Your favorite and least favorite puzzles in video games.

IT'S FINALLY MY TIME AND IT ISN'T FORCED

OH MY GOD I'M NOT JUST SHOEHORNING IT IN FOR ONCE

PUZZLE QUEST: CHALLENGE OF THE WARLORDS

You know which one I don't like? The Balacruf Mausoleum in Tales of Symphonia. Every single time I play the game I just say "lol" and look up the color order online. It's so annoying to have to go around, read the riddles, and figure them out when the game only needs to register the correct order.

You know which one I don't like? The Balacruf Mausoleum in Tales of Symphonia. Every single time I play the game I just say "lol" and look up the color order online. It's so annoying to have to go around, read the riddles, and figure them out when the game only needs to register the correct order.

same here

tho the second time i did it i got it by luck and that felt niceee

not too much of a puzzle, but i found the part in yu-no really fascinating where one of the things you had to do later in the game was shown RIGHT IN THE OPENING

the picross puzzle was annoying tho

ZOMG someone else in this forum who played YU-NO. I remember watching the intro the first time I played the game so I sort of made a mental note subconsciously, but I never thought it would be actually used in-game (and there aren't any hints outside of the intro AFAIK).

ZOMG someone else in this forum who played YU-NO. I remember watching the intro the first time I played the game so I sort of made a mental note subconsciously, but I never thought it would be actually used in-game (and there aren't any hints outside of the intro AFAIK).

YU-NO is a god tier game that more people need to play, i'm shocked that nobody discusses it

there's a load of other references in the game that are really clever and the story really does wrap around itself well, and that intro thing was incredibly cool (but hard to find)

I like the statue puzzle in Twilight Princess, because it frustrates dumb people. Zelda needs more challenging puzzles.

You mean the one in the Sacred Grove? It's extremely easy...

-

I do like sliding puzzles.

(For example the one found in Wind Waker, but the 4x4 makes it somewhat quite easy)

SlidingPuzzleMain.png

Edited by Naughx

Mm I love Ace Attorney, but in terms of sheer replayability I'd go for Picross 3D. Or maybe any of the Layton games.

My least favourite puzzle is the goat in Broken Sword 1.

Fuck

Almost any puzzle in tales of symphonia sucks
Half of them are block puzzles and the other half is stupid

My favorite puzzle is in the Absorption Gate in Tales of the Abyss. You're separated in three groups and each group has to open a path for the other two.

I don't remember many puzzles but I enjoyed this area enough, so.

I find pretty much all puzzle levels in Super Mario Maker to be too frustrating, to the point where I now instantly skip them.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

I like the statue puzzle in Twilight Princess, because it frustrates dumb people. Zelda needs more challenging puzzles.

I always look up the solution because I never bother to remember the order. :smug:

My favorite puzzles are the entierty of Puzzles and Dragons and the puzzle mode in the Puzzle League games.

My least favorite is the Great Bay Temple.

i totally misinterpreted one of the portal 2 goo puzzles and ended up wasting like 40 minutes trying to make a really long jump that kept landing in the void when the solution was literally just inside.