Realistic depiction of Fire Emblem

*Haku

Has anyone ever pondered what it would look like if you gave a character 5 (4 or 8 depending on the game) weapons and then give a realistic depiction on what it would be like to carry 5 weapons.

Like imagine giving Azura 5 lances/naginatas. then someone drew her carrying all 5 spears.

Or give Leo 5 tomes and then watch him try to carry all five books xD

this is an example xD http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150430233351/cardfight/images/6/6e/Lily_Danmachi.png

I've often thought about this too. For example, to the Dark Blood design I considered adding a place to 'holster' MU's tome to the right of her hip. I've only really just started the process of figuring out where people would store things on their being or mounts, but I did decide (from a writing stand point) that during travel everyone would have to carry items. I guess for somebody like Leo (Dark Knight), I would assume that there would be saddle bags or holsters for tomes on their mounts that they can use to store tomes and switch between during battle. I also imagine that to be similar for troubadours, strategists, dark falcons, etc. Magic classes like a sorcerer may be able to levitate an extra tome around them or simply holster a spare. But I can't imagine any unit carrying 5 of anything except during transport scenarios in all honesty. XD

If anyone knows how a person would secure an extra lance or spear to their mount I'd love to know about it.

I'm not exactly sure how Azura would carry 5 lances around... haha, it makes for a funny thought.

[sorry about any weird grammar, super tired when I wrote this ^^'].

I also thought the Sorcerors just made their tomes float around them. They can already levitate as evidenced by the critical animation. Horseback units that use staves and tomes probably have holsters and pouches on their mount, though they probably have to carry things like staffs and swords. As for having more than one weapon, like a unit that can use Tomes/Axes/Whatever at the same time, I just assumed they had like a metric crap-ton of holsters on their person. Sword at the waist, axe/lance on the back kind of thing.

Or they use hammer space. Reach behind your back and pull it out your crack, as I always say.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

For some stupid reason, I also imagined the convoy in FE was like the horse and carriage in Dragon Quest VIII. You can hear the noises of the carriage wheels and the horse neighing but, when you look behind you, they aren't there.

So, basically, an invisible horse and carriage. It always follows Corrinmui and, because it always follows them, they are the only one that knows where it is so that's why you have to talk to them during battle to access it.

If going by the Drama CDs means anything to you, when it comes to tomes it's just one book with all the spells in it. Possible two books if you want to use dark magic. As for the melee weapons they just carry one, or so it seems at least.

Speaking of which I probably should watch that FE OVA.

Edited by FoliFF

Guys, I've figured out how the convoy and inventory works

[spoiler=The Unsung Heroes of Fire Emblem]

Each unit has one of these guys following them. The lord gets more than one

c9446e8d64675ee8b459160cc40d3ae7.jpg

I actually feel like this makes so much sense to be honest. XD

Can't see the picture man, but Oliver is a villain, and villains are for the most part ugly in this series. Like, comically so.

In all seriousness though, drawings tend to be far more flattering than real life would be, as it's hard to make a character look flat-out ugly without taking it to ridiculous extremes. I imagine Gonzalez and Benny would be less attractive than their portraits make them appear, but the portraits themselves are more ugly-cute than anything else. As for hygiene matters, I'm not above just writing it off with 'a wizard did it'. If they can use books to summon fire and lightning and other such things, I'm not going to put it above the series to have magical means of producing water a la Decanter of Endless Water or converting moisture in the atmosphere into liquid water. Fates in particular has My Castle as an excuse, so Corrin and Co. probably have access to baths and hygiene supplies through that.

In all seriousness though, drawings tend to be far more flattering than real life would be, as it's hard to make a character look flat-out ugly without taking it to ridiculous extremes. I imagine Gonzalez and Benny would be less attractive than their portraits make them appear, but the portraits themselves are more ugly-cute than anything else. As for hygiene matters, I'm not above just writing it off with 'a wizard did it'. If they can use books to summon fire and lightning and other such things, I'm not going to put it above the series to have magical means of producing water a la Decanter of Endless Water or converting moisture in the atmosphere into liquid water. Fates in particular has My Castle as an excuse, so Corrin and Co. probably have access to baths and hygiene supplies through that.

I know I know, I wasn't being that serious, nor do I advocate making a lot more people uglier for the sake of realism; people have preferred making art of pretty people ever since art became a thing. And here we are now, thousands of years later, admiring hot anime studs and girls in miniskirts with enough strength to suplex grown armored men with ease (well, almost).

Edited by Thane

I know I know, I wasn't being that serious, nor do I advocate making a lot more people uglier for the sake of realism; people have preferred making art of pretty people ever since art became a thing. And here we are now, thousands of years later, admiring hot anime studs and girls in miniskirts with enough strength to suplex grown armored men with ease (well, almost).

On that note, I'd like to mention that Azura has the same base strength growth as Xander; higher than that of Arthur, Benny, Rinkak, Hinoka and Ryoma. Because Anime.

On that note, I'd like to mention that Azura has the same base strength growth as Xander; higher than that of Arthur, Benny, Rinkak, Hinoka and Ryoma. Because Anime.

And about negative growths in Defense and HP. Seriously, what happened there?

And about negative growths in Defense and HP. Seriously, what happened there?

She's pretty obviously a glass cannon/fragile speedster. Here are her growths as a Samurai (the traditional fragile but hurty class)

HP- 35

Str- 60

Mag- 25

Skl- 75

Spd- 80

Lck- 55

Def- 15

Res- 45

And that's as a base class mind you.

Edited by Phillius

I guess they just took a hint from Link...unless they just store their weapons in another dimension. I mean why the hell not? They already throw their kids in them.

For some reason this made me laugh out loud XD

Anyway, I always thought that the hammerspace convoy was a great addition. I always hated the Merlinus style of convoy, so tedious. Ill take convenience over tedium any day.

While on the topic of realism, where do swordmasters get the second sword from with certain weapons? Its always hammerspace.