Morgan V Kana

I totally dislike kids messing around at war, it just doesn't make sense, they are kids. It's different with teenagers or young people, at best. Look at Erk, Nino, Rebecca, Florina, Priscilla, Neimi, Colm, Lute, Ewan, Ross, Amelia, among others, they are young but at least they are tolerable, but the kids in Awakening and Fates are terrible. Besides, their appearance is wtf, not like Genealogy where there was a well-found reason for them to join war and exist. That's why I don't like any of the recent children system. It makes literally no sense, just for the sake of marrying and having a baby? No.

Frankly i had as much issue seeing Percy and Midori at war as it is for Amelia, Nino, and Becca

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally dislike kids messing around at war, it just doesn't make sense, they are kids. It's different with teenagers or young people, at best. Look at Erk, Nino, Rebecca, Florina, Priscilla, Neimi, Colm, Lute, Ewan, Ross, Amelia, among others, they are young but at least they are tolerable, but the kids in Awakening and Fates are terrible. Besides, their appearance is wtf, not like Genealogy where there was a well-found reason for them to join war and exist. That's why I don't like any of the recent children system. It makes literally no sense, just for the sake of marrying and having a baby? No.

Wait, aren't you generalizing a bit too much at the moment? What makes Nino more okay than Lucina and Laurent, the oldest of the kids in Awakening?

I swear when I was younger, Nino confused the hell out of me. She looked 10 years old, constantly pined for her mommy, the Black Fang treated her like a child but yet she has romantic feelings for Jafar, who I thought was in his late twenties at the time.

I prefer the children of Awakening because they at least look of age. Then again, anime age doesn't bother me as much.

I've watched and played too many games and anime with "children" soldiers for it to offend or bother me. Like, seriously. I can't be the only one who has played through games that has had a playable kid in a situation that they realistically shouldn't be in or watched anime where a 14 year old is killing monsters or some crud. But, then I realize this isn't reality and isn't confined to what we deem as acceptable.

...Hm. I still like the Awakening kids more for having a bit more personality.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

F!Morgan>M!Morgan>>>>Kana

Kana's obnoxious and doesn't snap the game like a twig. Kana reads as 'Morgan 2.0' but I hate their design and they've got nothing except 'mumma!'

Awakening still has some plot relevancy for children(returns to the past to save the world). Even though it may be only for Lucina, others can be more or less justified.

Children are really just extras on Fates though. The game's story isn't affected at all without them but at least it gives a character that I really care

That makes them a bit more tolerable than children in Fates. The reason they appear is fantastic (read as fantasy context), and the reasoning behind it is ok, quite tolerable. Even then it failed when only making Lucina impact the story and being a forced recruitment while the rest can be left unnoticed while charging through the main story.

Frankly i had as much issue seeing Percy and Midori at war as it is for Amelia, Nino, and Becca

There's not an issue with seeing a couple of them, at most five because it is healthy to see cheerful, refreshing and optimistic units among the cast, so why not? Nino's reason is well, ok, there's no reason to be alone when you can side the good and not stay with the evil ones, and Rebecca too since Eliwood helped their village from bandits. I don't remember why Amelia joins but some units in FE join due to lame or dumb reasons, so I'll pass a few of them because they became FE standard.

Wait, aren't you generalizing a bit too much at the moment? What makes Nino more okay than Lucina and Laurent, the oldest of the kids in Awakening?

The idea is not to resume the argument whether one kid is more ok to be in war than others. The idea is to see some young units that refresh the cast, bring new faces, new personalities and that hopefully have a role (whether major or minor) on the story, asides from having a solid reason to join.

Some kids in Awakening are ok like Laurent, Selena, Inigo, Owain and Lucina, but one must also bring into account their impact on the main game and whether they are forced or not. Lucina is the only one forced because she's pretty much a secondary lord. The rest of the kids would've had a nice sub plot but alas, that's not the case. On the other hand, Nino wants to know the truth about the Black Fang, face Sonia and the truth about their true parents, and because she basically had no one else to be with, besides Jaffar and uncle Jan but lol

Edited by Quintessence

Morgan

-Has the ability to easily go berserk due to her stats and growth in the game, especially with an ally.

