Which of the new classes do you want to see continue?

Seanp12

I'm guessing most of the Hoshido classes will either be gone or will only ever reappear with a more European style that fits the settings of most FE games, but I like the ninja class, and I would like to see it continue somehow anyway. As a matter of fact, I'd say I'd like both of the basic hidden weapons classes to return (ninja and maid/butler).

Edited by Seanp12

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing most of the Hoshido classes will either be gone or will only ever reappear with a more European style that fits the settings of most FE games, but I like the ninja class, and I would like to see it continue somehow anyway. As a matter of fact, I'd say I'd like both of the basic hidden weapons classes to return (ninja and maid/butler).

I feel like Maid/Butler will return, as well as maybe Malig Knight, I see most of the Nohrian Classes returning since there weren't many which were new in the first place. As for Hoshido, I do think that Onmiyoji & Basara are kinda at risk, as much as I do want to see them come back, Onimiyoji is far to similar to Sage and Basara will most likely get a massive overhaul if it does return later on down the line. Kinshi Knight is a really nice class which I can see getting a western design change, and we could see Apothecary come back, it isn't too Eastern-y.

Ninja is my top one without a doubt, the stat drops mechanic is such a great addition. Maid and Butler too for similar reasons, I dunno there's no new class in this game that I hate really.

Inevitably not all of them will make a return so yeah I'd say Ninja, I really like Maid/Butler too but we already have a lot of healing classes anyway.

Edited by Rxmonste

Definitely the beast classes.It is nice having promoting stone users.

I would also like to see Master of Arms return so we can have a foot unit Great Knight. Apothecary also.

For Nohrian classes, while I see most of them staying, Outlaw was good, as is Adventurer. Alongside them, Maid/Butler and Malig Knight are also some I would like to see.

Spear fighter/Oni line/Golden kites are all pretty cool, better generals/pretty cool take on WR/BOWBIRD are all nice additions.

So pretty much every hoshidian class that isn't a re-skin of "the worst combat units in FE history ft birds"

I like Ninja as well, and Butler/Maid. Master of Arms is another cool class (even though its crit animations are kinda lame). Spear Fighter is basically just Hoshido Soldier tbh.

Male Pegasus Knights need to stay imo, as do female Fighters.

I'd imagine the Path of Radiance Knife Sages will be what the Basara class would be reimagined as in future installments. Kinshi Knight should return. Flying projectile units are really cool.

Ones I want to see return:

-Ninja: knives are super-cool, and especially with their placement on the weapon triangle, they may great mage-killers.

-Kinshi Knight: Flying archer is something I've wanted to happen since I first played FE. Why wouldn't flying units use bows?

-Malig Knight: Definitely a big step up over Griffin Knight (I liked Dark Flier too), I like the mixed magic/physical classes.

-Outlaw line: thieves using bows is cool.

There's also Spear Fighter, but that's not really a new class, it's just the Tellius Halberdier line renamed. Same with Onmyoji/Sage.

The classes I could do without were a few of the Hoshidan ones which felt fillery, such as Blacksmith, Master of Arms, and the Apothecary line (especially Merchant). Their flavour felt weird to me and they didn't really serve any interesting niche gameplaywise.

Really, it depends on whether we'll get another Japanese themed kingdom or dual release next game. If they do go back to the purely European motifs, I agree that only the ninja line and maid/butler would return.

Their flavour felt weird to me and they didn't really serve any interesting niche gameplaywise.

Merchant gave me quite a bit of extra money which was useful for my Conquest playthrough. I couldn't get a Blacksmith with decent luck to make use of that though.

Edited by NeonZ

Oh right, Priestess class looks really cool and has great base stats. It's kinda like War Cleric, if War Cleric was actually good. Speaking of, I was a bit saddened by the lack of War Cleric in this game.

Also Mechanist is really cool design-wise, even if Golembane is a pretty lame skill and Replicate, by contrast, is rather overpowered.

