, I think, but she's really weak, so they'd tank a hit and then hit back really hard. Also, Sakura was there to heal them, which was annoying and I ended up losing.

I haven't tried it with Leo, Sakura, Hinoka, and Xander. It looks like it'd be a pain with everyone else, but Xander tbh

Xander's team is relatively easy if you can plan correctly.

*Elise's Team: Laslow can 2-turn Effie (Player and Enemy Turn) with Armorslayer or have both Laslow's attack Effie asap to beat her. Make sure that both Peris have Azura's Water (or whatever it is) to restore his HP by 20 points right after since he's going to be weak after taking a 24-28 stab to the gut. Xander OHKO's Elise if his blow connects. Laslow + Xander KO Arthur.

*Sakura's Team: Xander can possibly do 80-90% to full HP Sakura so have one Xander and one Peri/Laslow combo her. Use Peri to deal with Sakubi so Xander and Laslow don't take that bonus damage from Swordcatcher, 2 hits from Steel Axe if they both hit should KO him. Use Peri if Hana has Dual Katana equipped, otherwise spam Xander's Siegfried from a distance to 2-HKO her.

*Leo's Team (first barrier): Deal with Leo and Odin first as their magical attacks do rather large chip damage, Xander who's your tank gets 2-3 HKO'd by Leo alone. Leo is 2-3 HKO'd by Xander don't try to initiate a fight against the younger brother, have Leo attack and Xander counter to weaken the former first. When your turn comes, have one of the retainers use Azura's Water or one of the Xander's use a Concoction to recover after being adjacent to Leo. Have your other Xander be adjacent to both the other Xander and Leo and Dual Strike him, Leo should be KO'd at that point. Have both Laslows (since they're most accurate of your remaining units who can act) gang up on Odin who is 2 HKO'd as each hit does about 55-60% on him. Try to get both Peris with Steel Axe weaken Niles while he doesn't have Shining Bow equipped, if not try to KO him that turn. If he lives, just send one of your Xanders or Laslows to KO him instead the next turn.

*Takumi's Team: Oboro isn't an issue as Xander can 2-3 HKO her even at a distance, just don't let her hit Laslow. Hinata (the enemy Swordmaster) can possibly OTKO Laslow and 2-HKO Peri so make sure that when you confront him, you have at least one Xander who hasn't made an action yet. Have Xander range Hinata and have an adjacent Peri initiate the second attack (Dual Strike). Surround Takumi (so he's forced to use the weaker Bow) and defeat him, the trapping method also allows you to heal each other.

*Camilla's Team: Xander alone can theoretically and typically solo her team as he 2-HKO's just about all of them just KO Camilla first so she can't magic spam your low Resistance stat units should she survive to act on her turn.

*Hinoka's Team: One of your Xanders and/or Laslows can deal with Azama thanks to his weapon making his case worse (Swords > Lances due to Dual Naginata). Hinoka can be an issue as most of your units will have at most a 60% Hit Rate on her, if you're lucky Xander and Peri might be able to KO her if each attack separately on the same turn, she also can prey on Xander and Peri's average-below average Resistance with the Bolt Naginata so be wary. Setsuna should be surrounded (like when you face Takumi) so she can't even fight you. Just attack the Sniper once you do this but be wary of the other teams since the Sniper is rather dodgy.

*Ryoma's Team: Ok, this part can become an issue as they all can crit-debuff you which is never fun. Do not let Xander die at all in this part or you'll struggle so hard. Target Saizo first mostly because of his personal skill being a pain if it procs and he's alive. Use Laslow + Xander or Peri (Steel Axe) + Xander to deal with him. If you use Xander (as long as both haven't made an action yet) as a dual striker (support) and he hasn't moved yet, switch his weapon to Silver Lance so he can actually hit Saizo as he can possibly miss the follow-up with Siegfried. If one of your Peri/Laslow units along with one of your Xanders (who should have started the following Dual Strike) KO Saizo, target Ryoma next. Make sure that your other Xander has Silver Lance equipped still and that Laslow has his other blade (not Armorslayer) equipped. Have Laslow attack first (Xander follows up) then have your other Peri with Peri's Lance initiate another Dual Strike at a distance so one of your Xander's can follow up. If he lived, use Xander with Silver Lance to KO him. At this point you only have Kogoro left so have your remaining Laslow and Peri pair-up with Laslow as the lead (as he can tank 2 non-crit hits from Kogoro). Next turn, have both Xanders KO her in Dual Strikes (Silver Lance or Seigfried), if she lives by dodging, use Laslow to follow-up.

Most of the team is relatively easy, especially Ryoma, Takumi, Xander and Elise because of their OP weapons and god tier stats, you can literally play the map with 0 planning ahead and still win easily, while Camilla, Leo and Hinoka will require some strategy. Sakura will require an impeccable strategy and allows 0 mistakes or you can say goodbye to winning.

Because Sakura's team has below average Strength, most of the time, no one will be able to OTK any enemy, but they get bodied easily by almost everyone. Pairing up is definitely NOT good because you'll need all the characters to take out the enemy before they can retaliate. Subaki is a horrible, horrible character and only purpose he has is to nibble at the remaining HP, act as Sakura's vehicle to rush to a Dragon's Vein. Hana will be your attacker but she can be killed very very easily because RNG in this game is a troll and you'll most likely not dodge at 30% hit.

Most of the team is relatively easy, especially Ryoma, Takumi, Xander and Elise because of their OP weapons and god tier stats, you can literally play the map with 0 planning ahead and still win easily, while Camilla, Leo and Hinoka will require some strategy. Sakura will require an impeccable strategy and allows 0 mistakes or you can say goodbye to winning.

