If Kozaki doesn't return for the next Fire Emblem game, who would you want to draw the next Game and the writer too.

I agree with Sen, Nomura can draw well but he goes way over the top when it comes to designs. This was more than evident when he was asked to design how Batman if he had him in Kingdom Hearts and we got this shit

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I love Senri Kita and the Tellius games I don't wan her to return, actually I don't want that any of the other artists that already work with the series to return, not even Kozaki. One of the things I'm most exited when a new FE games is announced is how is going to be the art style, I love seeing new art styles in every game as it makes every new entries that are not directly related to another game more unique. So yeah, no returning artist, please.

The one I will absolutely want to see as new artist for the series is Akihiko Yoshida (Tactics Ogre, FF Tactics, Vagrant's Story, Bravely Default), As I'm serious love with the art style of that man and will absolutely want to see how he will design a FE game.

Other that I personally want to will be Ayami Kojima (Castlevania SotN, Dracula Chronicles X, Aria of Sorrow).

And just for fun there are some other artists that I think will make quite a good job but are most certainly not to happen:

Kentaru Mirua: Mangaka of Berserk, if anyone now how to make good armors and bot tough looking characters is him, sadly his work schedule most likely will never allow him to do anything but Berserk for the rest of his life, also I heard rumors that he has pretty bad mental health.

Takashi Takeuchi: The main artist and designer of the Fate/Satay night and his thousands of derivatives, he does some pretty cool locking armor and characters that are really not that fan servery most of the time, plus every female character will have the face of Saber or Rin. Pretty unlikely to happen thought.

And that's are my pick for next artist, as I say, really don't want to have a returning artist, even if it's Senri Kita. I want a new artistic vision to the series with the new entries.

For the writers... I don't now much about writers to be honest. If the hire someone, my pick hope will be Kinoko Nasu, the witter of Fate/Stay Night as I think he writes cool, dark and tragic stories well, if not the one who wrote PoR did a decent story so they can use that guy, I guess.

On a story level, what the next FE needs more is for IntSys to be willing to edit and change elements, rather than bringing in a famous writer. A major problem with Fates is that IntSys decided that Kibayashi's first draft was just peachy (despite being unfinished to the point where several characters weren't even named) as it was and decided to implement it with minimal changes. Bringing in another famous writer could very likely lead to the same situation.

I agree with Sen, Nomura can draw well but he goes way over the top when it comes to designs. This was more than evident when he was asked to design how Batman if he had him in Kingdom Hearts and we got this shit

Nomura is one of those artists who is best when kept on a tight leash, because otherwise he just over-designs everything and then you get things like Mecha Batman or Nero the Sable's...whole outfit.

I didn't say that he designed them. Only that he drew them at some point.

All of the Dissida designs for characters from 1-6 were based on Amano's original concept art. Nomura even specifically redesigned his own characters to match Amano's style for that game. As a whole, I don't think the Dissidia designs are indicative of Nomura's actual art style.

Edited by AzureSen

As a TYPE-MOON fan I agree that Takeuchi would be a great artist. And it guarantees the return of the maid class and if the game has an avatar there's guaranteed to be an option for the female so that they look like Saber because Takeuchi has to put his waifu in everything

I would actually like Takeuchi Takahi, Wada Arco, or Shima Shinoji. I personally really liked their arts styles for all the servants and CEs they did in Grand Order.

Do you remember what happened last time she drew a FE character?

This happened.

NWVu3Ra.jpg

EDIT: The next artist should totally be Akira Toriyama so we can play the "Which Dragon Ball character do they look like?" game.

Edited by The Geek

As a TYPE-MOON fan I agree that Takeuchi would be a great artist. And it guarantees the return of the maid class and if the game has an avatar there's guaranteed to be an option for the female so that they look like Saber because Takeuchi has to put his waifu in everything

This happened.

NWVu3Ra.jpg

Wait, seriously? No wonder I thought the Nero art looked similar...

But I was thinking something similar to this:

fdTyfdJ.png

Edited by MidoriMage

I honestly do not see the issue with that Micaiah art. What is everyone's beef with it?

The conspicuous lack of a nose bothers me. And she somehow drew Micaiah as even more of a moe blob than Senri Kita did.

This happened.

NWVu3Ra.jpg

EDIT: The next artist should totally be Akira Toriyama so we can play the "Which Dragon Ball character do they look like?" game.

She also did Flora which was generally praised by fans.

B03-085.png

I honestly do not see the issue with that Micaiah art. What is everyone's beef with it?

I mean, aside from the purposeful...enhancements and attempts to make her sexier while also making her more moe, the lack of nose is jarring, her eyes look empty and hollow, and the collar makes her neck look unnaturally long. It's not as bad as Celica's DLC art, which was drawn by an actual h-artist and shows that Celica is basically wearing an unsecured flap of cloth to cover her chest on top of making her look way younger, but it's still not great.

