Battle Conversations That Needed To Happen (spoilers)

if there's one thing I miss about the older games it's the prebattle conversations that happened on almost every map.

Now that's out of the way I was kind of suprised that Shura and Saizo have unique prebattle and defaet quotes when fighting the boss of chapter 17 in conquest

I was honestly suprised that IS actually went in and put in some effort for that part

now here are some of those I wish happened

Silas x Xander in the opera house - seriously Xander isn't going to call him a traitor after leaving the army

Sumeragi x HIS KIDS (okay Ryoma already has one)- how did they screw this one up, now that they're probably all pre promotes he's not going to say anything about how strong they've gotten since he left that world

Mikoto x HER ADOPTED CHILDREN - don't you think the children she raised for a longer time than Corrin wold have a more emotional battle fighting their mother of all people, they should have more to say than the player avatar

Mikoto x Orochi and Reina- her body guards and retainers have nothing to say to the woman they swore to protect, hell Orochi has guilt because she knew she was going to die at some point in the near future

Slime Garron x his kids- okay they do have some kind of reaction before the battle begins so at least something is there- but they had nothing to say to the thing that raised them, like DANM YOU TO HELL FOR TAKING AWAY OUR FATHER

Nohr siblings x Hoshidan siblings

Camilla x Hinoka : He's my brother and he chose me over you (you got burrned)

Elise v Sakura (now that I've thought about it, you never fight Elise in Birthright outside of CH 6) Elise to Sakura - Maybe we could have been friends if things had gone differently (buy the Revelations dlc only US$19.99 CA$24.99* taxes my vary) Sakura: no you Nohiran Scum

and more like those if you can think of any

I wished that Corrin's children would have a convo with their aunts and uncles, it would be stupid but I don't care.

Think about it...

[Corrin's child] : Ohhh, so you're Lord [Xander/Ryoma]...?

Xander/Ryoma : Yes, why?

[Corrin's child] : I'm Corrin's child! Why must we fight, uncle [Xander/Ryoma]?

Xander/Ryoma : [internal screaming]

We could have had it all.

Oh, and the convos you mentioned as well.

Edited by December Knight

Camilla x Hinoka does have a convo tho, in chapter 11 conquest.

I forgot about that,

but the two don't speak in Birthright

I wished that Corrin's children would have a convo with their aunts and uncles, it would be stupid but I don't care.

Think about it...

[Corrin's child] : Ohhh, so you're Lord [Xander/Ryoma]...?

Xander/Ryoma : Yes, why?

[Corrin's child] : I'm Corrin's child! Why must we fight, uncle [Xander/Ryoma]?

Xander/Ryoma : [internal screaming]

We could have had it all.

Oh, and the convos you mentioned as well.

Kana's power of kawaii is SUPER EFFECTIVE
Edited by Captain Karnage

I forgot about that,

but the two don't speak in Birthright

I saw that as a personality difference thing between Camilla and Hinoka more than a "missing" conversation. In Conquest, Camilla takes every opportunity she can to rub it in Hinoka's face about how Kamui is Camilla's sibling and not Hinoka's. Camilla is being a bitch about it, to put it plain and simple. In Birthright, Hinoka shows less of a smug ass "Kamui is my sibling, not yours" demeanor and more of a "stay away from my sibling, Nohrian scum!" one.

That said, each corresponding sibling pair getting battle conversation with each other would've been cool. All of the antagonist parents with their kids, too. Saizou and Suzukaze in Conquest 25 because why the fucking hell do you guys not talk. Actually, why not have Suzukaze talk with ANY Hoshidan he fights? Since the royal family and retainers at least would know him? In that respect, how many of the Hoshidan siblings talk to Azura? I think Sakura does, but do Hinoka and Ryouma? I've heard Takumi has a chapter 10 convo with her, but does he talk to her in chapter 23? Come on, game.

Did no one else notice that in chapter 13 on Revelations, Xander gets a convo with Camilla and Corrin, and Ryoma gets convos with his retainers and Corrin.

Sure that's fair and all, but...

Why doesn't Ryoma have a convo with Takumi and Sakura? He seriously treats them like any other random members of the army, which is complete bullshit. You could argue that he already has three convos on that map and they ran out of space or something. But you'd think that in the game were they try (and fail) to stress the theme of family, his younger siblings would take precendence..