Because Sakura's team has below average Strength, most of the time, no one will be able to OTK any enemy, but they get bodied easily by almost everyone. Pairing up is definitely NOT good because you'll need all the characters to take out the enemy before they can retaliate. Subaki is a horrible, horrible character and only purpose he has is to nibble at the remaining HP, act as Sakura's vehicle to rush to a Dragon's Vein. Hana will be your attacker but she can be killed very very easily because RNG in this game is a troll and you'll most likely not dodge at 30% hit.

Sadly, Subaki is needed in some cases against the other teams.

*Only one that can defeat Xander because of Swordcatcher giving him enough power to muscle past Xander's high Defense stat. Losing Subaki before Xander is down means you'll lose against his team. He also makes fighting Laslow much easier (weapon advantage + bonus damage).

*Struggles against Hinata but if RNG blesses you and prevents Hinata from using Astra or crits, Subaki can possibly 2-3 HKO him with Swordcatcher without assistance.

Finally typing up the dialogue. S for Sakura, T for Subaki and H for Hana. RS for Rainbow Sage. Annabella is my avatar and * are the informational text boxes, like the ones used in *So and So reached S with So and So*.

S: W-wow! We won the battle. And it's all thanks to you two!

T: No, this is your victory.

T: We couldn't have triumphed without your flawless orders.

H: That's right! There's no finer master than Lady Sakura!

S: S-stop it, you two...

S: You're making me blush. This is so embarrassing!

RS: Interesting... So the victors represent the vitality and virtue of Hoshido.

S: Did you doubt us, Rainbow Sage?

RS: No, I can't say that I'm terribly surprised. Congratulations, nontheless.

RS: Now then, would you be so kind as to place your hands together?

S: OK...

RS: I, who forged the sacred blade...

RS: I, who committed the great sin...

RS: I, who wove the divine colors,

RS: I request a bold, new power!

RS: Excellent, it seems as though the ritual worked perfectly.

RS: Thanks to your extraordinary victory, new objects of power have been born.

S: Umm, what are they?

RS: This is called a Seraph Robe, and the other is known as a Dread Scroll.

RS: They are proof of your party's triumph.

RS: I'm certain that they will be a great help to Annabella in the other world.

S: I'm so glad that I could be useful. Thank you, Rainbow Sage.

RS: No, I should be thanking you, Lady Sakura.

RS: Regardless of the path she follows, you and Annabella will always share a bond.

RS: Your feelings of Annabella will transcend the distance between worlds.

RS: Should you wish to grant her more power, come to me again.

RS: I will always be waiting.

*This Seraph Robe and Dread Scroll are courtesy of another world's Sakura.*

*You got Seraph Robe.*

*You got Dread Scroll.*

Sadly, Subaki is needed in some cases against the other teams.

*Only one that can defeat Xander because of Swordcatcher giving him enough power to muscle past Xander's high Defense stat. Losing Subaki before Xander is down means you'll lose against his team. He also makes fighting Laslow much easier (weapon advantage + bonus damage).

*Struggles against Hinata but if RNG blesses you and prevents Hinata from using Astra or crits, Subaki can possibly 2-3 HKO him with Swordcatcher without assistance.

Only reason he's slightly useful is because of his Swordcatcher, and he's even crappy using it. Only part he'll be useful is to attack Hinata's HP and pray he doesn't miss, attack Ryoma to nibble his HP, and then attack Xander only once because once Xander switches to lance, Subaki becomes virtually useless but then by the time you got to this part, no other character is a threat anymore so it's alright.

Laslow will die by 1 attack cycle from Hana without having Subaki hit him.

You know, if they did a better job at balancing the teams, this DLC wouldn't be so frustrating, imagine instead of a Silver Bow, Sakura gets a Shining Bow instead, things will be a lot different.

Only reason he's slightly useful is because of his Swordcatcher, and he's even crappy using it. Only part he'll be useful is to attack Hinata's HP and pray he doesn't miss, attack Ryoma to nibble his HP, and then attack Xander only once because once Xander switches to lance, Subaki becomes virtually useless but then by the time you got to this part, no other character is a threat anymore so it's alright.

Laslow will die by 1 attack cycle from Hana without having Subaki hit him.

You know, if they did a better job at balancing the teams, this DLC wouldn't be so frustrating, imagine instead of a Silver Bow, Sakura gets a Shining Bow instead, things will be a lot different.

Subaki was actually pretty lucky in my RR runs. Only Peri (in Xander's team) targetted him (and kept missing him with the Steel Axe). Laslow switched to the lead to attack Sakura (failed to KO her and her clone). Subaki (with Dual Strikes from the clone and vise-versa) managed to down Xander (who missed twice with 80%). Sakura kept activating Miracle so neither her or her clone got defeated (Miracle + Renewal too OP?). Hinata died to Astra-Crit Hana in one turn, same happened to poor Ryoma. Effie never hit Dual Katana Hana, same went for Azama when Hana had her unique Katana. Camilla and Hinoka died to Sakura and her clone in 1-2 hits. Selena went down to Hana's Astra. Again, Hana soloed Leo and Takumi's teams, while also beating Elise, Kagero and Arthur. The only characters who made my Sakura team struggle was Belka (abused her advantages against Hana) and Saizo (his personal skill and his weapons made me soft-reset 10 times due to RNG). Everyone else wasn't that hard to beat using a rather below-average tier team in the DLC RR.

• 1 month later...