I had a weird dream about Smash Bros. the other night...

Busterman64

(Just wanted to talk about this because it was random, and I felt like it was interesting to share.)

Ok, so the other night I kinda had a bit of weird dream about Smash Bros.(maybe not super strange, but strange in that it kinda doesn't make some sense to me).

So in my dream, I was laying on my bed and as I'm surfing the inernet, I suddenly see something about Rayman being in Smash Bros. I'm thinking, " What?! That's bullcrap! There's no way that can be right, he was just a rumor over a year ago! Not only that, The last DLC already came out already!" After a quick search, I was shocked(and confused) to see...there he was. After some patch, he was put into the game as a free DLC character(probably complimentary of Sakurai). A little after that, I woke up.

Now, here's the weird thing.

For one, I wasn't really thinking of Smash Bros that night, I was watching some anime right before going to sleep( "Kimi Ni Todoke" to be percise......great anime by the way...).

Two, it couldn't be that I wanted Rayman in Smash because while I thought Rayman would've been a cool addition back when he was a rumor, I never really thought about him that much afterwards.

And Three, while there is a part of me that would like a new DLC chracter to be added for free via a random patch because Sakurai said "Sure, why not?", it would seem odd for Sakurai to put in a newcomer this late in. A veteran like Wolf seemed like the most sense and would need the least amount of process since he was in a previous game(*sigh*...poor Snake and Ice Climbers...).

The only thing that makes the most sense is that it's probably from my feelings of the last DLC stuff still needing...one or two more things(a.k.a. I felt like we could've gotten a little bit more at the end). I have no issues with what we got(and I'm not super butt hurt or salty about what we didn't get because we didn't have to get anything) because the Mii costumes are alright, Corrin is great, and Bayonetta is cool(her stage is too), but I felt like we needed something else to seal the end of DLC. It just felt like it lacked just a little bit. Not for something grand(because I'm pretty sure Corrin and Bayonetta was grand for a lot of people. Corrin for me), just......something else(almost anything else...very, very huge emphasis on "ALMOST ANYTHING").

Sorry if it seems like I'm whining a bit or like I don't appreciate what Sakurai(and his team) has done( and I would be a real insensitive jerk if that was the case knowing that it most likely takes a lot of time and work for anything they've done in Smash Bros.), but I just feel that way about the final DLC stuff(...there wasn't a full feeling of closure for me, despite feeling satisfied with what we got. A small part of me still feels like we could've gotten just a little bit more to end things off).

Edited by Busterman64

WE NEED ISAAC DAMMIT!

(i dream about golden sun 4 and would do quite a few things to get it. IT IS my fave game series of all time, and Sakurai didn't include him and added freaking Corrin [no offense to corrin fans, just saying that another char that really needed the spot for its franchise to live would've been better] but ahhh.... One can dream and keep his hope with him.)

WE NEED ISAAC DAMMIT!

(i dream about golden sun 4 and would do quite a few things to get it. IT IS my fave game series of all time, and Sakurai didn't include him and added freaking Corrin [no offense to corrin fans, just saying that another char that really needed the spot for its franchise to live would've been better] but ahhh.... One can dream and keep his hope with him.)

Keep the Golden Sun 4 dream alive my friend, for we cannot give up hope!

(Also, not gonna lie, while I do love Corrin, Issac would've been awesome! Even more so if he had a Felix costume! ;3 )

kimi ni todoke is indeed a nice anime

Thankfully, I'm not alone! ;3

...my feelings of the last DLC stuff still needing...one or two more things(a.k.a. I felt like we could've gotten a little bit more at the end)...but I felt like we needed something else to seal the end of DLC. It just felt like it lacked just a little bit.

...but I just feel that way about the final DLC stuff(...there wasn't a full feeling of closure for me, despite feeling satisfied with what we got. A small part of me still feels like we could've gotten just a little bit more to end things off).

So, what you're saying is... 49 characters (excluding Miis), 46 stages, 716 trophies, and INFINTE MODES OF FUN was not worth $60? I didn't even bother with the DLC. I got all of the fun without paying the... what is it, $40? I literally can't imagine adding any more DLC characters, unless it was a Sin & Punishment rep, of course.

By the way... dreams can draw on all memories, not just the recent ones. You're probably not psychic.

Edited by Zera

So, what you're saying is... 49 characters (excluding Miis), 46 stages, 716 trophies, and INFINTE MODES OF FUN was not worth $60? I didn't even bother with the DLC. I got all of the fun without paying the... what is it, $40? I literally can't imagine adding any more DLC characters, unless it was a Sin & Punishment rep, of course.[/size]

By the way... dreams can draw on all memories, not just the recent ones. You're probably not psychic.[/size]

What? N-No, I didn't mean it that way! Like I said, I'm truely grateful for what we've got(because we could have gotten nothing. Nada. Zilch! The money is well worth it. Heck, even without it, the game is great on it's own), I just felt like the end of the DLC was just needed a little bit more(not something huge, but just...something else). Maybe because it was my expectations that were a bit too high considering it was the end of the Smash DLC.

...Sorry if I gave the wrong impression...it wasn't my intention...

I do think it about every now and then. HOWEVER, I would hate myself if I even thought none of the DLC was worth a cent(because no matter how I feel about one DLC or another, saying none of it is worth it would be EXTREMELY rude to the time, blood, sweat and tears Sakurai and his team put into the game AND the DLC)! THAT would cause an issue(and like I said, I would hate myself for it)!

Edited by Busterman64