Combined with Hinoka's poorly written dialogue in Conquest chapter 24, this is just one way the story often makes it look like both Hinoka and Ryoma don't really care about either Takumi or Sakura (and Azura for that matter too, but she is left out in both families). I don't think that this is what the writers intended, but that kind of glaring oversight is pretty hard to justify.

I saw that as a personality difference thing between Camilla and Hinoka more than a "missing" conversation. In Conquest, Camilla takes every opportunity she can to rub it in Hinoka's face about how Kamui is Camilla's sibling and not Hinoka's. Camilla is being a bitch about it, to put it plain and simple. In Birthright, Hinoka shows less of a smug ass "Kamui is my sibling, not yours" demeanor and more of a "stay away from my sibling, Nohrian scum!" one.

That said, each corresponding sibling pair getting battle conversation with each other would've been cool. All of the antagonist parents with their kids, too. Saizou and Suzukaze in Conquest 25 because why the fucking hell do you guys not talk. Actually, why not have Suzukaze talk with ANY Hoshidan he fights? Since the royal family and retainers at least would know him? In that respect, how many of the Hoshidan siblings talk to Azura? I think Sakura does, but do Hinoka and Ryouma? I've heard Takumi has a chapter 10 convo with her, but does he talk to her in chapter 23? Come on, game.

Kaze does have a boss conversation with Saizo in Chapter 12.

Here are the ones I wanted:

Silas, Felicia and Jakob vs Camilla, Leo, Xander and Garon

Kaze and Rinkah vs Camilla, Leo, Xander and Garon

Felicia, Rinkah and Flora vs Fuga

Rinkah and Hayato vs Flora

Felicia vs Rinkah

Kaden vs Keaton

Felicia, Jakob and Flora vs Gunter

Fuga vs Sumeragi

And I'm sure I can think of more.

Radiant Dawn's boss conversations spoiled me.

There are a lot of boss conversations in Radiant Dawn, A LOT.

The fact that so few people call out Suzukaze and Azura in Conquest bothers me. I also wanted Xander and Ryouma to speak in Conquest if only to drive home the pont that Xander is a-okay with slaughtering innocents as long as it furthers his own agenda; Ryouma should've said something abotu that.

Azura and Anankos? I mean, Azura's goal for pretty much all of her adult life was to kill him, not to mention that Anankos killed her mother, her father and destroyed her home country. You'd think she'd have something to say about that.

Did no one else notice that in chapter 13 on Revelations, Xander gets a convo with Camilla and Corrin, and Ryoma gets convos with his retainers and Corrin.

Sure that's fair and all, but...

Why doesn't Ryoma have a convo with Takumi and Sakura? He seriously treats them like any other random members of the army, which is complete bullshit. You could argue that he already has three convos on that map and they ran out of space or something. But you'd think that in the game were they try (and fail) to stress the theme of family, his younger siblings would take precendence..

Combined with Hinoka's poorly written dialogue in Conquest chapter 24, this is just one way the story often makes it look like both Hinoka and Ryoma don't really care about either Takumi or Sakura (and Azura for that matter too, but she is left out in both families). I don't think that this is what the writers intended, but that kind of glaring oversight is pretty hard to justify.

There's no such thing as "running out of space", adding a battle conversation is like, less than a grand total of a single kb, this is for the scripted event itself, the text itself may vary a bit more, depending on how long the conversation is, they probably just got lazy and didn't want to write anything.

The fact that so few people call out Suzukaze and Azura in Conquest bothers me. I also wanted Xander and Ryouma to speak in Conquest if only to drive home the pont that Xander is a-okay with slaughtering innocents as long as it furthers his own agenda; Ryouma should've said something abotu that.

This is fates bro, people don't get called out for their horrible actions. They are heroes dammit!

Kaze does have a boss conversation with Saizo in Chapter 12.

I'm aware of that. However, I'd think that having a conversation between them in chapter 25, when one of them can die forever after that chapter, is far more important.

I'm aware of that. However, I'd think that having a conversation between them in chapter 25, when one of them can die forever after that chapter, is far more important.

I see, and yeah, I do agree that they should have a coversation at Chapter 25.

Speaking of the Chapters you face the older brothers for the final time, I complained about them not having boss conversations with characters other than Corrin, but now that think about it makes sense that they only speak with Corrin, since it is supposed to be a duel between them.

