If Kozaki doesn't return for the next Fire Emblem game, who would you want to draw the next Game and the writer too.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who did the art for Ephraim in Awakening? He had the best art, in my opinion.

Oh yeah! I definitely wouldn't mind whoever did that one, that piece is the most incredible official FE art I've seen since Senri Kita's stuff!

Who did the art for Ephraim in Awakening? He had the best art, in my opinion.

It's the one who did the art for the Binding Blade manga, if I remember correctly.

NO, please no. >_< Apparently, the guy who did Elibe is the same guy who did the stupid Ike DLC art for Awakening and we all know how awful that piece is. I'd rather not risk seeing more abominations. That art was a disgrace to Ike's name!

Also, to those people saying the artist for PoR and/or RD. That was Senri Kita. Just to point out.

Well, the characters from 6 and 7 were designed fairly well. Ike just happened to come from a bad batch and they just went with it.

NO, please no. >_< Apparently, the guy who did Elibe is the same guy who did the stupid Ike DLC art for Awakening and we all know how awful that piece is. I'd rather not risk seeing more abominations. That art was a disgrace to Ike's name!

Um, I was referring to his work on the Elibe characters whom are for the most part well designed in my opinion. I'm thinking the Ike DLC are was uniquely styled because it's much worse in quality to his usual designs.

You know, looking at a lot of those Cipher cards, you could easily forget the women are also part of an army...

How so? They aren't serious business enough? No proper uniforms?

Edited by NekoKnight

I know I'm close to alone on this one but I'd love an FE with characters designed by Kinu Nishimura. She did the DLC Est artwork, but known mostly for her work on Street Fighter and Zero Escape.

I know I'm close to alone on this one but I'd love an FE with characters designed by Kinu Nishimura. She did the DLC Est artwork, but known mostly for her work on Street Fighter and Zero Escape.

I don't know man, some people think Kozaki is too fanservicey.

NSFW

deco01.png

And this is from another Nintendo game!

I don't know man, some people think Kozaki is too fanservicey.

NSFW

deco01.png

And this is from another Nintendo game!

I'm aware that Nishimura has her fair share of fanservice work (I played and finished Code of Princess), but whether there are boobs and deep cleavages in the next FE game is not really up to the character designer. That role is still subjected to what the directors tell them to do.

I don't think one bad design should preclude Eiji Kaneda from the discussion. I personally think that Senri Kita's RD design for Ike was awful, but that's not going to stop me from advocating her as a replacement for Kozaki if he chooses to not return for FE15.

I'm aware that Nishimura has her fair share of fanservice work (I played and finished Code of Princess), but whether there are boobs and deep cleavages in the next FE game is not really up to the character designer. That role is still subjected to what the directors tell them to do.

I know, I'm just messing with you. I would be fine her working on the series.

I don't think one bad design should preclude Eiji Kaneda from the discussion. I personally think that Senri Kita's RD design for Ike was awful, but that's not going to stop me from advocating her as a replacement for Kozaki if he chooses to not return for FE15.

O.O

...You don't like buff "Chris Redfield" Ike?

BLASPHEMY!!

How so? They aren't serious business enough? No proper uniforms?

It just feels like every other Cipher card I see have the women either looking like innocent little angels or they're just half-naked in an awkward position. Just observations from the Fire Emblem wikia, so I'm sure (or at least hope) I've missed some of the better ones. I just found the difference between the artwork Hardin linked to be pretty amusing (and sad).

Eh, while Urobutcher's works are certainly grim, they tend to end on a somewhat hopeful note (Particularly PMMM before Rebellion, and then there's the whole Uro was forced to write a third part/third part ending was changed to setup a sequel/4th movie when debacle), and it's not like FE hasn't at least one or two big grimdark moments per game.

Oh, related to art. If things were changed, please bring the 2D sprites again. The 3DS models aren't bad, but the animations often feel somewhat generic, compared to the more over-the-top GBA FE criticals that looked awesome (Hero and Berserker being the best examples of this).

Eh, while Urobutcher's works are certainly grim, they tend to end on a somewhat hopeful note (Particularly PMMM before Rebellion, and then there's the whole Uro was forced to write a third part/third part ending was changed to setup a sequel/4th movie when debacle), and it's not like FE hasn't at least one or two big grimdark moments per game.

Oh, related to art. If things were changed, please bring the 2D sprites again. The 3DS models aren't bad, but the animations often feel somewhat generic, compared to the more over-the-top GBA FE criticals that looked awesome (Hero and Berserker being the best examples of this).

As much as I miss the Swordmaster's doppelganger clone critical animation, I doubt they would bring back 2D sprites. At least not to replace 3D models. It would be cool if there was an option to choose.

Non-FE, though, whoever did the art for Final Fantasy VII

Seconded. I always thought that, when Cloud was announced for SSB4, not drawing anyone like Marth or Ike was a bit of a wasted opportunity for Tetsuya Nomura. I'd like to see how he'd do if Kozaki doesn't do the artwork for the next game for whatever reason.

If not him, then maybe Raita Honjou.I loved his work for the Valkyria Chronicles games.

Writers? I'm not too sure.

