I GOT AN A-

Ansem

I got a B- because I'm ass at orgo

But I got A's in both organometallic and inorganic, so I guess I'm good at orgo things that aren't orgo????????????

or maybe it's because i didn't fully understand electron pushing until after I took the class

fuck that shit was so hard

152/180 on the final literally the first year im doing okay on finals. this fucking class isnt curved either, but i might TA for it so there is that

wait don't you go to stony brook too

wait don't you graduate this year

wait we're old

Yes

I get my masters this year (assuming i pass everything i hope i do)

I'm old

Edited by Thor Odinson

What's orgo?

it's short for organic chemistry

aka that bit of chem i entire don't want to deal with despite being otherwise pretty good at normal chem

funny thing about orgo is that, it's the reason that I got an A- in that chem class we were in together because I got lazy and just didn't want to study it at all

otherwise I'd got an A but I was so done with everything and I just wanna focus on my own major aaaaah

Edited by Thor Odinson

it's short for organic chemistry

aka that bit of chem i entire don't want to deal with despite being otherwise pretty good at normal chem

funny thing about orgo is that, it's the reason that I got an A- in that chem class we were in together because I got lazy and just didn't want to study it at all

otherwise I'd got an A but I was so done with everything and I just wanna focus on my own major aaaaah

youd kill orgo tbh. one of my friends is a comp sci major who took orgo just for shits and giggles and hes currently failing on his comp sci classes but he gets 100s on the orgo exams. you get a mug from the professor if you get 100 and this kid is practically a celebrity since he has three.

oh and gen chem was stupid because of fucking alecks so an a- is p great.

youd kill orgo tbh. one of my friends is a comp sci major who took orgo just for shits and giggles and hes currently failing on his comp sci classes but he gets 100s on the orgo exams. you get a mug from the professor if you get 100 and this kid is practically a celebrity since he has three.

oh and gen chem was stupid because of fucking alecks so an a- is p great.

I'm like, really bad a anything involving memorization tho

I was good at gen chem bc i mathed my way out and memorized nothing

Yes

I get my masters this year (assuming i pass everything i hope i do)

I'm old

I took organic chemistry a whole 10 years ago.

Any older and I'd have to be a manakete and dress like a tart to be able to be a character in Fire Emblem.

Congrats, Sparks!

I had a double major of Chemistry and Biology in undergrad. A B in Intermediate German was the only thing that kept me from a 4.0 GPA, and I was inducted into Phi Beta Kappa.

I don't mean to belittle your accomplishment, and I hate bringing up my scholastic achievements, because it makes me sound like a royal b****, but I thought I'd share since we're on the subject. I was the curve killer in Physics, getting a 117% overall on the course, benefiting from the rest of the class's grades being normalized.

You know the really funny thing? I was held back a year in grade school. They thought I was retarded, but nope, just different. Not that I'm bitter or anything. It's nice being referred to as the one who knows everything, rather than the stupid one who never talks. The internet wasn't really a thing when I was young, but I spent a lot of time reading the World Book Encyclopedias that my family had. I've pushed myself and now I've got a good family and a good life. I'm almost 30, but it was worth it.

EDIT: If this sounds boastful or comes across wrong, let me know, and I apologize.

Edited by Rezzy

I took organic chemistry a whole 10 years ago.

Any older and I'd have to be a manakete and dress like a tart to be able to be a character in Fire Emblem.

did you need a 4.0 gpa and research to get into med school back then too?

did you need a 4.0 gpa and research to get into med school back then too?

It was very competitive. I also worked full time, around 40 hours per week while going to school full time, so I think they may have taken that into account when considering my application.

EDIT: If you can, get a job in the medical field and/or shadow a doctor, if that's what you want to do.

Edited by Rezzy

^^i didnt take your post as boastful at all! im actually curious about the accomplishments of people that graduated not that long ago and are in fields related to my interests. premed was interesting freshmen but i dont have the grades for it. im looking more into pursuing something research related,

austin are you taking the pcat or mcat?

I already took the mcat in January I got a 514 lol

the only thing that's holding me back from easy breezin into med school is my 3.5 GPA tbh

I had a double major of Chemistry and Biology in undergrad. A B in Intermediate German was the only thing that kept me from a 4.0 GPA, and I was inducted into Phi Beta Kappa.

Did you get a BS or BA in chem?

Did you get wrecked by p chem?

I'm scared for p chem am i going to get wrecked by p chem how do i do p chem

I already took the mcat in January I got a 514 lol

the only thing that's holding me back from easy breezin into med school is my 3.5 GPA tbh

I was confused for a second, I took the test back when they used the old scale.

Did you get a BS or BA in chem?

Did you get wrecked by p chem?

I'm scared for p chem am i going to get wrecked by p chem how do i do p chem

P Chem was tough, but I got an A. There's lots of math involved. It's on the opposite end of biochemistry and organic on the Biology-Physics Chemistry spectrum.

I was confused for a second, I took the test back when they used the old scale.

P Chem was tough, but I got an A. There's lots of math involved. It's on the opposite end of biochemistry and organic on the Biology-Physics Chemistry spectrum.

Percentile wise it's 93% so it converts to like a 34/35

omg but i did shit in biochem/orgo but i hate math awoefjasndlkfahowefajsdf its over