-Her father accepted her as more of an equal than a child that needed to be protected. He didn't lock her away for safety either.

-Her personality has more depth to it but this makes since due to the age difference.

-She doesn't mind annoying anyone or taking a little risk in the name of fun.

Morgan, Morgan, a thousand times Morgan。Loveably offbeat and weird will always beat mama-mama-mama-love-mama-mama-me-so-moe in my book. As a dad I actually resented Kanna. Get a hobby or something, kid!

That makes them a bit more tolerable than children in Fates. The reason they appear is fantastic (read as fantasy context), and the reasoning behind it is ok, quite tolerable. Even then it failed when only making Lucina impact the story and being a forced recruitment while the rest can be left unnoticed while charging through the main story.

I hear this a lot when it comes to the Awakening kids but isn't that the approach Fire emblem has always had with any cast? With such a large cast only a few characters can fully impact the story. Generally speaking only the lord, the ones closest to him and lore important characters have a lot of screentime in the story. Tellius aside the rest only have their introductions and their supports.

I don't really see how the time traveling Inigo not appearing in the story after his introduction is any different from the non time traveling Dorcas not appearing in the story after his introduction. And at least the kids had the future past devoted to them.

Definitely Morgan. Mainly because I was able to make a maxed out Morgan with ease.

Morgan's personality is amusing to me while Kana is... um.... yeah...

Besides, I prefer the Awakening children over the Fates children.

Both Gameplay wise and Story wise Morgan beats Kana hands down. I like Kana, but he/she has an unhealthy obsession with mom/dad. But since basically everyone in Fates has an unhealthy obsession with mom/dad, I do give him/her a bit of a pass.

I like them both fine, but I do prefer Morgan. They just have a bit more personality than the Kana's and seem a touch less generic. Morgan also gets points for being one of the best characters in the series (even with mediocre parents), while Kana is still pretty mediocre even with a specialized Gen 2 character as their mom/dad. Also, I don't know what possessed the Voice Director for Fates to cast a woman as male Kana (as he was played by Male Corrin's seiyu originally), but MAN is it ever weird when Female Kana sounds buffer than him.. I've warmed to nearly all of the voices in Fates, but Male Kana might be the only instance where I feel the actor was 100% miscast.

Oh favoritism...

They're both fun characters IMO, though Morgan kinda sorta does more sadistic fun things while Kana is more fun... fun thing.

I'm always down for bullying the scardy bunny for funsies.

Morgan for sure. Kana's cute, but way too cutesy. Which would be fine if he was interesting, but he's not. Plus, Kana doesn't have a cape.

Haven't seen either female Morgan or female Kana, but I assume my opinion would be similar with them.

Edited by Lann La Mirah

Morgan, definitely.

The nice thing was Morgan was older and more mature. I liked her character because she was a daughter trying to be like her dad. Sure the amnesia thing was a bit stupid, but it really wasnt that big of a deal, and offered a nice support with whoever Morgan's sibling was. With Kana, it was interesting to see her be younger, and I figured she was going to be a much more "cute" character than Morgan was, but it felt like they tried too hard. The dragon language thing didnt bother me, it was something a little kid does, which I have a feeling Kana is. The problem with that though is I think she is way to young to be fighting, so I never use her. I dont like any of her supports. and am glad they removed the marriage options he/she had because it was creepy.

Its why I dont have a lot of interest in the new DLC, I just dont like Kana, so a story with him/her as a main character isnt that interesting to me. I will skip buying it and just watch the video of Shigure singing, since that is all I am interested in.

I loved my daughter, Morgan. XD She was so cute, and took after her dad splendidly. And she got my hair, because I married Lucina and my Robin had the same shade of blue hair. Which I really, really, enjoyed. Also she was just adorable to me, personality and everything.

Kana is....whatever. One, I hate the girl Kana's look (so M!Kana wins), but I can't even GET Kana if I marry Niles, soooo, I hate Kana even more because of it. And also he's just a little kid with nothing that makes him endearing to me.