Oboro Official Artwork

Sentinel07

Someone posted Jacob's one in another thread (I think it was the one about the OST). And the others from the 3ds themes are just the siblings and Corrin, but their art are already well know. I wonder if there are other characters, like the other retainers or we just got Jacob and Oboro because of their popularity.

...you're right, somehow I never noticed they weren't all new art. -_- I think I focused on the Oboro one too much.

Her expression looks like someone caught her mid-burp. Nice piece of artwork, though.

Ahahahaha! That made me laugh out loud.

I think Kozaki was trying to attempt to capture her doing her "scary face" thing.

Oboro's artwork isn't in the OST booklet, though... I'm really curious where this came from, I've been waiting for an official artbook announcement for a long time.

It looks that it's from the magazine Nintendo Dream, check this twitter message: https://twitter.com/nindori/status/723862150523973632

Someone posted Jacob's one in another thread (I think it was the one about the OST). And the others from the 3ds themes are just the siblings and Corrin, but their art are already well know. I wonder if there are other characters, like the other retainers or we just got Jacob and Oboro because of their popularity.

I've seen what looks like official artwork of Felicia floating around too, but I don't know where it came from. D:

I've seen what looks like official artwork of Felicia floating around too, but I don't know where it came from. D:

Kozaki did a live demo at a con or something, pre-release, all the way back when. You can find it on youtube and watch his whole process.

it was discussed before in the handed-ness thread but don't you usually put the dominate hand in the back (like Oboro here)?

I guess that'd make sense. All other spear fighters/masters in the game hold their weapons the same way, Azura has her right hand towards the back, and all other units that can use polearms use only their right hand to hold them.

As for the face, the weird expressions she had were always so charming to me. Like, she has that curve in her smile that's uncannily perfect, those weird bedroom eyes... or the near triangular shape her mouth takes on when she has a big smile. It seems that whenever she frowns, her mouth takes on a broken shape.

It's almost as if her uncanny smiles symbolize a mask she wears to hide the darkness of her past... and when the darkness grows, her face becomes broken and more demonic. Or (almost certainly) that's just a pretentious analysis of her, and the reality is that her face is just awkwardly drawn.

Am I the only one who's okay with them trying to get the face that implies she's dealing with nohrian scum at that moment?

I'm ok too. It make her look different than other characters, most of the times the girls from different media, have a serious expression or a smile... And, I find her expressions part of her charm haha, she is supposed to do weird faces all the time, so it fits her to have something like a "snarl" (???) expression in her official art

I'm ok too. It make her look different than other characters, most of the times the girls from different media, have a serious expression or a smile... And, I find her expressions part of her charm haha, she is supposed to do weird faces all the time, so it fits her to have something like a "snarl" (???) expression in her official art

Yeah we don't get many girls with war faces in anime.