The Official Ultima Super Battle Cruise Fortress Topic Deluxe!

Metal Rabbit

Here's an example of what I mean:

If I'm feeling down in the dumps, I go to my friends to cheer me up. That's why they're my friends. They make me happy. Thus, when I'm feeling sad, the best way to counter that, is to be around people that make me happy.

I consider most of the people here my friends. So I post a topic here saying I'm sad, in hopes that maybe my friends can help to cheer me up.

But no. Usually the first few people that pile into the topic start spewing a bunch of near flaming posts that would only make me feel worse about myself. So I end up closing the topic, before my friends can come in to cheer me up, and I feel even worse about that. Also, I irritate the people who had their big twat-athon that got me to close the topic. So no one in that sitiation wins. Whereas if those flaming pricks were to simply ignore the topic and go talk about something pointless in another topic, they won't have to deal with my whinning, and all my friends will have come to cheer me up.

So everyone wins in that situation. I don't understand why people just make things worse for themselves.

Tell me, when you make these sorts of topics... What do you expect? I know you hope for your friends to cheer you up (since that's what you just said) but what exactly do you usually expect will happen?

• Replies 44.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Metal Rabbit

• Masu

• noremaC

• Liz

Tell me, when you make these sorts of topics... What do you expect? I know you hope for your friends to cheer you up (since that's what you just said) but what exactly do you usually expect will happen?

Boo has a point. Everyone would be able to see the topics. It's better to do it in some private manner with all your friends. Use Aim, or MSN, or #Fireman. :D

Edited by Fireman

To be honest, people do things that irritate me as well.

For example, I despise how some people only listen to me merely because they think I'm female. I wish people would respect me for just being a human being, but sadly it's not the case. Names will not be given to protect those from flames, or cause them to retaliate.

ZXValaRevan is one of the examples of people who don't take such things into consideration, and I thank them for that.

For those who do take it into consideration, well although I disagree with it, I don't point it out every time it's done, or make it a mission to annoy them. I overlook it. Overlooking some things is possibly the best skill you can have in life. Don't overlook EVERYTHING, but the small things, really just ignore them.

Edited by Cynthia

To be honest, people do things that irritate me as well.

For example, I despise how some people only listen to me merely because they think I'm female. I wish people would respect me for just being a human being, but sadly it's not the case.

ZXValaRevan is one of the examples of people who don't take such things into consideration, and I thank them for that.

For those who do take it into consideration, well although I disagree with it, I don't point it out every time it's done, or make it a mission to annoy them. I overlook it. Overlooking some things is possibly the best skill you can have in life. Don't overlook EVERYTHING, but the small things, really just ignore them.

I listen to you because I can trust your advice. Plus you're much smarter than me.

Boo has a point. Everyone would be able to see the topics. It's better to do it in some private manner with all your friends. Use Aim, or MSN, or #Fireman. :D

Yes, that is exactly what I was getting at. If you consider some1 a friend, you should be able to talk to them through IMs/privately and not just be their friend because you're both in the same forum.

Yes, that is exactly what I was getting at. If you consider some1 a friend, you should be able to talk to them through IMs/privately and not just be their friend because you're both in the same forum.

What do you mean "What do I expect"? I expect to have a discussion with my friends.

Plus, this is a FORUM. The whole purpose is to talk to people in topics. Why the hell would you join a forum if you were just going to communicate to people through comments or PMs? You should just get thier MSN/Aim name, and e-mail account, and just communicate through that.

Plus, I can't have a discussion between several people, in a two person PM. And I HATE going into chatrooms. And it seems an unnecesarry thing to do, when I have a FORUM here at my disposal.

Topics like this is like saying "this is an awkward silence" during an awkward silence, it just makes things worse.

Go about stuff like normal and stop dragging it up every single day and it will go away. But if you spend every single day going "shit is tense" it will stay that way, and you're not helping, regardless of your intentions. I'm not saying do nothing, but doing things like being nice, making other, normal conversations, and not bringing it up all the time is a good start.

Topics like this is like saying "this is an awkward silence" during an awkward silence, it just makes things worse.

Go about stuff like normal and stop dragging it up every single day and it will go away. But if you spend every single day going "shit is tense" it will stay that way, and you're not helping, regardless of your intentions. I'm not saying do nothing, but doing things like being nice, making other, normal conversations, and not bringing it up all the time is a good start.

*kisses*

THANK YOU

To be honest, and not to be mean, but you pointing out a topic isn't needed, and that you shouldn't say things are tense all the time, is sort of adding to the topic.

So really it's a contradiction then... You're trying to say not to bring it up, by bringing it up.

The topic is already here, it's not just going to vanish from memory now.

Edited by Cynthia

What do you mean "What do I expect"? I expect to have a discussion with my friends.

Plus, this is a FORUM. The whole purpose is to talk to people in topics. Why the hell would you join a forum if you were just going to communicate to people through comments or PMs? You should just get thier MSN/Aim name, and e-mail account, and just communicate through that.

Plus, I can't have a discussion between several people, in a two person PM. And I HATE going into chatrooms. And it seems an unnecesarry thing to do, when I have a FORUM here at my disposal.

It's allright, dont talk anymore. The more you try to explain, the more ppl throw their angry to you cause they wont change their opinion about you.

Actually, if I do something that make you sad, i am sorry. But, sometimes, you make things too serious for us to stand

Edited by Collete

I meant what I asked "What you expect" and I've received the answer. I don't know how many times you've made topics like these but I will say this: That's not what you should expect. As fireman stated, EVERY1 here could easily just view the thread and post something just to spite you.

I know what a forum is. Some topics are better left without creation... such as this one since it can be invaded by the unwanted. Recall that I said "these topics seem pointless"... That's exactly why I said it.

IMs/Private conversations are helpful if the forum isn't working out and from the looks of things... it certainly isn't.

Edited by Boo

I think the point is that if you're going to post a topic like "I'm sad, please cheer me up" you will get a variety of responses. Some people are just trolling you. Ignore or destroy them. Some people might just try to cheer you up. Some people may offer constructive criticism, etc.