Face-Rubbing is gone in the European version too!

Anacybele

There really was no chance of it being in the EU version, after NOJ distanced themselves from it and made the MC overview vid private.

Oh yeah, weren't you the one who told me about that in the first place? That's actually hilarious! I remember the confusion that followed the video when it first came out; it was glorious.

I do hope the time and effort of the artists can be put to something else in the next installment. People are free to like whatever they want, but I never felt like this belonged in the series.

Edited by Thane

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked skinship because it gave more minor characters tons of spoken lines, and gave more intimacy to you and your spouse's relationship. The new skinship is boring and annoying. They just...cycle through the same 3 lines. I even got sick of Niles after a while. I've never gotten to 3 big hearts just because the whole process is so slow and gives me a headache. I'm sure I would've felt the same way towards the original skinship after a time, but I'd probably enjoy it for longer. Still, it makes sense EU didn't get it, either.

There's no point in getting to 3 big hearts anyways since the Toga of Love swimsuit accessory got removed (or dummied out) in the localized release.

2 big hearts unlock the Love Bracelet accessory; 3 big hearts get you nothing for a reward.

Edited by Roflolxp54

There's no point in getting to 3 big hearts anyways since the Toga of Love swimsuit accessory got removed (or dummied out) in the localized release.

2 big hearts unlock the Love Bracelet accessory; 3 big hearts get you nothing for a reward.

Other than hearing/reading the special lines I guess.

Oh yeah, weren't you the one who told me about that in the first place? That's actually hilarious! I remember the confusion that followed the video when it first came out; it was glorious.

I do hope the time and effort of the artists can be put to something else in the next installment. People are free to like whatever they want, but I never felt like this belonged in the series.

It needs to be noted that the main reason why this happened was because the comments and feedback were getting really bad at that point. I mean REALLY bad. Like death threat bad.

It needs to be noted that the main reason why this happened was because the comments and feedback were getting really bad at that point. I mean REALLY bad. Like death threat bad.

Sigh, now it's not funny anymore. Okay well yeah it is but why does the internet have to ruin everything? I liked to imagine Nintendo just watching that dislike bar grow at a rapid rate while the person in charge went "I've made a terrible mistake!".

Sigh, now it's not funny anymore. Okay well yeah it is but why does the internet have to ruin everything? I liked to imagine Nintendo just watching that dislike bar grow at a rapid rate while the person in charge went "I've made a terrible mistake!".

Kinda stupid when you think about it.

Sure, it was strange and out of place, but there's a line you can't cross.

Death treats over something like this is just stupid.

In the end, it's just a feature in game. Nothing more, nothing less.

People are making this much bigger than it really is.

Kinda stupid when you think about it.

Sure, it was strange and out of place, but there's a line you can't cross.

Death treats over something like this is just stupid.

In the end, it's just a feature in game. Nothing more, nothing less.

People are making this much bigger than it really is.

The sad thing is, that sort of train of thought goes beyond trivial things like video game mechanics.

As someone who played both JP and NA versions, I'll say you guys aren't missing much. Getting all the hearts is tedious work and considering how intimate the mini-game is, it's really awkward doing it with a gender you're not compatible with. I think ideally it should have been like the NA version but allowing you to talk to several characters per interval. And add more things for them to say.

I didn't particularly care about the feature and it was kinda...weird. But the trend I find more disturbing in games and media in general is this cutting of content because it might "offend" somebody or violate their safe space.

This. Didn't care about it being in the game, but i do find it silly that they felt the need to cut it.

Can't really say I miss not having it. At the same time though pulling it from the game along with crap like the swimsuits is a little bit dumb in my opinion... Also what they did with Soleil's supports was a little iffy in my opinion but this isn't the thread for that. Also apparently the Euro version fixed some spelling issues that were in the NA version, I didn't even notice any of them until someone pointed them out to me since I read pretty fast, but hey, good for you guys.

Just going to add that speaking for a group of people is a little bit fucked OP.

One thing that DOES bother me about the way bonding was used in the localized version is that the models appear for a few seconds and then disappear automatically. I felt that the models were really well done but it sucks I can't look at them for as long as I want. Was it that difficult to add a "Press Button to Leave" function?

Yeah, a European friend of mine who got the game a day early in the mail just confirmed it to me. So all you Europeans still waiting to get your copy, fear not, NoE was smart like NoA. :P

And here's hoping that this means the feature won't be returning in future games, including Japanese versions.

I actually hope in the future they don't butcher content, and I personally would like them to keep experimenting with the formula than continue to churn out carbon copies of previous entries in the series. This is doubly the case because many of the things cut could simply have an option to disable. Fates is still one of my favorite games to date, but the "face rubbing" was a feature I was looking forward to, and while I understand why it was ultimately cut it's pretty damn irritating to see people still express glee that some fans were denied something they'd enjoy.

I personally was completely indifferent to the whole skinship thing, and I pretty much knew from the get go that it was a feature that wasn't going to make it to the international release.

But really, it's such a small thing that I can't get behind the people who say that the game's price should have been reduced over it not being included.