Edited by AzureSen

She also did Flora which was generally praised by fans.

B03-085.png

Hmm... never knew she drew Flora's Cipher art. I dunno, though. Not generally a fan of her art style and a lot of her Servant designs in Fate/EXTRA are a little more sexual than I'd want in FE (yes even more so than in Fates)

I mean, aside from the purposeful...enhancements and attempts to make her sexier while also making her more moe, the lack of nose is jarring, her eyes look empty and hollow, and the collar makes her neck look unnaturally long. It's not as bad as Celica's DLC art, which was drawn by an actual h-artist and shows that Celica is basically wearing an unsecured flap of cloth to cover her chest on top of making her look way younger, but it's still not great.

Huh. Guess I never really paid attention because I didn't really care about Micaiah.

Hmm... never knew she drew Flora's Cipher art. I dunno, though. Not generally a fan of her art style and a lot of her Servant designs in Fate/EXTRA are a little more sexual than I'd want in FE (yes even more so than in Fates)

I didn't really think that many of the servants were that sexual. Tamamo and Drake are questionable considering the former looks like a shrine maiden and Drake's reason for being female is bs, but at least Nero makes sense considering her personality.

Edited by MidoriMage

I didn't really think that many of the servants were that sexual. Tamamo and Drake are questionable considering the former looks like a shrine maiden and Drake's reason for being female is bs, but at least Nero makes sense considering her personality.

When I say Servants I'm mostly referring to

[spoiler=Possibly Fate/EXTRA CCC Spoilers I'm Not Sure]

The Sakura Alter Egos

Hirohiko Araki would be a hilarious but actually impressive choice for art lead. Nobody would ever complain that strength growths weren't appropriate again.

The guys behind the Tellius storywriting plus Araki would make the ultimate FE.

I wish they'd get Ken Yokoyama (Blazing Sword, Tellius games) to come back.

But in any case, I don't really mind who's in for art and story writing as long as they're good (and know how to make a video game story).

Akira Toriyama On a more serious note, maybe a Western artist/writer? I would definitely like to see what Frank Miller would do for Fire Emblem (even if that has the potential to be even worse than Shin Kibayashi.)

isn't he that guy who wrote that supposedly really really terrible story that was basically batman vs al qaeda?

like i know he was well-known for writing a lot of really good stuff but i've also heard that in more recent years he's written some pretty terrible things

isn't he that guy who wrote that supposedly really really terrible story that was basically batman vs al qaeda?

like i know he was well-known for writing a lot of really good stuff but i've also heard that in more recent years he's written some pretty terrible things

Yes, although for copyright reasons he had to change it to not!Batman, even though it's basically still a Batman story (and also yes, it was really awful). The general consensus seems to be that Miller hasn't written anything good in over a decade.

Edited by AzureSen

Troll answer:

P01-003PR.JPG

Daisuke Izuka, the god of way too many details. He also has hair so crazy that it makes Ryoma look boring (will post pics upon request)

Serious answer:

B01-053HN.png

Kaoru Hagiya. Her works are amazingly beautiful, and she's been doodling for a really long time. I can link some of her other works, if anyone's interested.

You know who I'd like to do the art? Ryohei Fuke (Steins;Gate and Black Rock Shooter). I mean, we're already anime. Might as well go the full nine yards.

[spoiler=Art Examples]

NFwZpLr.jpg

KvmUzwp.jpg

TtOKwLJ.jpg

Oh man, how can I forget about Fuke? He is also one of my favorites, I would love to see him being the main artist in the next game . (Not as much as Yoshida tho, I seriously love that man art)

Edited by Purikaman

Returnee Sachiko Wada: Just tell her to old back down from big eye syndrome, although she was nowhere near as bad as Kita with that particular issue. I would also love to see toi8 get a shot, love his work on #fe.

Cipher: Haccan: Nailed the SD/MOE aesthetic

NO, please no. >_< Apparently, the guy who did Elibe is the same guy who did the stupid Ike DLC art for Awakening and we all know how awful that piece is. I'd rather not risk seeing more abominations. That art was a disgrace to Ike's name!

Also, to those people saying the artist for PoR and/or RD. That was Senri Kita. Just to point out.

Awakening's hero design was awful, and Kaneda definitely had perspective issues with that piece. However, his new cipher Roy is just great. All artists are allowed there clunkers, I generally love Kozaki's art, but I don't like some of his cipher art, while Kita has had amazing cipher pieces in her Ikes and Sorens but her Chroms and Azuras are not that great.

Edited by Draxal