If Kozaki doesn't return for the next Fire Emblem game, who would you want to draw the next Game and the writer too.

You really don't. Xenogears is so bad it's good because it's a funny trainwreck and it's amusing to spot all the anime/movies/books the writers blatantly steal from, but Xenosaga is even more infuriating than Fates and made me feel like a sex offender after witnessing the first game's.

The only Xeno- game I'm really familiar with is Xenoblade Chronicles, but I consider Xenoblade Chronicles' story to be one of the best video game stories I've encountered. So as long as it's more Xenoblade and less whatever made Xenogears and Xenosaga bad I'll live XD

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? I thought it was the other way around. That RD Ike's official art looked more bulky (I mean overall, not just the arms) while his in-game portrait made him look slimmer (especially at the waistline). Either way though, he has some beefy arms and sexy biceps. <3

You know his official art is from, like, a side view perspective, so that doesn't help. He looks slimmer than one might think from that angle. His portrait has him standing straight with his torso facing the player while his head tilted away to the side in this odd way. Also...

*nosebleed*

I like bara beefy arms and chiseled biceps. I cannot lie. No other person can deny.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

I literally just looked up some fan art of RD Ike expecting some huge, over-the-top muscles. But some of them are actually pretty decent (if not somewhat weird).

Looking at just his RD portrait, though, Ike seems pretty well toned. He doesn't have the biggest muscles in Fire Emblem, but he's big.

...Why am I talking about this?

Hm, exaggerated physical attributes in fan art? This is a new one to me! Surely if I google Camilla or Mei from Overwatch, I'll get nothing but accurate portrayals of their in-game models.

I literally just looked up some fan art of RD Ike expecting some huge, over-the-top muscles. But some of them are actually pretty decent (if not somewhat weird).

Looking at just his RD portrait, though, Ike seems pretty well toned. He doesn't have the biggest muscles in Fire Emblem, but he's big.

...Why am I talking about this?

You're not looking in the right places.

XaxoK3z.jpg

Oh please, anyone but the writers of Xenoblade.

I love Xenoblade and Xenoblade X (two of my all-time favorite JRPG's) but in no way, shape, or form do I want their writers going to Fire Emblem.

Xenoblade's story is borderline crap. The gameplay was it's most redeeming quality.

I'm sure all of us would like a chance to write or draw for an FE game, huh? Or at least those of us with some fanfic ideas.

XaxoK3z.jpg

mHQMdPg.jpg

The only Xeno- game I'm really familiar with is Xenoblade Chronicles, but I consider Xenoblade Chronicles' story to be one of the best video game stories I've encountered. So as long as it's more Xenoblade and less whatever made Xenogears and Xenosaga bad I'll live XD

I am watching a playthrough of Xenoblade Chronicles and i am liking the story so far. Making me wish i had the new 3ds.

Hm, exaggerated physical attributes in fan art? This is a new one to me! Surely if I google Camilla or Mei from Overwatch, I'll get nothing but accurate portrayals of their in-game models.

Just don't look in Devientart.....

I love Xenoblade and Xenoblade X (two of my all-time favorite JRPG's) but in no way, shape, or form do I want their writers going to Fire Emblem.

Xenoblade's story is borderline crap. The gameplay was it's most redeeming quality.

Worst than Conquest's story? I don't think thats possible. :p

and now serene's law is going to take course

I'm sure all of us would like a chance to write or draw for an FE game, huh? Or at least those of us with some fanfic ideas.

mHQMdPg.jpg

Titania's face perfectly matches mine.

Edited by Blade_of_Light

I kinda like X's story actually. But I don't want the writers to take part in FE, no way. The worst that can happen is Chrom actually DOES get sent to Mars (or we get more characters like Tharja or Niles)

If Tetsuya Takahashi writes the story, expect at least one character to get crucified or placed in a similar pose. Story significance optional.

Also, the story would be anime as hell.

I kinda like X's story actually. But I don't want the writers to take part in FE, no way. The worst that can happen is Chrom actually DOES get sent to Mars (or we get more characters like Tharja or Niles)

I actually do like X's story quite a bit (more than most who have played the game), but yeah, I don't want it anywhere near Fire Emblem.

XaxoK3z.jpg

...O_o;

Anyway,

I like bara beefy arms and chiseled biceps. I cannot lie. No other person can deny.

I love those too, man, I love those too. <3

And no matter who draws the FE characters next, no more battle panties or the entire female cast being pantsless, PLEASE. Also, better poses for the females, I'm tired of Kozaki's constant inward toe pointing and asses in our face and dumb shit like that...

Edited by Anacybele

I really, really love Kozaki's style, so I hope he returns for at least one more game. He has a style I wish I could emulate because it's friggin' gorgeous. If not, imagine if Nintendo/IntSys got the guy who draws the Persona art on board? That would be cool.

As for story...I just thought, what if the guy who wrote PMMM was brought in? Would probably be the first FE with a truly downer ending, unless someone becomes Jesus like Madoka and saves everyone.

I really don't know anything about that Xeno-saga storyline, so for what good it does to me know the guys or not...

The general verdict I've heard is that gameplay is purfect, story is narm.

Thinking about it, I would also be interested in seeing Homare take a crack at the franchise in a big way.

B02-016.png

You do know Homare draws mostly, Ecchi/Hentai things, right ?

