Let's Talk About Royal Royale

Vyse

Just beat Elise on Lunatic Classic (if difficulty even matters).

Yeah, this map is down to using Dragon Vein's and knowing all about Attack and Guard Stances. Our hero, Effie (Arthur is a sidekick) practically handles everything her way, provides she manages to get the hit in first. Elise is excellent at freezing enemies and healing up your party. My main goal was to reach the bottom left of the map to make use of the Fire Orb and camp out, and that's how I got my victory (although we mainly fought our enemies in the field instead of tanking).

Here's my general turn-by-turn play in the run I just finished, alongside some general advice. Note that these strats are not 100% foolproof as there is some RNG involved, so manage your risks carefully, and I may have recalled some events incorrectly despite just finishing a few hours previous.

Kill Order: Camilla // Takumi, Sakura, Leo // Ryoma // Hinoka, Xander

1: All buffs go to Effie (Magic goes to Elise, of course).

2: Remember, you can trade and attack in the same turn, useful if you have a full inventory with a lead unit.

3: Know the ins and out of replicated units. They share HP, buffs, and debuffs, but only the real characters get support bonuses. The Guard Stance meter is also different.

4: Remember to use Attack Stance every now and then. You can make up the "lost stats" by using those temporary item buffs, they are there for a reason! (This also applies to the Beach DLC)

5: Remember that Dragon's Vein acts as a Freeze Staff. Not only are they immobile, but they also suffer -20 Avoid (you get +20 Hit when attacking them!)

6: Your general objective, with Elise, is to go south to the Fire Orb Fortress. Eliminate all opposition.

7: Remember, Elise can fight too. Don't be shy using Elise as an offensive unit and have her take a hit if she can get a kill, she's not that fragile of a princess!

Turn 1: Give Effie Goddess Icon, use the icon, prepare for turn 2. Do not activate Dragon's Vein yet.

Turn 2: Position Effie+Arthur in range of Camilla (on the edge). Position Elise next to Effie.

Turn 3: RNG Time. If you positioned correctly, you will be able to kill Beruka with Elise with Effie's support. Otherwise, it'll be a reset. // Damage Camilla with Effie.

Turn 4: Activate Dragon's Vein with Elise (who will likely be near death.) Use Replicate!Arthur with a Tomahawk to break the Guard Stance, kill Selena and Camilla with Effies. Use Replicate!Elise and heal up with her personal staff, you'll need that inventory space.

Phase one done. Phase two is the hardest, in my opinion, and here's when things get a little more general.

1: You will likely have to deal with Takumi's forces and the incoming Sakura force at roughly the same time. Also, to make matters worse, Leo and company will make a move and head towards your position while you are cleaning up. To solve this, use Dragon's Vein. Positioning will be key.

2: Your forces will be clumped together save for Replicate!Elise. Park her on the northern Dragon's Vein just west of the river, that vein will save your life. (Doing this one act allowed me to run the rest of the map blind and successfully prevail.)

3: Focus on taking down Takumi's forces first as Sakura and company are mainly just annoying insects. Keep in mind Hinata's personal skill, Triple Threat, so you don't accidentally take damage that could have been avoided. Feel free to take down Subaki when he arrives, Hana may get herself killed during the enemy phase, leaving only Sakura left for her team.

Takumi: Blame Takumi, for he will make you cry and weep. Arguably, against Elise, he is the strongest force on the map to contend with as there is no real OHKO, and Takumi cares not for terrain and will hunt you down. Make sure he's out in the open and not on terrain, or you will have a rough time taking him down.

Oboro: Dangerous because her Defense Seal, but manageable.

Hinata: Dangerous because of Triple Threat and when on the offensive, but otherwise can be managed.

Subaki: "Perfect" cannon fodder. One shot him with Beast Killer, preferably with Replicate!Effie

Hana: She may have some Dodge, but you can one shot her as she clinks against the mobile wall known as Effie.

Sakura: The most dangerous and perhaps annoying to deal with due to her dodge rates and Silence staff.

Leo: You will likely have to use Dragon's Vein or try to tank his hit, but Leo is easily defeated with Beast Killer.

