Concerning Bots (READ)

Metal Rabbit

Exxageration for comedic effect is something I do.

I was reffering to the fact that there could potentially be limitless attempts to post with bots, and I was reffering to the fact that you can only do this one at a time.

-_-

Just because people don't post, it doesn't mean they should be banned.

Well like, they aren't active at all either.

I mean, I have no problem with them, but like why do we keep them? They don't really seem to be interested.

Well like, they aren't active at all either.

I mean, I have no problem with them, but like why do we keep them? They don't really seem to be interested.

Well they are not exactly bothering us...plus I think the Mods/Admins would like to do other things then keeping an eye on newbies being active or not.

Allow me to explain a little about bots.

Bots are mostly used for advertisement for other sites or just as pranks to some. They register to forums and post things with links to other sites, and spam them in various places over time. Half the time inappropriate material.

The newer bots that are appearing on the internet are human assisted bots, where a bot gets stuck on email validation, or it can not get past something, a human takes over and helps the bot register, then allows it to continue its spree of spam and advertisement.

They are a problem through forums everywhere, and a lot started to appear on VB sites, and the VB hosts are trying to come up with more security solutions to help all forum providers stop these bots. The problem seems to escalate almost every month.

An active staff at this time is the best way to tackle them, and of course actively reporting members.