The concept of dagger/staff with the maid/butler class will probably return. I think the idea of them being maids and butlers will change depending upon the regions lore or design. I can see Malig Knight staying as its overall a unique class, especially with axes and tomes. I really, really want Weapons Master to return, since I think its a really cool concept for a class, and I also want lance fighter to be a permanent return. We needed more non-mounted lance wielders.

EDIT: I also want to see the Priestess class return. I really like its design, and the bow/staff combo is really cool.

Edited by Tolvir

I'd like to see Ninja/Master Ninja and Malig Knight return, in some form, especially if they could make Malig Knight branch from a magic class too, for some actual magic wyvern types.

Also, I feel like I'm in the minority, and I know it's probably unrealistic, but I really never want to see maids/butlers again. They really kill my immersion with their ridiculousness. Like, armies should be composed of people at least tangentially related to being soldiers, with maybe the exception of the one bard/dancer, who is unusual even within the confines of the game. Meanwhile in Fates, Shura's gang of thugs has like, 8 Maids in it. Staff/dagger is a cool concept, but make them like, spies or something.

I'd like to see Ninja/Master Ninja and Malig Knight return, in some form, especially if they could make Malig Knight branch from a magic class too, for some actual magic wyvern types.

Also, I feel like I'm in the minority, and I know it's probably unrealistic, but I really never want to see maids/butlers again. They really kill my immersion with their ridiculousness. Like, armies should be composed of people at least tangentially related to being soldiers, with maybe the exception of the one bard/dancer, who is unusual even within the confines of the game. Meanwhile in Fates, Shura's gang of thugs has like, 8 Maids in it. Staff/dagger is a cool concept, but make them like, spies or something.

I don't want to see maids/butlers again either, but for different reasons. They seem really Fates-specific, ya know? Like, its Fates' THING. If they were in FE15 I'd just roll my eyes. It'd feel like they'd be trying to capitalize on Fates' popularity by copying things from it and hoping it works. I dunno. Its just kind of a unique class.

I never had much of a problem with immersion for maids or butlers. After all, they've had clerics and priests following the armies around for ages, and those non-soldier classes couldn't even defend themselves.

Besides, it's pretty clear in Fates that they're only partly servants, and the other part bodyguards. And I'm not certain I want them to drop the maid/butler theme for them. Or at least for butler. I find the butler animations amusing. The maids' animations are kinda meh, though.

Edited by Seanp12

Maid's animations annoy me to no end, but Butler is amazing. But yeah, the absurd number of maids that show up in enemy forces is more than a little weird. They should at least be a rare class, you know? And why are there never enemy butlers?

I wouldn't mind seeing Maid/Butlers return, but limit them to places where they make sense, like have one or two in manor hall maps, not in a gang of street toughs. Also, make them a base class instead of a promoted class. It seems odd that the servant girl is more powerful than a cavalier for example. The promoted version could be called a majordomo or something like that.

Maid's animations annoy me to no end, but Butler is amazing. But yeah, the absurd number of maids that show up in enemy forces is more than a little weird. They should at least be a rare class, you know? And why are there never enemy butlers?

Maybe so Charlotte's personal skill has a point?

The only problem with maids being a base class is that they use both staves and daggers. No other base class uses staves + anything, and cavaliers are pretty much the only base class of any kind that uses more than one weapon type anyway.

Edited by Seanp12

I want Oni Chieftain but with more HP and Skill

Why the fuck does it only have 10% HP is going to be baffling to me

Also: with Blacksmith's design

Edited by Thor Odinson

Every enemy class is gender-locked when it comes to generics. The Troubadour and Sky Knight class trees are female, everything else (I think?) are male. It cuts down on enemy designs which the game has to create, but does feel lazy. It's also pretty silly when the only three Nohrian wyvern riders are women (Percy's not really a Nohrian considering where he was raised), but all the generic ones are men.

Re Arms Master, I like the idea! But make them a damn master of their weapons, don't just give them two E ranks (and cap two of their ranks at B!). There aren't many things I want to see the series take back from Shadow Dragon/New Mystery, but one of those would be having some classes have base WExp: Arms Master should be one such, if it comes back. As is it just isn't practical to make use of the full triangle when your base ranks are so bad.