Overrated Ships

CureRainbow

I was trying to defend and come up with a possible reason why people would marry the siblings, since this is attacked a lot. I see a lot of people saying "marrying your siblings is gross!" but the player probably doesn't even care about that.I mean, it's not like the player is actually Corrin. Lol. They might just like Leo and Xander and think they're cute or whatever. Of course this isn't the only reason, but let's be honest, this is a common reason and I don't think anyone needs to feel ashamed of it or needs to be ridiculed because of it.

Also I personally think Leo and Xander's S supports are okay and nothing amazing. They actually feel kind of awkward to me. This is just personal preference.

I understand what you're saying and I apologise for reacting so harshly. I can agree with this post (minus the last paragraph, but as you say - that's just personal preference and that's fine, I fully understand why someone would find them awkward!

I've been working on unlocking all the S-supports I possibly can and it's definitely changed my opinion on a few. For example, I was one of the Takumi/Oboro = OTP people, but Oboro really does have some great supports with other characters.

I still think Laslow/Peri is hideously overrated, though. Odin/Peri is actually my favourite for Peri (though not for Odin), and Laslow I prefer with Orochi or Azura.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think Laslow/Peri is hideously overrated, though. Odin/Peri is actually my favourite for Peri (though not for Odin), and Laslow I prefer with Orochi or Azura.

Agreed here.

Anyway I took a break on marrying Charlotte to Xander to see what it'd be like and did Selena x Xander. I think it's now my second favorite pairing for him. It's actually pretty funny. Even though Xander literally drops everything about being a king to go with his wife at the end? Huh...

So I guess I can see why people say Charlotte x Xander is overrated. Still adore that pairing though.

I have yet to find a Selena support I like (and yes, I made her Siegbert's mother). Then again, I'm somewhat picky about what I like in a couple.

Selena/Arthur is probably my favorite of Selena's pairings, I think. I like that she proposes to him. But I'm very much not picky; I've done different pairings in every game and I've only truly disliked a handful.

Takumi/Oboro seems overrated to me. It's a cute pairing and I see why it's popular, but it's not "BEST PAIRING EVER" cute (at least not to me, though I'm less alone than I thought.) I don't hate the pairing, but I'm just not crazy about it.

I've already said this in the thread before, but I feel like I need to say it again. There are several other pairings I'd consider to be "overrated" over Takumi/Oboro. If you don't like the pairing or don't think it's that great, I have no problem with that. But the word you are looking for isn't "overrated".

I feel like Takuobo is a pair that a lot of people do like, but not enough people actually make content for. Hardly any on tumblr, slightly more on pixiv but literally every major corn ship has at least double if not triple. It's been quite a long time since I've seen any new pixiv entries for it and I check several of the fire emblem tags every day.

It'd be nice if more people with more free time than me actually started drawing shit. It's hard for me to call something overrated when there's hardly any content for it.

Edited by Thor Odinson

It'd be nice if more people with more free time than me actually started drawing shit. It's hard for me to call something overrated when there's hardly any content for it.

^This. I could draw some ship art if my art didn't suck/take ages to finish but I barely have enough time to, which sucks even more for the underrated ones I ship. I'm so sorry Subaki/Sakura, you'll have to remain artless :<

Come to think of it, I don't see as much art for, say, Corrin/Azura or Saizo/Kagero compared to a lot of F!Corrin or yaoi ships in Fates. You'd think the pairings that so many people do in their playthroughs would get some art on tumblr or pixiv, but nope. Just shows how passionate those shippers are, I suppose.

I'm pretty sure I'm like, one of two people who has actually drawn anything related to Ryoma/Rinkah too.

and for how much so many of us want RyouScar there's hardly content either.

...to be fair i was drawing something last summer and then school started, whoops

Oh my god, I have never seen anything for Ryoma/Rinkah, come to think of it. It sucks too, I love that ship ;_; I'd definitely love to see your art for it~

At least I've seen a few fanarts of Ryoma/Scarlet, but I guess the fact that they lack supports might play a factor. Then again, the only ship art I usually see of Ryoma involves Corrin. Go figure.

Hey, I don't blame you, school is brutal regarding free time lmao

http://cuniculosus.tumblr.com/tagged/ryourinka here's whatever I have for it. Some of it's kid designs because I'm character design trash hahaha

Yeah, RyouCorn may be the least popular of the royal bro Corn ships, but it's definitely still his most dominant artbase, on both pixiv and tumblr. Ryoumarx is basically my baby. I drew a comic in the earlier days of Fates trailers that may or may not have jumpstarted it a bit and I'm a fairly frequent contributor (of whatever school will allow me) for ryomarx and even though i basically follow the entire ryoumarx content creators community I still end up seeing more RyouCorn. Or MarxCorn--actually, I have to go and specifically find Ryomarx artists to follow and I get like 5 Kamarx per 1 Ryoumarx on my dash and I don't even like Kamarx and wouldn't go follow people specifically for it? Corrin really dominates the art scene

