About the sacred/personal/divine weapons...

Dragoncat

I just noticed something. With the exception of Yato if you're playing as a female MU, the special weapons all belong to a male noble:

Rajinto: Ryoma

Fujin Yumi: Takumi

Siegfried: Xander

Brynhildr: Leo

I wonder if this was done on purpose. Brynhildr couldve easily gone to Camilla instead to break the trend since she can also use tomes. Maybe she'd have to join later or else she'd be OP, but yeah. Either that, or she could've had a sacred axe. Yato is Hoshidan in origin. It doesn't seem fair for Hoshido to have 3 sacred weapons while Nohr only has 2, a special axe for Camilla would've evened it out. Well, I guess there's Ganglari, but...that thing was cursed. It fricken EXPLODED and killed all those people. Doesn't sound like something a sacred weapon should do.

Do you think this is nothing big, or are the weapons sexist? They all choose their wielder, right? Any other thoughts?

Well, as for Siegfried and Brynhildr, their users both excelled in Strength and Intelligence respectively, so it makes sense on the Nohr side. Can't think of a reason why for Hoshido, though.

Yato is Hoshidan in origin. It doesn't seem fair for Hoshido to have 3 sacred weapons while Nohr only has 2, a special axe for Camilla would've evened it out.

Garon does have his own exclusive axe (Bolverk) which fits the naming convention of the other Nohrian divine weapons, but it's never mentioned if it actually is a divine weapon or not. I don't remember what its description said, but I like to think that it is. Maybe the Rainbow Sage made weapons other than the Yato-attuned ones?

I think that Azura should've gotten a divine weapon of her own, even if it was Revelation/Valla-exclusive. She is one of the protagonists, and she can't even use B or A ranked weapons as a Songstress. Also darn IS for misleading me into thinking that the Blessed Lance was Azura's special weapon.

I figured Garon would have a special weapon. All main antagonists tend to. Mikoto would probably have one too, one that could've belonged to Sumeragi...

That's interesting about Siegfried and Brynhildr choosing their wielders based on strength and intelligence, where is this stated?

Yeah the kids are father based this time around, so that might be why, but we still need a reason storywise if there is one.

That's interesting about Siegfried and Brynhildr choosing their wielders based on strength and intelligence, where is this stated?

Oh, sorry if I made it seem like I was stating official information. That was just my thought, since Nohr seems like the place who would pride themselves on excelling at skills and talents, and putting them up on a pedestal of sorts.

Well I can see the argument for sexism and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if some sexism was subconsiously involved considering how research has shown how prevalent this gender bias is among people even if they themselves are not aware of it. An argument for could be made based around how all the children outside of azura's son are now chosen by fathers, all legendary prf* weapons are for male characters(with possible exception for FECorrin) IS was apparently too lazy to add female Grandmaster as well as to a lesser extent male Great lord... granted I don't know if they themselves noticed the bias and it does have historical precedent.

Of course among classes vanilla to the game itself all of them are gender neutral with exception of the Hoshidan healer(which does share the same skills) so this is a biased veiwpoint of the game

And I totally Agree Azura should have had a prf* weapon IS was indeed trollish with that... Were they afraid it might maker her broken of something? That certainly didn't stop them from making Ryoma and Xander.

Well, as for Siegfried and Brynhildr, their users both excelled in Strength and Intelligence respectively, so it makes sense on the Nohr side. Can't think of a reason why for Hoshido, though.

Raijinto and Fujin Yumi, their users excel in Speed and Accuracy, respectively. The Yato just chose you because destiny stuff.

Camilla has a good reason to not have a legendary weapon: she would totally have broken the game in half. Imagine her coming in in Chapter 10 as usual, but with an axe version of Siegfried. It would destroy the notion of Conquest being harder than Birthright.

Okay, in seriousness, Hoshido actually does have a reason why its' weapons are male-only--they're a patriarchal society, as seen by the way the succession works (Hinoka mentions that she's getting the throne because Ryoma AND Takumi died, meaning succession is male-first regardless of gender). So Raijinto and Fujin Yumi go to male heirs; Yato's the only (potential) exception because it "chooses" its wielders rather than being given. For Nohr, Camilla might not have gotten Brynhildr because she started out as a Wyvern Rider, which can only uses axes, so by the time she was able to use magic her brother was already outshining her in that department.

And yes, Azura should definitely have gotten a special weapon too.

Yeah I found it a little weird that only your bros wield special weapons. I thought it'd be the oldest 2 siblings that would get special weapons. Though it means Hinoka's default would have to change to a Kinshi Knight or something.

I can see why Leo has the Brynhilder though. He's a magical genius and cares a lot more about tactics than Camilla, judging by how she's uninterested in the throne.

I think Azura doesn't have a special weapon because she's not meant to be used in combat, being a Songstress by default and all doesn't explain why she has such high Str though

It would have been great if in the story...

You kill one of your siblings of the opposite country, who have a legendary weapons, then, the weapon is passed down to another sibling.
LIke, imagine, Ryouma die, Takumi class change, take his Raijinto, but give away his Fuujin bow since he doesn't need it anymore, to either Sakura (healing units plus Fuujin) or Hinoka (flying units, plus Fuujin.).

Or, Xander die, Leon, class change too, take Siegfried, but give his Brynhildr to either Elise or Camilla.

Seriously, how awesome would that have been ?

One thing I wonder about is, how the weapons succession works ? Is it because you're strong enough in X category ? Because the gameplay say so ? Or maybe just about everyone can actually use it story wise, but the plot ignore it ? (Like it was done so many time in the past, not that I'm complaining.)

Edited by B.Leu

I don't know about the other weapons, but in Takumi and Kiragi's support, where Takumi teaches Kiragi how to use the Fujin Yumi, it's revealed that you need a lot of concentration in order to use it, so it's not something that you can just pick up and use (even though the weapon rating for it in the game is E lol)

Not only are the divine weapons male-only, but their owners all happen to have first-born sons to inherit them too. Heck, it's impossible for any of Corrin's brothers to have daughters at all.

I'd like to imagine that Camilla inherits Bolverk from Garon. It's an "elegant but cruel weapon" after all. With 1-3 range, 90 Hit, 10 Crit, and 21 Might, Bolverk blows every divine weapon out of the water. Gotta wonder where Garon got that anyway