Dragon Quest Builders Announced for NA and Europe

Magical Glace

Dunno if anyone really cares but

Yeah, the west is getting the weird Minecraft-ish DQ spinoff this October.

The trailer's more or less the same for EU people, but it has the PEGI rating instead (It's 7+).

Game's set after an alternate ending of DQI where the protagonist says "yes" to the Dragonlord and dooms the world.

...I need a PS4 sometime.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

So they finally expanded on that game crash, huh? Cool!

Looks like the hero of this game is setting out to fix the world the original "hero" was supposed to save in DQI. Game looks fun! With this and the Mario Minecraft pack, I think I'll actually step into the user-created worlds thing going on.

...Did he just eat that apple whole?

So they finally expanded on that game crash, huh? Cool!

Looks like the hero of this game is setting out to fix the world the original "hero" was supposed to save in DQI. Game looks fun! With this and the Mario Minecraft pack, I think I'll actually step into the user-created worlds thing going on.

...Did he just eat that apple whole?

Yup, basically. They're apparently the only one creative enough to save everyone.

...I thought that was a tomato!

And one another reason to have a PS4 ! One !

Well, I think, we still don't know much about the game, but da hype.

It's actually already out in Japan, if it's info you want you can scour the internet for it.

Enix must have full confidence in the DQ franchise/release of 7/8 if they're bringing this game over.

I remember some mutterings on the Den that the release of this might have something to do with Minecraft's popularity, since this game is basically a sort of DQ-ized Minecraft.

For 7/8, they're doing pretty good about the main series, DQ10 does have the excuse of being an MMO and requiring server upkeep. DQ8 was mostly translated anyway (what wasn't is unique to the 3DS version, such as the new post game quests, some cutscenes, and the Jessica endings), and for 7 3 years is... actually a reasonable timeframe since it's DQ7.

What we're not getting (at least to our knowledge) is a bunch of Monsters games, sadly.

I think this makes sense from an executive viewpoint. Minecraft is profitable so it's a viable thing to make a spin-off for. I imagine that it'll have a half and half combat focus like terraria though.