Odin: Hit him first before he hits you and you will be okay. You may need to use the real Effie+Arthur team instead of the replicated one for that small support bonus.

Niles: Has a Shining Bow (1-2 Range) and is likely the most dangerous individual on Leo's team. Luckily, if you can land a hit with the real Effie, you may be able to one shot him.

After this insanity, take a breather and continue south. You next objective is Ryoma and his ninjas. Dragon's Vein is invaluable here as not only you prevent them from moving, but you also make them all easier to hit as well. Set up your kills and watch as they vanish into the night. You now have claim to the Fire Orb Fortress!

Now, the rest of the map is practically easy as Hinoka and Xander come to you. Use the Fire Orb as you see fit with Replicate!Elise, use Beast Killer on the mounted units, and watch as Hinoka and even the mighty Xander fall to your forces.

Hinoka: Beast Killer. That is all. Warning: Bolt Naginata

Setsuna: Easy to deal with, especially if you have a spare Dragon's Vein around. I never went to the eastern side of the map after claiming the fortress as my own.

Azama: Grant him divine punishment with Elise. Finish him off if necessary.

Xander: Fire Orb and Beast Killer, or just general Weaken + Beast Killer. Effie can tank his hits easy.

Laslow: A little more difficult to deal with, but will likely be the last enemy you slay. He is a lover, not a fighter, after all.

Peri: Beast Killer. That is all.

I beat the map in about 20 turns. The hardest part for Elise (at least for me) is dealing with the Takumi, Sakura and Leo assault. Everything else was relatively easy compared to that.

Edited by Sire

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sire, I may have done things differently with Team Elise, but that was the most beautiful thing I've ever read.

ANYWAY, just beat this with Takumi after a few tries & with Elise on the first go. once you know how the AI moves it's pretty straightforward. just gotta make use of guard stancing & know when to attack stance, I found.

Have a small tip:Try to kill Lobster Lord when no one support him

Impossible, Lobster Lord is our Lord and Savior. It's blasphemy to even think of doing such a thing.

I've been able to win as Ryoma. It's not difficult, but random crits and the two retainer's poison skills helped out a lot. I went and took out Camilla first, not that big of an issue. Then camped and waited for Elise, Sakura, Takumi, and Leo. Kagero got taken out at some point. ( Odin's BS vengeance ) from there, Hinoka and Xander weren't too much of an issue. I baited out Setsuna and then took out Hinoka. Azama attacked but didn't kill. Then it was easy pickings with Xander. Took out Peri first ( sting shuriken ) and then Xander, and finally Laslow. I guess a bit of luck is required, but it wasn't too bad. I'll try others tonight. Good luck everyone! I need these items for my lunatic classic run ( accidentally deleted my file when I was on chapter 20 of revelation grinding supports ugh )

Lord. I'm on Team Sakura, killed everyone besides Ryoma/Xander's teams. Xander is literally impossible to beat. I think it's just my luck, but he gets 3 percent crits, and just a normal attack of his does 20+ damage. Subaki only does 8. I could try and reset the rng by pairing up, since that worked when I was trying to get Sakura to hit Hinoka but since both bros are chasing after me...

And Hana. PLEASE. Crit. You can take Peri without critting, yeah. But WE NEED Astra + crits on Xander. In fact, I don't think she can even deal any damage to Xander. And Sakura's sitting at a small 10 STR after the Silver Bow uses... Ryoma's kind of easy to beat but please. xander. please. im begging u. i will marry u if u dont kill any members of my team. No one has died so far and I'm planning to keep it that way. love me xander sry 4 killing ur siblings

Lord. I'm on Team Sakura, killed everyone besides Ryoma/Xander's teams. Xander is literally impossible to beat. I think it's just my luck, but he gets 3 percent crits, and just a normal attack of his does 20+ damage. Subaki only does 8. I could try and reset the rng by pairing up, since that worked when I was trying to get Sakura to hit Hinoka but since both bros are chasing after me...

