The Official Ultima Super Battle Cruise Fortress Topic Deluxe!

Metal Rabbit

• Replies 44.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Metal Rabbit

• Masu

• noremaC

• Liz

What languages would you like to learn that you are not currently learning or already familiar in

goes both for natural and computer

Edited by Thor Odinson

What languages would you like to learn that you are not currently learning or already familiar in

would like to learn japanese at some point (dunno if that counts bc somewhat familiar)

or lojban that sounds really cool

computer languages would be like LISP or Haskell, one of those fully functional languages.

Which operating system(s) do you use?

typically windows 8.1 because i'm a student and linux takes too much effort to deal with while juggling shit (i expect this to get worse through college) and debian during breaks Edited by CT075

...Are men really struggling against discrimination though? I mean, there are certainly subgroups of men that are struggling against it, like racial minorities, LGBT men, those with certain kinds of mental disorders, etc, but men as a whole? I wasn't aware of any problems that I or any other man have had.

Closest thing I can think of is the way our culture sometimes ostracizes those men whom our society perceives as "too nice", or "too sensitive". Heck, I got into a heated discussion with my parents once because they apparently though I was being too "touchy feely" with my cousins, as well as the son of one of our contractors. My Dad even said something to the effect of...

"We're just coming out of the Michael Jackson era, so people are going to be paranoid of you, especially if they've never seen you with a girlfriend (which I have never really had). Yeah it's unfair, but it's the reality".

So, there you go. That's ONE thing I'd like to change in regards to how men are perceived.

Edited by FionordeQuester

Seriously? Divorced fathers generally have to pay stupid amounts of child support, hardly any sympathy for being on the receiving end of domestic abuse, even a certain stigma on male teachers having to fear the label of pedophilia.

Seriously? Divorced fathers generally have to pay stupid amounts of child support, hardly any sympathy for being on the receiving end of domestic abuse, even a certain stigma on male teachers having to fear the label of pedophilia.

Well, I adressed that fear of pedophilia thing above (but then, you probably posted before I had edited that in). As for the other things...well, I guess I just don't hear those sorts of stories often enough to remember them. I mean, I vaguely remember one story about how men are discriminated against in divorce cases, but...it's a really vague recollection.

So, I guess I just wasn't aware. I'm sorry to offend you :(...

Edited by FionordeQuester