Any FE characters with pets?

Wist

I apologize if this has been discussed before. Searching pulled up discussions only on waifu petting.

I realized today I can't think of any Fire Emblem characters with pets. Many have mounts, some of whom are named and mentioned in dialogue. As animals characters care for and about individually, one could argue the case for some of the mounts. But how about pets beyond mounts? Or even just mounts clearly treated as dearly as pets? Would anyone like pets in an FE game, either as units or for background characterization?

A lot of characters with wyverns and pegasus (not so much horses) treat them like pets. Harr talking to his comes to mind. His RD death quote talks to his wyvern, calling him his friend and telling him he is free.

I can't think of any in the sense that you're talking about though, just as pets

Edited by NoDakSmack

Yeah, all I can think of are the characters with mounts who treat their mounts like pets/family. Kieran especially comes to mind since he calls his horse his brother-in-arms and all and was like SCARED when his horse got sick and took better care of it after it got well again. I'm surprised he never mentions his horse's name!

And now that I think about it, only Pegasi and wyverns have known names in this series. That's not fair to the horses! Horses are animals and mounts too. Really, IS! >_>

Micaiah has Yune, her little bird.

Cherche has Minerva, a wyvern that is her mount. But Cherche treats Minerva more than just a mount. Those two like grew up together and shit and Minerva is very beloved to Cherche.

Florina has Huey (also called Makar in one instance, weird) her pegasus. Again, its a mount, but there seems to be a greater relationship there.

Sophie in Fates, has Avel. He is her very ill-tempered horse. He comes up a lot in her characterization.

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

Looks like I'll have to reread Harr's dialogue. And Cormag/Natashas'. And Kieran's! I remember Cherche's well enough, at least now that I'm reminded.

I think you're right, NoDakSmack and Anacybele, that it's always the wyverns and pegasi rather than horses. Florina always stuck out in my memory, though I'd always forgotten her pegasus's name. Guess it having two doesn't help, haha.

And I'd completely forgotten about Micaiah! I don't even remember if Micaiah knew what Yune really was though.

If you count out-of-game material, Kozaki drew the royal bros with pets; A cat (that also looks kinda like a rabbit) for Xander and a dog for Ryoma.

I'm sorely disappointed that Ryoma's pet is a dog and not a lobster.

Marth has some birds in the manga which he is often shown playing with as a kid in his garden. I'm not sure if they'd count as pets though, but he talks about how he's disappointed he won't be able to take care of them now that the war started. When he reclaims Altea a couple years later, he goes back to the garden to see the same birds now fully grown which he proceeds to take care of again for a short time before leaving.

Tiki used to be drawn with a baby Ice dragon following her around as if it were a pet. It was never brought up in canon, though.

Hm, I'm not familiar with any of the older Fire Emblem manga. I might look into that! Are you talking about this one?

I'm sorely disappointed that Ryoma's pet is a dog and not a lobster.

What were they thinking?!

But a lobster is food, not a pet. :P

(I'm aware that fish are both, but remember that the fish people have as pets aren't the same species as the fish we eat)

But a lobster is food, not a pet. :P

(I'm aware that fish are both, but remember that the fish people have as pets aren't the same species as the fish we eat)

Any animal can be a pet. There are people with pet lobsters.

Mozu had dogs back in the farm. I guess Benny hanging out with bears counts as hidden pets.