Invent Classes!

Liz

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mage General -

They have a high Str and Res cap, a relatively good Mag and Def cap and a normal cap for Skl and Lck. Their Spd cap is low, however. They can use a melee weapon and a tome of choice (like light tomes and swords, for example). They promote to Sage General.

Sucks, I know.

Lich: A powerful sorcerer who concentrates on dark magic, but can use other types as well. They have the ability to return to life a certain amount of turns after being killed. (This is intended to be an enemy-only class.)

Huntsman/Huntress: Warriors with a powerful bond to others of their kind. They are weak on their own, but they increase in strength whenever another Huntsman/Huntress is killed. (Also enemy only.)

Drifter: A magician who uses both dark and light magic. They are weak compared to other magic-users, but their ability to "drift" through time and space lets them move to and from any terrain within their range without impediment.

Vagabond: Fiercely independent fighters who wield bows and swords. They have the ability to switch between bows and swords as the situation dictates, but they can never master either.

Wargod: Experienced mercenaries who's skill and strength surpasses those of the Hero and have increased defense with terrain.

Weapons: Axes, Swords, Lances.

Skill: +20% Critical, 2x terrain bonus.

Promotion of Hero.

Magic Sniper: Experienced archers who sacrifice potential (as in, their caps are low, 20 and only a few are slightly above it. Skill cap is 25) for versatility. Promoted archers who chose not to be a regular sniper.

Weapon: Bows

Skill: +30% Critical, Counter, Crusher.

Counter: Enables Magic Sniper to counter attack against direct-attacks. Always active

Crusher: Enables Magic Sniper to enhance arrows with magic, allowing him/her to attack the lower defensive stat of the enemy. Activation rate = Skillx2 + 5 with each support level. Works on Bosses with except those on thrones.

Weapon-Newbie: Inexperienced fighters capable of using 2 weapons of their choice. Weapon cap however is C.

Weapons: Axe, Bow, Sword, Lance. Limited to 2 choices.

Weapons-Master: Fighters skilled in all forms of physical combat who control the weapon triangle. Promoted weapon-newbie.

Weapons: Axe, Bow, Sword, Lance. Can use all 4. Caps are A for the weapons used in the previous class and B for the new ones.

Skill: +25% critical with the weapons he/she can A-rank. +15% critical with the others. Weapon expertise.

Weapon expertise: Can change weapons 2 times during the enemy phase when attacked.

Destroyer: Promoted Weapons-Master whose skill with weapons is unmatched.

Weapons: Axe, Bow, Sword, Lance. All weapons can each S-ranks.

Skill: +30% critical. Triangle Control. Advanced Weapon Expertise.

Triangle Control: Doubles advantageous weapon triangle bonuses and halves disadvantageous bonuses.

Advanced Weapon Expertise: Can change weapons 4 times during the enemy phase when attacked.

Yeah I realize they're broken.

Edited by ThunderMan

Uh, some of you should stop putting Magic and Melee together. It's not going to happen. They've ALWAYS been seperate. Regardless...

Psycho

Just like regular Berserkers, these Mages give up Res for Str. So basically, Lilina but with Dark Magic.

Weapons: Dark, Staves upon promotion

+15% Critical

Edited by ChaosNinji

i was thinking something like this:

something kinda like the trainee class, only the promotion you get depends on your stats!

strength is higher: Mercenary

speed is higher: Myrmidon

defense is higher: Knight

skill is higher: Cavalier

luck is higher: Priest

resistance is higher: Mage

or something like that

Edited by Chiki

something kinda like the trainee class, only the promotion you get depends on your stats!

or something like that

There's a pokemon that works that way, look up Tyrogue.

or something like that

interesting and the promotion would also affect his growths.

Also, kinda reminds me of Tyrogue

Edit: To include more classes, have a combination of two skills be higher. Like higher HP and strength = Fighter

Edit2: Beaten to Tyrogue

Edited by smashbro

Weren't their promotions completely random though and not stats based? I don't like that kind of promotion >_>

yeah, they were random.

but i said "hey, wouldn't it be nice if you could have some control over it by having promotion based on stats rather than having the promotion random?"

and that's how i came up with my idea

There's not much control there either if the growths are balanced... except for stat booster usage.

there's not much control either if the growths are unbalanced

i added later that growths would be 50% while in this class

Edited by Chiki

i added later that growths would be 50% while in this class

I know, that's why I said "If they are balanced". Basing the promotion on the stats just lets you see what's coming not really control it (unless you use stat boosters). Interesting idea though

Edited by ThunderMan