Vanguard Dawn DLC Comes Today, Prepare to Fight for Your Friends

Shadow Knight

12:05pm EST, still not updating. Nintendo pls, I want to fight for my friends.

I know.

All I am doing is restarting my save over and over again in hopes it updates.

Edited by tjoracer

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure who I'm going to make a Vanguard. I really wish it wasn't gender-locked.

Yeah, but can you actually picture any females in that class? I can't! It's just too manly! lol

But I totally forgot this was coming out. I actually don't feel like getting it right this second, but I definitely will eventually! Probably in my Revelation run since my Birthright file is nearly complete (still haven't yet redone chapter 27 and re-attempted the Endgame...).

XD maybe they could have given us Mist's valkyrie class for the ladies because mounted swordswoman who heals would have been awesome.

edit: Or Elincia's swords and staves on pegasus class.

Edited by iavasechui

Yeah, but can you actually picture any females in that class? I can't! It's just too manly! lol

But I totally forgot this was coming out. I actually don't feel like getting it right this second, but I definitely will eventually! Probably in my Revelation run since my Birthright file is nearly complete (still haven't yet redone chapter 27 and re-attempted the Endgame...).

Eh, maybe Charlotte. We finally got female Berserkers. Heck, maybe my avatar. I'm 5'11", so I might be able to pull it off. Though I can see it staying gender locked if it's more for steroid Ike cosplay.

Truth be told, I hope the bride class returns. Taking the battlefield in a wedding dress just strikes my fancy for some reason. I had a courthouse wedding so never really had the chance for a dream wedding, but would long a medieval theme if we ever renew our vows. I just hope they have a better dress this time. I'm not a fan of the diaphanous front skirt thing the Awakening one had.

XD maybe they could have given us Mist's valkyrie class for the ladies because mounted swordswoman who heals would have been awesome.

edit: Or Elincia's swords and staves on pegasus class.

I flying sword wielded would be great. It would be nice to have a flying avatar that can still wield Yato.

Eh, maybe Charlotte. We finally got female Berserkers.

Yeah, and they both look like garbage, imo... I mean, I get that Charlotte is actually supposed to be seductive or something, but she still could've had a better design and I don't get why she's even a Fighter. It doesn't seem like it fits her character to me. Someone more like Rinkah would've been better. Heck, Rinkah basically is a Fighter herself, just Hoshido style and with a different name for her class.

Yeah, and they both look like garbage, imo... I mean, I get that Charlotte is actually supposed to be seductive or something, but she still could've had a better design and I don't get why she's even a Fighter. It doesn't seem like it fits her character to me. Someone more like Rinkah would've been better. Heck, Rinkah basically is a Fighter herself, just Hoshido style and with a different name for her class.

A manipulative gold-digger who is a crude and savage person underneath doesn't fit the bill for a female fighter?

Also, her Berserker design is a lot more modest than her fighter one, FYI.

A manipulative gold-digger who is a crude and savage person underneath doesn't fit the bill for a female fighter?

I'm specially fond of her Berserker outfit, since Berserker are named after bears and it looks like she's wearing bearskin.

And fighter class is very fitting for Charlotte considering her personality

Also, I'm looking foward to this map!

Is the boss an axe-wielding General? Like Ludveck?

Edited by Water Mage

I'm specially fond of her Berserker outfit, since Berserker are named after bears and it looks like she's wearing bearskin.

And fighter class is very fitting for Charlotte considering her personality

Also, I'm looking foward to this map!

Is the boss an axe-wielding General? Like Ludveck?

Yes! There are two more bosses as well, though.

Berserkers in this game wear battle "panties," as BOTH genders, what are you talking about? :/

And that personality fits a Mercenary/Hero more than a Fighter to me.

Finally got out of class and got the Vanguard Brand. Used it right away and I immediately got results. My Max press is now over 500 pounds, my muscle mass is about three times larger, and I swing around a BFS like it's child's play.

Screw the barefoot hipster Nohr/Hoshido wimpy nobles with all of their stupid ballerina twirls and flips and cheap dragon transformations. Now I really feel like a lord.

Edited by Shadow Knight

Cool, gonna stick it on Ryoma later so he can get Aether. Do I want to make Ryoma more broken? Hell yes I do

Rinkah's ripped as fuck she could pull it off

also if we go ocs

Wrt Charlotte: girl can punch a Faceless into submission, based on that attack power alone fits Berserker fine enough for me.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Aether gets in the way of Awakening (skill) themed funzies. Low HP + Forged Mjolnir + Awakening + Vengence = Instant death to non-dragonskinned enemies.

I can imagine Ryoma preferring Vanguard thanks to his fragile class and cap. Oboro!Shiro for Ike pls

Rinkah's ripped as fuck she could pull it off

also if we go ocs

Wrt Charlotte: girl can punch a Faceless into submission, based on that attack power alone fits Berserker fine enough for me.

Okay, Rinkah's a rare exception, I'll give you that. :P

If that's a woman, that's a really unrealistic one. For one reason: women don't have men's bodies. I'd alter it to make the body actually a woman's. Meaning, give her boobs, less insanely broad shoulders and smaller muscles, and curves. Just my critique.

I know there are women who are actually flat (I'm close to it myself), but if you want this woman to not be mistaken for a man (which I did at first), she should definitely have boobs.

Edited by Anacybele