Keeping Chrom alive

jdb1984

Wait, did that actually happen? If it did, then damn, IS really put more thought in this than I expected.

lmao i'm so sorry I was just joking. Nah.

They do, however, get some nice discussions with Lissa. Really good.

I know that much. As well as Selena, Laslow, and Caeldori getting conversations with Chrom as well.

Guess I oughta look into those when I have the chance.

lmao i'm so sorry I was just joking. Nah.

That would have been hilariously awesome if they did that. Even if it doesn't make much sense overall.

Also, what makes me laugh the most about that whole DLC is the mention of tactics:

Chrom: Man, did you see those weird tactics they used?

Fred: I know, they totally couldn't dual strike when they were paired up!

That would have been hilariously awesome if they did that. Even if it doesn't make much sense overall.

Also, what makes me laugh the most about that whole DLC is the mention of tactics:

Lissa: Hey, how come you two couldn't dual strike or dual guard?

Chrom: Look, it's not that easy to explain...

Frederick: ...

Ha, even they know that pair up got noifed!

The conversation of JakobxFrederick is just the icing on the cake. If you don't let the latter head off to start impaling enemies before you can start the conversation.

What cake? I also had my Corrin talk to Frederick and Chrom as well, and despite the former being hilarious because BEAR MEAT again oh my gods lol I felt that the Frederick/Jakob convo was the best.

What cake? I also had my Corrin talk to Frederick and Chrom as well, and despite the former being hilarious because BEAR MEAT again oh my gods lol I felt that the Frederick/Jakob convo was the best.

Not literally, it's a saying. In the context of what I was trying to imply, while the entire DLC Xenologue could either be funny or frustrating, Jakob and Frederick's dialogue to each other is one of the only funny/best things about a DLC where one of your Allies will most likely end up killing themselves if you don't act fast enough.

If it makes anyone feel any better, you only get the seals once, and keeping everybody alive any additional times, still only gets you a pebble.

If it makes anyone feel any better, you only get the seals once, and keeping everybody alive any additional times, still only gets you a pebble.

A pebble is still a weapon even if you can't proc offensive trigger skills or critical-hit or possibly not be able to follow-up. *slays Hans and Iago with a random pebble* And amusingly even if you can't have the user follow-up, you can allow a lower level character to pick off the weakened enemy for the exp. Still, it doesn't help to repeat the DLC even after getting the seals just for fun just to see how much better you can perform each time you repeat it.

A pebble is still a weapon even if you can't proc offensive trigger skills or critical-hit or possibly not be able to follow-up. *slays Hans and Iago with a random pebble* And amusingly even if you can't have the user follow-up, you can allow a lower level character to pick off the weakened enemy for the exp. Still, it doesn't help to repeat the DLC even after getting the seals just for fun just to see how much better you can perform each time you repeat it.

The Pebble can be forged, however. I got a Pebble+4.

I guess you could give a powerful unit the Pebble, so they can't kill units so weaker units can finish them off for XP. That's about the only reason to use it, apart form the joke factor. Frederick should have given us some Bear Meat, that works like a Vulnerary.

The Pebble can be forged, however. I got a Pebble+4.

I guess you could give a powerful unit the Pebble, so they can't kill units so weaker units can finish them off for XP. That's about the only reason to use it, apart form the joke factor. Frederick should have given us some Bear Meat, that works like a Vulnerary.

Keeping Chrom alive? Use a slingshot since you can get infinite pebbles, just shoot the enemies.

Chrom's AI at least isn't like Leeroy Shiro Jenkins seeing how if Chrom can't attack any enemies if he's not in range, he'll just move adjacent to one of your nearby units if possible.

When do you see these lines?

When do you see these lines?

Those lines don't show up at all, it's just a fun fact that in Awakening, you could Dual Strike and Dual Guard while paired up but in Fates you can only Dual Guard while paired up as to Dual Strike you need to have a single un-paired unit be adjacent to another unit (the other unit can be paired up since it doesn't matter). So the lines went under the saying that Chrom and Frederick are confused and making fun of the characters from Fates for not being able to Dual Strike while paired-up when the game mechanics prevent Dual Strikes (unless you take a certain DLC/Enemy-only skill into account) like that. My response was something that Lissa would say seeing how she's a bit more sane than her older brother.

They don't actually say those lines. It's a joke because of how different Pair-up works in Fates when compared to in Awakening.

Those lines don't show up at all, it's just a fun fact that in Awakening, you could Dual Strike and Dual Guard while paired up but in Fates you can only Dual Guard while paired up as to Dual Strike you need to have a single un-paired unit be adjacent to another unit (the other unit can be paired up since it doesn't matter). So the lines went under the saying that Chrom and Frederick are confused and making fun of the characters from Fates for not being able to Dual Strike while paired-up when the game mechanics prevent Dual Strikes (unless you take a certain DLC/Enemy-only skill into account) like that. My response was something that Lissa would say seeing how she's a bit more sane than her older brother.

Oh. Shoulda realized it was a joke.

Can you get that skill on DLC?

Can you get that skill on DLC?

Bold Stance? Not even with all of the DLC available in Japan as far as I know. If you possess a cheating device or can hack, you can get the skill manual for it though.

And even then, Bold Stance still isn't quite the same as Awakening's Pair-Up -- it no longer passively blocks attacks but the support unit can launch secondary attacks and of course, still provide support boosts.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Well, switching Mozu with Silas seemed to help matters. The lower half was cleared without that much difficulty (though I has one or two scares), with Lissa and Felicia doing their jobs well.

Then Lunge decided Silas would be it's victim today. Silas actually did better than most, since the Ninjas couldn't do much to him except use their poison ability. But that did wear him down, leaving him as easy pickings for stronger units that could deal actual damage.

I'm probably going to leave it for a chapter or two before trying again.

Edited by jdb1984

It probably isn't a good idea to tackle this too early in the game...

Once you have enough resources and good enough people, I'd recommend getting some/most with replicate to sit on the spawning castles. Flyers/high movement units can reach and block the two furthest ones. Also, if you can aggravate the ninjas and KO them in one bout (preferably with dual strike), lunge and poison/savage blow won't activate. The lancers can also occasionally rain on your parade since (on lunatic) they have enough skill for a small critical chance even for some luck capped units.

It's not a difficult map once you've checked the ninja spawns.