Mind you, I'm not saying that it would be bad if Homare worked for a Fire Emblem game.

Just don't look in Devientart.....

There's worst than deviantart y'know. :p

As much as I like Xenoblade and Xenoblade X, I don't think I'd go for its writer. He makes some deep stuff but Xenoblade at its core it's a pretty straightforward RPG. Shulk is a promising village kid with the dumb muscle foil , his village gets canned like all JRPG protagonist do, so he's out for revenge against Mechon, then he realizes not all Mechon are evil, helps the nice ones and understands revenge ain't the best thing and then we just go Final Fantasy fighting gods because we humans shape our future not them.

I'm glossing a lot of stuff since I don't want to spoil everything, but that's basically the gist of it. The writer is known to use subtle imagery using Gnosticism and various religions for symbolism but if Xenoblade X is any indication nothing really mind blowing will show up until the very end of the game.

The presentation however is amazing, all cutscenes are amazing to look at and the battles all feel really climatic. It's enjoyable and I guess it would do its job alright, but in a tactics game like FE, I don't know how much the presentation could get away with considering I don't truly believe he develops much of the characters beyond their archetypes.

Mind you, I'm not saying that it would be bad if Homare worked for a Fire Emblem game.

Who doesn't know? I think he's a talented artist, and he's already worked on the series so NCL clearly doesn't see it as an issue.

As long as I'm dreaming I'd like to see FE bring in one or more of the writers from the Suikoden series. Suikoden has a lot in common with FE: large cast, war stories, politics, etc., but Suikodens have generally been much better-written IMHO. Suikoden's writing with FE's gameplay would be some sort of dream game for me.

I think Xenogears is pretty great (writing-wise), especially for the time, but I like pretty much nothing Takahashi has done since. Xenosaga is just a mess IMO, Xenoblade was... okay, kinda paint-by-numbers I thought. Haven't played X, may not bother since I didn't enjoy Xenoblade's gameplay.

I don't mind Kozaki as long as they fire the art director (who's also the one who designed the armor in Awakening at least so uh).

Honestly the only person I'd like to see return is probably Wada - her painting style and general outfit designs are gorgeous and and her Leif art/Cipher art has generally been fantastic (barring a few weird things with the Camilla card). She also seems capable of matching other art styles so I doubt we'd be absolutely stuck with the large eyed characters from FE8.

Outside of that I'm surprised to see that Kazuya Nuri (who worked on Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice and Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney) hasn't been mentioned (or if he has I missed him). Admittedly his work on Ace Attorney is very exaggerated due to the nature of the games, but PL vs AA proved to me he could design fantasy outfits pretty well.

tumblr_midp9pUAeJ1rj2sv1o8_1280.jpg

I saw someone mention Kaneko and as hilarious as that would be he'd be the worst possible fit for Fire Emblem. I love him but his work is best suited for demons and horror-ish games.

Writing wise I'm not sure? I think Shu Takumi would be great for supports and character interaction but he likes stories with plot twists on plot twists and Fire Emblem wouldn't work too well for that (unless they decided to make it a murder mystery, lol). I think that the Persona writers could make a decent world and I think that the Devil Summoner writers would make some awesome stuff, but I don't think it would fit well with Fire Emblem?

Maybe a Final Fantasy writer since that's more in line with FE.

I think Akihiko Yoshida would be a great choice, but he might be busy with Nier 2.

Matsuno would be a natural choice for a writer too and he would've been perfect for Fates, especially since some of the characters there ape some of the characters in Tactics Ogre.

As impossible as this would be due to his contract with Sony as of now, I want Hideo Kojima to head writing the story

Keep Kozaki for the art, as I like his work in Fates. Failing that, get whoever the hell did the art for Tearring Saga.

It's not surprising. A lot of people start from ecchi related things.

Niles's JP voice actor? Was in a lot of erotic audio dramas. A lot of artists go from drawing hentai to drawing actual manga/anime. It's not entirely uncommon.

to my knowelge originally there were two paths

and some one at IS thought it would be a good idea to rewrite the story so that there could be an allover happy ending with the third path (really the best thing that came out of that was the supports)

I'd let the guy who wrote Fates a second chance if IS had no overall major edits to the plot

also fire who ever thought some of revelations map gimmics was a good idea

and keep the composer on staff, Fates has probably the best soundtrack in the series IMO. Also bring back that girl who composed FE1-7 to do the recruitment theme

And no matter who draws the FE characters next, no more battle panties or the entire female cast being pantsless, PLEASE. Also, better poses for the females, I'm tired of Kozaki's constant inward toe pointing and asses in our face and dumb shit like that...

Yeah, I agree. There's nothing practical about going into battle with little armor (besides fanservice, what good is going out there in your undies anyway?) The female knights, cavaliers, pegasus knights... What happened to the good character design? The Dark Mages have gone so far downhill...

Don't forget Kozaki's occasional two left feet!

Yeah, I agree. There's nothing practical about going into battle with little armor (besides fanservice, what good is going out there in your undies anyway?) The female knights, cavaliers, pegasus knights... What happened to the good character design? The Dark Mages have gone so far downhill...

Pegasus Knights were always like that, though? Even as far back as Akaneia, the standard Pegasus Knight outfit was thigh-high boots + skirts. But yeah, every other female class could do with far more armor or more practical outfits. Peg Knights may have an excuse, but that's it.

Edited by AzureSen