Ever have a pairing that you like...

jdb1984

Ryoma/Orochi is my second favorite Ryoma support that is able to hit S rank (Considering RyoScarlet doesn't exist and Ryomarx is A+)

Which is a problem because my favorite is Ryoma/Rinkah, except I like to play around with Rinkah's classes so sometimes I give her Corn to grab a class off of

And Orochi will nuke Shiro

Who also happens to be a kid I actually care about

whoops

Whenever I let Corn borrow Rinkah, Ryoma's pairing situation always gives me headaches because I'm so fucking picky with him.

Also: Laslow/Orochi.

Goddammit Orochi at least I like you with Saizo and you don't fuck Asugi up

Edited by Thor Odinson

Xander/Nyx is a really nice support, that I can't do in good conscience, because of what it will do to poor Siegbert.

Odin/Selena is still a favorite from the last game, but their Ophelia is just barely average.

Leon/Effie is one of the few opposite sex supports for Leon that I like, but poor poor Foleo..

As for impossible parings... if Leon and Takumi could actually S-support it would cripple their poor kids for life..

I never have payed attention to the stats of the 2nd gen characters that come from pairings, so I am willing to bet that easily 50%-90% of my pairings are not the best stat wise. For example Laslow/Orochi probably isnt the best for Soleil, though she does get a really good magic skill so she can use Levin Sword and Bolt Axe pretty well.

I originally planned to do Selena/Subaki but their mods are terrible for Caeldori.

Which is just terrible since that's literally the only unique mama conversation you're going to get. I just say to heck with it and do it anyway.

Probably Ryoma x Elise, Sakura x Xander and Hinoka x Leo... Royal kids aren't getting the best I think... Oh well, but it looks that these aren't the worst options for them, so, is not that bad?

I didn't play for stats anyway, so, Its ok

Off the top of my head, Xander x Nyx and Odin x Kagero. I don't mind having a bad Siegbert because I never really use him anyway (though, Xander doesn't really want Nyx's pair up bonuses), but Ophelia really wants a magic mom and she's too awesome not to use.

Edited by Oshimos

Definitely Ryoma and Elsie. It's such a great support, why does Shiro have to suck because of it?

I did it anyway on one of my files. That's one of my throwaway files so maybe I'll do some powersave gene therapy on him. :P:

I find, if anything, it's that the fathers that give stranger mods compared to the mothers (seriously, 2 kids who start in healing only classes also get magic screwed while also getting good strength mods, and healers don't exactly have the greatest history of being fantastic physical units) so my favorite pairings tend to not bother me as much in terms of deciding whether or not I care about my kids' stats.

All the pairings that I can't do in-game injure me physically. Elise x Hayato and Leo x Orochi, in particular. The children would have been glorious. I know they were going for the whole rival-kingdoms-marriage-alliance thing but they can take that and shove it up my buttcrack into oblivion. I'm talking about these kids, bruh.

The pairings are surprisingly slim for Elise when you realize that only a few dads produce magical children. I know some creativity can make magic happen but I keep wanting to make my units "canon" and shit... It's so bad that I keep trying to pair Elise and Leo together for some reason.

*sob* I hate trying to plan pairings!

Edited by SaiSymbolic

I find, if anything, it's that the fathers that give stranger mods compared to the mothers (seriously, 2 kids who start in healing only classes also get magic screwed while also getting good strength mods, and healers don't exactly have the greatest history of being fantastic physical units) so my favorite pairings tend to not bother me as much in terms of deciding whether or not I care about my kids' stats.

that's true. for example half the hoshidan dads have -2 spd mods.

but with some potential mothers you do have to be careful if you care one bit about not screwing up any of your kids. for example, felicia will screw up most, if not all physically oriented kids, but is great for magically oriented kids.

Beruka/Leo. Sorry Forrest, your speed is getting fucked up the wazoo, but I haven't recruited a single kid in my English version so shrug.