And Hana. PLEASE. Crit. You can take Peri without critting, yeah. But WE NEED Astra + crits on Xander. In fact, I don't think she can even deal any damage to Xander. And Sakura's sitting at a small 10 STR after the Silver Bow uses... Ryoma's kind of easy to beat but please. xander. please. im begging u. i will marry u if u dont kill any members of my team. No one has died so far and I'm planning to keep it that way. love me xander sry 4 killing ur siblings

Sakura's team suddenly turns the difficulty into Lunatic+. I'll link to my relevant post pointing towards some possible strats for Xander, with some edits...

4) Next comes the second major hurdle for Sakura's team: XANDER. The thing is this guy is a beast with 33 DEF while paired up with Laslow. Remind yourselves that Sakura has 19 base STR, Subaki has 19 base STR, and Hana has 24 base STR. None of their classes really raise a lot of STR upon pair-up either. Xander on the other hand deals ~20+ damage to these goons. I don't really have reliable strats for this, but here are some starting points.

- Feed Hana the Energy Drop from Ryoma pls!

- Isolating Peri from Xander is probably wise. If they both attack Sakura's team on the same team, chances are they're screwed. Use Freeze Dragon Veins on the upper half of the map as necessary.

- Abuse the crap out of the Swordcatcher while not getting Subaki killed.. Also, it's best to lure Xander into instead using his lance: he'll switch weapons if Subaki gets in 1-range with Xander, then a dragon vein is used to freeze him. Then Hana can use the crap out of her Dual Katana. At least Xander has low SPD so that. If they make good use of the weapon triangle, chances are they will avoid getting Hit by Xander. Also, if Xander uses his lance, he can no longer attack from range, so Sakura can chip in as well.

- The slightly difficult part that comes after getting rid of Xander is dealing with Laslow.

- Peri alone makes good prey for Hana's Dual Katana.

Edited by Aggro Incarnate

So I only had Ryoma to deal with when playing with Leo's team but he managed to kill each and every one of them by himself, didn't help that before Kagero died she dies could tank some attacks from all of them and Poison striked us and I had no more healing to deal with him.

So basically Leo's team is all about Player Phase because apart from Leo his retainers are squishy.

-Dealt with Sakura's team in turn 3 by using the dragon vein directly south to where they start, Subaki is dead by Niles, Hana by Leo tanking one of her hits and attacking with the Nohrian Blade and finishing it off with either retainer and Sakura was easy since you just had to attack from up-close.

-Elise's team was easy since they are all separated, you start running a bit to the middle but don't agro Takumi's team yet since he will move soon but you don't want to take out his team + Effie all together. Elise has to be hit first by physical to be weakened and that will be Leo's job with the sword while paired with a Niles since Elise is VERY fast, then probably finish her up with a attack stance and hope for good hit rates, Arthur will probs be out quickly with magic so no worries as long as you get the jump on him but meanwhile the real problem is Effie and her Wary Fighter(?). She was in turn 7, the turn where Takumi starts to move EXACTLY right out of their range so I had to send out the Replica Leo to go for the DV near where Hinoka was, meanwhile with Effie I could only attack her with Niles since he had a 100% chance of hitting with the Shining Bow and taking exactly half her damage since her skill wouldn't let me double her, then finish her off with any of the other dudes.

-Takumi's team you have to kill them all in one go, his Fujin bow can take out all of Leo's team easily. Takumi I dealt by using Attack stance of Brynhildr and Odin's Grimoire to finish him off one hit then afterwards since neither Oboro nor Hinata have two range weapons abuse that and try to Attack Stance them and they will be done.

-Hinoka's team, I dragged Hinoka/Setsuna away by pairing up Leo with Niles for the extra defense and due to the fact that Niles is the only one out of that team that is fast enough to not get doubled by any of them. Hinoka will move but change to Setsuna since she doesn't want to get killed, you probably won't kill her with Niles since she also has great speed and decent Res but here is where you change to Leo and hope to have had kill her off since Azama probably healed her. Hinoka afterwards is killed easily with Replica Niles and Azama has very poor chances of hitting any of your magic dudes due to his Dual Naginata so Odin and the other replicas can deal with him.

-Camilla's team, basically Dragon Vein them, snipe Camilla and Beruka with Niles and his Replica, Selena can be dealt with all of the other's up and personal since she is wielding the Blessed Bow.