I will come out and say we do get more content than a lot of het pairs I think should be getting more content (fandom tend to prioritize avatar and m/m most, I guess) but on the other hand there's been periods of time where the tag is basically dead and i took 30 minutes out of my very busy grad school work to make a quick doodle so we're not starved of content so it's more like we're just really passionate and vocal than anything and make a lot of content per content creator

And I'm thankful that with Ryoumarx we at least have enough people to have kind of a community going vs Ryourinkah I basically sail this one alone

but I mean I've seen more Kagerochi than Takuobo at this point and I love Kagerochi but f/f pairs aren't nearly as dominating in content as m/m and still have more stuff to its name

Edited by Thor Odinson

^This. I could draw some ship art if my art didn't suck/take ages to finish but I barely have enough time to, which sucks even more for the underrated ones I ship. I'm so sorry Subaki/Sakura, you'll have to remain artless :<

Come to think of it, I don't see as much art for, say, Corrin/Azura or Saizo/Kagero compared to a lot of F!Corrin or yaoi ships in Fates. You'd think the pairings that so many people do in their playthroughs would get some art on tumblr or pixiv, but nope. Just shows how passionate those shippers are, I suppose.

Corrin/Azura actually gets a lot compared to the rest of the Fem!Corrin or yaoi ships. Not as much as them, but more than Takumi/Oboro. Take it from someone who digs through that tag all the time

I chalk this up to fanart being dominated by female artists, who are going to be inclined to draw fanart for "their" character and male/male because Yaoi Fangirls.

After thinking about it, all the pairups that I've seen are more on the lines as the most common. Not really overrated.

Then again I don't dwindle around looking for fanart of said pairings, which is kinda weird.

After thinking about it, all the pairups that I've seen are more on the lines as the most common. Not really overrated.

Then again I don't dwindle around looking for fanart of said pairings, which is kinda weird.

Shots fired

http://cuniculosus.tumblr.com/tagged/ryourinka here's whatever I have for it. Some of it's kid designs because I'm character design trash hahaha

Yeah, RyouCorn may be the least popular of the royal bro Corn ships, but it's definitely still his most dominant artbase, on both pixiv and tumblr. Ryoumarx is basically my baby. I drew a comic in the earlier days of Fates trailers that may or may not have jumpstarted it a bit and I'm a fairly frequent contributor (of whatever school will allow me) for ryomarx and even though i basically follow the entire ryoumarx content creators community I still end up seeing more RyouCorn. Or MarxCorn--actually, I have to go and specifically find Ryomarx artists to follow and I get like 5 Kamarx per 1 Ryoumarx on my dash and I don't even like Kamarx and wouldn't go follow people specifically for it? Corrin really dominates the art scene

I will come out and say we do get more content than a lot of het pairs I think should be getting more content (fandom tend to prioritize avatar and m/m most, I guess) but on the other hand there's been periods of time where the tag is basically dead and i took 30 minutes out of my very busy grad school work to make a quick doodle so we're not starved of content so it's more like we're just really passionate and vocal than anything and make a lot of content per content creator

And I'm thankful that with Ryoumarx we at least have enough people to have kind of a community going vs Ryourinkah I basically sail this one alone

but I mean I've seen more Kagerochi than Takuobo at this point and I love Kagerochi but f/f pairs aren't nearly as dominating in content as m/m and still have more stuff to its name

I noticed the only nonroyals that get a decent amount of content are Odin and Niles, and the latter is mainly because of yaoi.

But yeah, if you're not interested in the royals or Corrin or if your favorite characters are non-royals like Saizo or Shura, you're pretty much shit out of luck when it comes to art or any kind of fan content. Which is annoying because the nonroyals already get the short end of the stick ingame.

Does Corrin x Camilla count? Because I remember seeing a lot of guys going straight for Camilla.

Nahh, Camilla is popular yes for obvious reason(fanservice), but most of the male ppl choose female avatar to get all the childs and some of the male avatar users pick Azura, Flora and one the second generations Females( looking at you Ophelia) and a minority pick as wife a first generation female knowing that will lose a child.

Corrin x Azura is overrated. Why exactly? Just look up "Church of Azura."

You dislike that she has a fanclub, so her ship with Corrin is overrated? Doesn't make sense but okay

Does Corrin x Camilla count? Because I remember seeing a lot of guys going straight for Camilla.

I don't see that much Corrin/Camilla art on Pixiv or DeviantART. There's plenty of cheesecake-y art of Camilla, but not a whole lot of paired art for her. The only character I really see any paired art of Camilla for is Hinoka, and even that is rare.

None of the sisters really get a whole lot of paired art (I think Sakura gets the most, being paired mostly with Kaden or Saizo).

I don't see that much Corrin/Camilla art on Pixiv or DeviantART. There's plenty of cheesecake-y art of Camilla, but not a whole lot of paired art for her. The only character I really see any paired art of Camilla for is Hinoka, and even that is rare.

None of the sisters really get a whole lot of paired art (I think Sakura gets the most, being paired mostly with Kaden or Saizo).

In this case I'm disregarding art. I remember Miiverse being flooded with people waifuing Camilla. In all honesty I haven't done back sense.