Speaking of the Chapters you face the older brothers for the final time, I complained about them not having boss conversations with characters other than Corrin, but now that think about it makes sense that they only speak with Corrin, since it is supposed to be a duel between them.

A duel that can be interrupted.

Also, with my current knowledge of scripted events and romhacking, this is entirely doable, example:

Original Chapter 1 Boss Battle conversation, still intact and not removed;

tumblr_inline_o6gc2vItXD1u0fe1d_400.png

I added Felicia to the map, and also added a unique boss battle convo if she attacks Xander;

tumblr_inline_o6gc48ZQGt1u0fe1d_400.png

tumblr_inline_o6gc4qONpA1u0fe1d_400.pngtumblr_inline_o6gc57jPdx1u0fe1d_400.png

Just an example.

Not entirely fighting related, but I wouldn't mind the lord-recruiting-kids to come back like in Awakening since we have them at all, just to see what we'd get.

Uhm, that being said, dialogue for vs Sakura would be nice for Elise.

Also, with my current knowledge of scripted events and romhacking, this is entirely doable, example:

Original Chapter 1 Boss Battle conversation, still intact and not removed;

I added Felicia to the map, and also added a unique boss battle convo if she attacks Xander;

tumblr_inline_o6gc48ZQGt1u0fe1d_400.png

tumblr_inline_o6gc57jPdx1u0fe1d_400.png

Just an example.

WOW, I guess she was supposed to be in the first chapter but then they scraped it

I can't wait to see what else is hidden

WOW, I guess she was supposed to be in the first chapter but then they scraped it

I can't wait to see what else is hidden

OP said they added this.

Iago/Hans and Corrin. One wants to try to stop and kill you and has tried many times and the other has killed Gunter and many other innocent people. Why does Corrin act like he had never known them?

Sumeragi x HIS KIDS (okay Ryoma already has one)- how did they screw this one up, now that they're probably all pre promotes he's not going to say anything about how strong they've gotten since he left that world

Mikoto x HER ADOPTED CHILDREN - don't you think the children she raised for a longer time than Corrin wold have a more emotional battle fighting their mother of all people, they should have more to say than the player avatar

I was really disappointed when Sumeragi did not have custom dialogue with anyone other than Corrin and Ryoma (I mean, I'm glad at least they put that in, I'd be more angry if there wasn't a custom convo with Ryoma), Maybe he doesn't remember any of them or something >_>

Mikoto too, why does she not talk to anyone but Corrin..... It seems that to the game, Takumi and Sakura are just generic units or something, since they can't talk to Ryoma in chapter 13 either

Is there a custom convo between Rev 23 Scarlet and Corrin, or Scarlet and Kana, if you married her? (I'm glad there's a custom convo with Ryoma at least, which, broke my heart T__T )

Jakob and Gunter in Rev 26. I dragged my underleveled Jakob through that level hoping he could talk to Gunter, but nope :(

Sumeragi vs. non-Ryoma kids

Mikoto vs. adopted kids

Keaton vs. Kaden (either route)

Kaze vs. Saizo (Chapter 25)

Hans vs. Royal siblings

Iago vs. Royal siblings (I know Corrin has one, but I don't think the others do)

Garon vs. Nohr siblings

Anankos vs. Royal siblings (especially the Nohr ones, come on, you guys really have nothing to say to your father's murderer?)

Really, there were a lot of missed opportunities here, I'm honestly surprised they even went as far as to do Saizo/Shura vs. Kotaro.

Is there a custom convo between Rev 23 Scarlet and Corrin, or Scarlet and Kana, if you married her? (I'm glad there's a custom convo with Ryoma at least, which, broke my heart T__T )

Sadly no, Corrin keeps the same dialogue he has as if he didn't marry her, and Kana is just another unit to her.

Sadly no, Corrin keeps the same dialogue he has as if he didn't marry her, and Kana is just another unit to her.

That's so sad, Scarlet likes Ryoma more than her husband and kid, yet they can't even support T___T

Awakening trio vs Anankos.

That would be cool, although wouldn't make sense if you haven't done the Hidden Truth DLC, which is optional and supposedly played after you play Revelations, so I understand why there isn't one.

Did Jakob have a convo with Flora on either route? I forget.

Edited by MapleRose