-Xander, this is where things get difficult Peri and him both have 1-2 range weapons so they are a force to be dealt with. Deal with Peri first but be careful since her Lance has a lot of crit on it, I basically relied on Odin's crit chances versus her's, he won. So since my team was near the mountains and Xander/Laslow were still a thing but Dragon Veined and the chances to kill Xander with ANYONE in the team were insta KO I had them climb the mountain to get the upper hand. I had decided to attack Xander with Niles paired with someone,forgot who, and he didn't die neither did Niles but both were injured afterwards it was Leo's turn to attack his brother using Niles as Attack Stance to kill him off and it worked, Laslow is next but he was easilly killed by the Odin.

-Ryoma... I hate you bro, the only remaining DVs were to the left of where he started at and this was basically a dash to them since he was already halfway to the top.

Hint: Niles as a buddy gives +1 Mov and Odin can walk in the desert.

Anywho, Saizo was the first to go since his Resistance isn't really the best, the real problem was Kagero, there was no way for me to kill her off in one go since she has decent Res and is also quite fast, at that point after her I had no healing since her Poison Strike really didn't help but eventually she was out but Ryoma... he wiped my team completely, I was so sure of myself but ouch, all the chances to hit him were horrible, sure I probably could've gotten him with some good positioning but I had no more Dragon Vein and he was going to kill Odin regardless since he was in the range after killing Kagero so I tried to see my chances against him and almost none of them had a good hitting percentage, to make this short he killed my team one by one everytime I tried to kill him off first and hope for some good RNG but it didn't help.

Now that I think of it I probably could've ran to the mountains with Niles and finish him off since he had 12 hp left with some Attack Stance shenanigans but meh... also forgive any typos you may find, I am typying this on a phone and I'm very tired.

Edited by FireRuby14

Yesterday I tried to win with Leo's team. I never stood a chance against Elise. I understand Nile's Bow, but why the Shinning Bow?
Anyway, I lost a second with Leo's team.

Tried it twice with Ryoma. Won the third time! I had to give every stat booster to him, except the Seraph Robe, I give that to Kagero.

I then tried it with Takumi....I don't understand why everywhere I go people say that his team is, "easy" and "great". I died a horrible death when Leo's team came over -.-;
I'm currently trying it again with his team.

Elise has a lot of Speed and Resistance two things that can make Leo's team keel over, that is why you must use to your advantage the fact that she run ahead and get the upper hand by attacking her with things that can actually hurt her like Leo's Nohrian Blade though you must make him able to tank Elise hits, they will never kill him by itself but the less damage taken the better.

So, I made an entire profile here and everything just to ask... how am I supposed to win as Hinoka's team? No one's really talking about it much so I figure I'll get it started. I'm going in order and trying to beat the DLC with everyone at least once, but I just can't do it with her team.

Hinoka's overall damage is kinda unimpressive, and because of her spear subtracting a little from defense and resistance, she can't take much damage. Speed's not a problem with her, but I still can't get her to dodge at all so I dunno. Not to mention positioning her is rough when she has to deal with archers.

Azama makes me really frustrated. Sure, he's got heals, and renewal, and enough defense to tank some hits, but with his only weapon being a Dual Naginata and his skill being sub-par, if you don't have weapon advantage then you will most likely not be hitting. He does do damage when he hits though, though it's usually not a double attack. Giving him the Bolt Naginata is an option, since he has more magic, but then you'll lose out on the double attacks that Hinoka provides.

Setsuna is your main form of damage, because she will almost always hit each shot and hit high, but that doesn't do much for you when she's sitting at nine defense most of the time. She gets killed by counter-attacks most of the time for me, and I've found that most of my resets are because she gets killed way too early.

And, topping things off, you get a pretty unfortunate spawn. Stuck between Xander's danger zones, Leo's danger zones, and a charging Sakura right off the bat isn't too fun, especially when your team can't take hits well and your royal sibling is a flier. The worst part of it all is that Effie usually ends up moving with Takumi's team, and if they mix together, you're pretty much losing a unit for sure.

Maybe I'm just doing things wrong or taking the wrong approach, but I'm about twenty-five resets in and can't get past Takumi's team. Anyone got any ideas or tips?