I actually hope in the future they don't butcher content, and I personally would like them to keep experimenting with the formula than continue to churn out carbon copies of previous entries in the series. This is doubly the case because many of the things cut could simply have an option to disable. Fates is still one of my favorite games to date, but the "face rubbing" was a feature I was looking forward to, and while I understand why it was ultimately cut it's pretty damn irritating to see people still express glee that some fans were denied something they'd enjoy.

Yeah, I guess it would be a shame if it's something you were looking forward to and it definitely isn't fair to gloat over its removal.

I guess you could say that this whole face-petting controversy simply boils down to Different Strokes for Different Folks.

I'm sorry, I'll leave now.

Googling "define skinship" gives me this:

It defines skinship as “feelings of relatedness and affection between two people, particularly a mother and a child, caused by hugging, touching, and other forms of physical contact.”

There never should have been anything weird or awkward or sexual about Fire Emblem Amie in the first place. Even if a significant number of lines were suggestive in nature, that doesn't mean the whole thing was dirty or lewd. In all honesty, I'm still angry it got removed/toned down for Western Releases. I mean, I imported the Japanese ones, I can just relax and play those, but I can remain salty about it on the inside for a bit. :/

Googling "define skinship" gives me this:

There never should have been anything weird or awkward or sexual about Fire Emblem Amie in the first place. Even if a significant number of lines were suggestive in nature, that doesn't mean the whole thing was dirty or lewd. In all honesty, I'm still angry it got removed/toned down for Western Releases. I mean, I imported the Japanese ones, I can just relax and play those, but I can remain salty about it on the inside for a bit. :/

You don't think it's odd that you can invite stoic loners and assassins to your treehouse and start rubbing their cheeks? Again, everyone's free to enjoy whatever they want, but let's not pretend that this is something that's particularly common, especially among strangers.

You don't think it's odd that you can invite stoic loners and assassins to your treehouse and start rubbing their cheeks? Again, everyone's free to enjoy whatever they want, but let's not pretend that this is something that's particularly common, especially among strangers.

In a fantasy world it's probably not a majorly weird thing. :v But I am half-alseep, so maybe what I wrote only made sense to me. I can apologize for my hasty tone, I do see how it can seem weird to others. My own sisters thought it was weird, too.

Don't the characters react weirdly to it at first than become more used to it over time? If so, than it seems more realistic than expected.

Don't the characters react weirdly to it at first than become more used to it over time? If so, than it seems more realistic than expected.

Yes, and the siblings (other then Takumi and Ryoma), Jakob/Felicia/Flora, Izana, and both Kanas are the only characters who don't react weirdly to it at first. There maybe more that I'm missing/forgetting but those are the ones I remember off hand.

[Here's a link to the characters' skinship lines : http://aphonicdreams.tumblr.com/tagged/FE%20amie. If anyone wants to read them.]

Edited by December Knight

True.

Take what's happening to the AVGN now. It's a good example of that.

Whats happening to AVGN? If it derails the thread, feel free to PM me.

Im not at all surprised about this? It was expected? Apparently the delay in release had to do with the multiple languages needed for the Euro version, and everything else is identical (aside from occasional British English...?) so having the skinship would have been hella weird. I wouldnt be surprised if Nintendo sacked the team responsible for it.

There is a difference between experimenting with the formula, and making dumb gimmicky gameplay that is a waste of time and has no purpose. I'm glad it's gone because it was a dumb idea to begin with. Perhaps next time IS will actually experiment instead of feeding this Weeaboo waifu nonsense.

Whats happening to AVGN? If it derails the thread, feel free to PM me.

Short version: He saw the trailer for the new Ghostbusters movie, thought it was dumb, chose that he won't watch the film. People are now accusing him of being a sexist pig and even sending harassing messages to him and his wife.

This is the video where he explains why he won't see it. I thought he did a very good job at voicing his thoughts and providing good arguments, but that didn't stop people for jumping all over him.

This post has been approved and reviewed by eclipse to make sure it didn't sound too flame baity.

Guys take it somewhere else. Nobody wants your drama to be cluttering up a thread, it's annoying.

First off, I apologize.

I apologize to everyone whose time I have wasted "cluttering" it with drama.

However, regarding the nature of this topic, it was going to have drama.

I apologize for the way I came off with my posts.

I will clarify why I responded that way.

fear not, NoE was smart like NoA. :P

And here's hoping that this means the feature won't be returning in future games, including Japanese versions.

I really don't give a crap whether or not people dislike/hate the feature.

They are free to do so. They are free to talk about how bad they think it is.

Also, Ana, I may dislike the feature as much as you do, but some people DO like it so please try to respect that.

Yeah, but I haven't seen anyone on SF say they like it.

However, I do not appreciate talking bad of the minority who happen to like it, such as myself.

In all honesty, it's the kind of crap you'd see in fanfiction anyway. The kind of lewd lines for spouses would say to only their beloved.

Talking crap about Japan being weird is like stating that Serenes Forest Forums is primarily a Fire Emblem fan site.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Actually you can still rub the face of your spouse if you catch them sleeping which can happen at random times after the event is unlocked. It doesn't seem to have a time limit while they are asleep so if you want to view the 2D model for more than a few seconds this is your chance. The steam blowing thing after their bath is also still in the game. I'm not sure if the time limit for that event is indefinite after the instruction text box is closed but it is probably treated the same way until you start.