As much as I miss the Swordmaster's doppelganger clone critical animation, I doubt they would bring back 2D sprites. At least not to replace 3D models. It would be cool if there was an option to choose.

Perhaps there's a chance that we could get the over-the-top animations with the 3D models, but I don't exactly see it happening (Particularly because clipping issues could very easily turn an amazing concept into something that looks eh at best).

O.O

...You don't like buff "Chris Redfield" Ike?

BLASPHEMY!!

I would proudly wear the crown of heresy!

I hated Chris's sudden RE5 buffness too, great memes aside. It's just a personal taste thing, really; characters suddenly becoming super buff when they weren't before just ends up looking like they pasted someone's head on a different character's body. Especially Ike, who became more buff than the game's actual Fighters, with biceps wider than Soren's head.

That's only because Urobutcher's mellowed out a bit as time has passed (emphaisis on a bit). In his earlier days, he was much less willing to let anyone have a happy ending.

Seconded. I always thought that, when Cloud was announced for SSB4, not drawing anyone like Marth or Ike was a bit of a wasted opportunity for Tetsuya Nomura. I'd like to see how he'd do if Kozaki doesn't do the artwork for the next game for whatever reason.

Honestly, between "belts and zippers" and the fact that his designs often dip into absolutely silly territory (lookin' at you, belt-skirt!) I don't think Nomura would be a good choice. Especially since, a few stand-outs aside, FE usually favors practical, actually armored designs over Nomura's more elaborate aesthetic.

Edited by AzureSen

Hirohiko Araki would be a hilarious but actually impressive choice for art lead. Nobody would ever complain that strength growths weren't appropriate again.

A R A K I

A R A K I

A R A K I

Araki aside, instead of hiring more big-name artists I'd like to see new blood with a lot of skill being brought in from say, pixiv, or something. Maybe someone who already draws FE fanart and has a passion for the series and need a job. I know part of my decision to go into compsci instead of art 5 years ago is because the competition for art jobs is a lot harsher than that of a programmer's and it's tough to make it as a professional if you aren't already one, so I really would like to see some of those very talented artists who aren't necessarily part of the industry but have the technical skill and passion to be brought in to do art.

Some of you probably want me to do character designs lmao

Honestly, between "belts and zippers" and the fact that his designs often dip into absolutely silly territory (lookin' at you, belt-skirt!) I don't think Nomura would be a good choice. Especially since, a few stand-outs aside, FE usually favors practical, actually armored designs over Nomura's more elaborate aesthetic.

I don't see why he wouldn't do a good job, though. Considering how he drew the characters from FFs 1-6. As well as Link, Mario, DK, and Mr. Game-And-Watch, for that Cloud announcement artwork for SSB4

I don't see why he wouldn't do a good job, though. Considering how he drew the characters from FFs 1-6. As well as Link, Mario, DK, and Mr. Game-And-Watch, for that Cloud announcement artwork for SSB4

That Mr. Game & Watch was top-notch work

We also have yet to see FE artstyle in rendered form, kinda like how most of Mario's game artworks are nowadays. Maybe something like that, but it may ruin the fantasy feel to the series...

I hated Chris's sudden RE5 buffness too, great memes aside. It's just a personal taste thing, really; characters suddenly becoming super buff when they weren't before just ends up looking like they pasted someone's head on a different character's body. Especially Ike, who became more buff than the game's actual Fighters, with biceps wider than Soren's head.

I'm pretty sure most people hated Chris's watermelon biceps or at the very least found them pretty hilarious. I know I was laughing.

of course you stop hating chris's watermelon biceps at the final boss

I agree with Thor that maybe drawing in some new blood from Pixiv might be good but if it has to be a big name artist then I'd personally vote for whoever did Valkyria Chronicles art.

I would proudly wear the crown of heresy!

Off to the stocks with you!

When I see characters that start out scrawny blow up, I just automatically assume they use muscle building as a coping mechanism. As for Ike, I think they passed it off as him having some kind of growth spurt and as a way to illustrate how he was growing to match his father's girth. pause Also, I only really like the design because I like the dissonance it creates with his voice. He is this huge ogre but has this calm, somewhat quiet and refined voice.

1-6 includes 4.

Please give me a Dragoon-based FE class. PLEASE!

FF 1-6's character designs were done by Yoshitaka Amano. Nomura didn't start character designs until 7, and would have been under the direction of Nintendo's art director for that announcement artwork. When you let Nomura do as he pleases, you get designs like this monstrosity.

Off to the stocks with you!

When I see characters that start out scrawny blow up, I just automatically assume they use muscle building as a coping mechanism. As for Ike, I think they passed it off as him having some kind of growth spurt and as a way to illustrate how he was growing to match his father's girth. pause Also, I only really like the design because I like the dissonance it creates with his voice. He is this huge ogre but has this calm, somewhat quiet and refined voice.

Eh, fair enough. I do think that at the very least they went overboard, because Ike is clearly way more buff than Greil was back in PoR, especially if you compare their Hero battle models. That aside, given that the rest of her work is great, I'm more than willing to give Kita a pass regardless.

Edited by AzureSen