Well I beat it with Takumi's team! That whole "abuse the mountain" thing? Yeah, toss that out the window. It works fine to beat Effie, but not for the other royals.
I played ring around the rosey with Peri xD

Ryoma's team basically plays itself. Ryoka and Kagero are worldbeaters while Saizo,the worst of the three, would be MVP if he was on any other team. Ninjas are OP. The only problem I had was against Xander, who takes a lot of punishment and 2hkos you If he hits. Saizo with the Flame Shuriken does respectable damage.

I can not, for the love of God, beat the DLC with Sakura's team, I'm trying to get all the boosters in the game I can get, so I tried to finish with all characters.

Ryoma was super easy because Raijinto is just overpowered, and 2 ninjas to soften the target and Kagero with Sting Shuriken wrecks Effie. Beat it on my first try

Takumi was also easy because Fujin Yumi is super broken and Oboro debuffs the heck out of everything. Also on my first try

Hinoka was slightly harder because her team kinda sucks and their damage is kind of subpar. About on the 10th try

Xander was also easy, lost only Laslow in the end. 2nd try

Camilla was slightly harder because crappy hitrates against Ryoma. 4th try

Leo was also easy but risky, because of crappy hitrates, I often make him attack from adjacent space, so risk getting killed. About 5th try

Elise was super easy because of Freeze, high attack power and Effie. 3rd try

Now Sakura, oh my god, she can NOT do anything at all, and her retainers are relatively weak and can get one shot by many things. Subaki can't damage anything, rarely is he useful against Hinata with Sword Catcher and act as Sakura's mount to rush to a DV. Hana is unreliable, can't OTK anything without relying on her skills or crits. And Sakura just sucks overall, low hit rate, weak as hell healing, and only a Silence staff, which is only helpful right at the beginning to beat Leo's team. I've resetted over 100 times already trying to beat her chapter, closest I got is beating Leo, Hinoka, Elise and Takumi before Camilla rushed in and 2x 22 damage to Subaki.

Starting to give up now, I think I might've broke my 3ds start button from mashing it so much

I can not, for the love of God, beat the DLC with Sakura's team, I'm trying to get all the boosters in the game I can get, so I tried to finish with all characters.

Starting to give up now, I think I might've broke my 3ds start button from mashing it so much

There are other sources of permanent statboosters in the game such as the lottery, Museum Melee DLC, random drops from challenge battles, and potentially the village in the Ballistician's Trial DLC.

There are other sources of permanent statboosters in the game such as the lottery, Museum Melee DLC, random drops from challenge battles, and potentially the village in the Ballistician's Trial DLC.

I'm a perfectionist and try to get everything possible in the game

For me the relative difficulty was Elise<Ryoma<Takumi<Leo<Xander<Camilla<Hinoka<<<<<<Sakura. Yes Sakura's team is a pain because of their low damage output, poor initial positioning (considering aggro-ing turns) and fragility.

I have some ideas for Sakura's team listed in Page 3, but it's not a step-by-step, RNG proof by strat by any means. If someone has strats that don't rely on Crits or Hana's Astra please let me know :)

Edited by Aggro Incarnate

I tried to follow Oudemia's strategy on Youtube, she completed Sakura's chapter with all characters still alive, but halfway there, I realized, the reason she got so far with the strategy is because of that one critical Sakura got on Arthur, allowing Arthur to die and be left with Effie, which Hana could easily kill with 100% dodge, but there's only 9% chance of Sakura getting a crit, but with Arthur not dead, Hana can't OTK him and thus can't use her Dual Katana to kill Effie cos of Arthur's axe

I tried to follow Oudemia's strategy on Youtube, she completed Sakura's chapter with all characters still alive, but halfway there, I realized, the reason she got so far with the strategy is because of that one critical Sakura got on Arthur, allowing Arthur to die and be left with Effie, which Hana could easily kill with 100% dodge, but there's only 9% chance of Sakura getting a crit, but with Arthur not dead, Hana can't OTK him and thus can't use her Dual Katana to kill Effie cos of Arthur's axe

Can't you unpair Sakura with Tsubaki and get one more attack thanks to him?

I'm looking at the video to see if there's anything I can do to help.