Best class for Corrin with Yato? (Revelations)

bunnynoah

I was wondering which class works best when Corrin has the Yato. Trying to make my main Revelations save (For pvp, dlc. ect.) Thanks!

Edit: I have access to all current dlc.

Edited by bunnynoah

I can't say for definitive, especially since I don't know your asset/flaw, but looking over the options, I'd say Hero (Str and Spd are brought up to about where you can double the more speed flawed enemies and inflict a lot of pain, where Defense makes them harder to kill and Res is made respectable), Swordmaster (sword specialty, and innate critical boost), Master Ninja (double everything, murder everything, make defense respectable), Lodestar (kinda like Swordmaster but different stat allocation), and Vanguard (powerhouse version of Hero).

At least I think so. I mean, every class benefits greatly from the Yato boost.

That's for the Omega Yato, right? Also, how good is the dread fighter?

I personally find dread fighter to be a really good class for Kamui.

It's basically a slightly stronger ninja with really good res. Having access to Shurikens as well as keeping your Yato usage and being able to patch up your resistance [if you're like me and constantly go -RES] is a really good exchange in all honesty. I'd recommend it.

What asset/flaw would you recommend for hero and vanguard?

For vanguard I'd recommend +speed since it has kind of mediocre speed. For Hero I'd recommend either +speed or strength just to make yourself more strong offensively since it's not weak in really any area besides magic or resistance.

Doesn't the Yato give +4 Str, +5 Spd, +3 Def and +3 Res for being a Katana?

From what I have seen, the standard Katana buffs/debuffs still apply to any Yato, when it is equipped. This is true for the BR and CQ Yatos (haven't played RV yet).

For example, when the Grim Yato was in my MU's inv, he got Def and Res +2. When he had it equipped, he received Spd +1, Def +1, Res +1.

This probably applies to the Alpha and Omega Yato as well, but I am not 100% sure.

From what I have seen, the standard Katana buffs/debuffs still apply to any Yato, when it is equipped. This is true for the BR and CQ Yatos (haven't played RV yet).

For example, when the Grim Yato was in my MU's inv, he got Def and Res +2. When he had it equipped, he received Spd +1, Def +1, Res +1.

This probably applies to the Alpha and Omega Yato as well, but I am not 100% sure.

This doesn't apply to the Omega Yato at all.

nYpAzv7.jpg

vs

74F1uGy.jpg

I can confirm that the regular katana buffs still apply to the Omega Yato when equipped, I just checked now

I can confirm that the regular katana buffs still apply to the Omega Yato when equipped, I just checked now

Wouldn't that mean that some stats should be +5 instead of the original +4? Last I checked the Omega ver. only gave you +4 into those stats, nothing more, nothing less. Is there something I'm missing???

Wouldn't that mean that some stats should be +5 instead of the original +4? Last I checked the Omega ver. only gave you +4 into those stats, nothing more, nothing less. Is there something I'm missing???

It gives +4 to those stats for being in your inventory. Since you are a Basara, you don't have it equipped. When it's equipped, it gives the regular katana bonuses +1 speed -1 defense and resistance.

It gives +4 to those stats for being in your inventory. Since you are a Basara, you don't have it equipped. When it's equipped, it gives the regular katana bonuses +1 speed -1 defense and resistance.

Ahhh, I see. I didn't know that, thanks :o

Yeah I never use the Yato late game [+MAG op] so that's probably why I never noticed it before ;;

Edited by Lemui

Swordmaster's a good class. Yato adds avoid and in revelations will cover the general low defense and str that swordmasters have. But Imo dreadfighter is the best. It provides a good balance all around protecting you from maj with its resistance. It's speed is very good but most of all it let's you use throwing knives/shuriken which are very useful. Think of it as a hero with more balance. As a Dread Fighter with maxed stats I was able to solo the last 6 maps on each path. I was always able to double the final bosses and any enemy who lacked wary fighter. I could oneshot 90% of enemies save for endgame Generals and the final boss. My boon was Str and my bane was luck. I was also pretty untouchable.

Edited by Shadow Knight

That's when it's in your inventory but not equipped. When it is equipped it has the same effects on stats other katanas have in addition to those.

Would Blacksmith be a good class for Yato and axe wielders ? I mean the Avatar is kinda forced to use a sword so might aswell use a class that uses it

It's pretty good if you want to favor using axes as well as being able to fall back on the Yato. If you are going to primarily use swords, you might as well just go Hero since it's near identical stat wise but has a better weapon rank for swords and has slightly better speed and skill.

Well im glad that im sticking with the Blacksmith then, its not that I dont hate Swords or anything, I find them preety cool but, good lord Axes have always been 'that weapon' , and they are my favorite weapons in video games in general

Anyway, I think I will either stay with Blacksmith or Vanguard because.... well... Vanguards are just badass looking and powerful... but I kinda hope next FE game we dont have a 'special weapon' for our MU so we dont need to stick with a specific kind of weapon