Ranged Melee Weapons

Vere

It totally bothers me that enemy-only weapons can hit at range 2 yet it doesnt show them as dual weilding. Can anyone try to explain why the Kukri, Katti, Javelin, Nageyari, Mace, and Steel Stars are able to follow up? I know it seems pointless but im interested in what others have to say.

Because they're enemy-only weapons, and the Iron/Steel/Silver (insert weapon here) acts like the one-range version of the weapon (so an Iron Nageyari is a 1-2 range version of an Iron Naginata).

Because they're enemy-only weapons, and the Iron/Steel/Silver (insert weapon here) acts like the one-range version of the weapon (so an Iron Nageyari is a 1-2 range version of an Iron Naginata).

I know what they are. I use them for training. I was wondering if anyone could come up with a reason why they're a single-wielding weapon.

Edited by Vere

Dual-wielding? I think that's a Swordmaster's animation gimmick with several katana weapons (ie. Hagakure, Daikon Radish, Sunrise Katana, etc.). Are you sure you're not confusing whatever it is with something else?

As for follow-ups, it's the trope of the computer being a cheating bastard. Even then, it's not as bad as what can be seen in Awakening.

Edited by Roflolxp54

I know what they are. I use them for training. I was wondering if anyone could come up with a reason why they're a single-wielding weapon.

Because they're based on the Iron/Steel/Silver (weapon). So I'd imagine they stole the animations for it, too.