Contribute to "The Grand Archipelago" (Need something other than mugs...)

Avril Lavigne

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice stealing, starts at http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=64203&p=4438194

Took our character's body, chase, and the hair is stolen from our male bard.

Neimi replacement has fueilly's hair and lyn replacement has inari's body and the hair seems suspect, but im not sure.

Please remove them, and keep in mind to not use custom/others sprites without their permission.

I messaged you....?

I remember messaging you last night before I went to bed about using the portraits.

EDIT: Well this certainly puts a shit stain on me right here, but I do remember messaging you last night to make sure it's okay. I found all of the portraits from this project shared somewhere and I will show you the photo. I will message you.

I apologize and they are now removed.

Edited by Avril Lavigne

Hello there the entirety of Inari's body recolored.

I'd appreciate if you don't steal sprites from our team. Or anyone for that matters. We custom-made these sprites to tailor to our characters and do not give permission for others to use them.

Hello, sorry I messaged AstraLuna about it last night and I did not realize. I thought that I was able to reuse them as they had bodies that were suited for my faces. I apologize for this. They are removed.

Still need permission first. Whether you messaged someone or not about using their work.

Astra and Lumi have indicated they do not want you using their stuff. So I would suggest, taking these particular portraits down and trying again.

Looks like you dealt with it.

Edited by ErrantShepherd

Still need permission first. Whether you messaged someone or not about using their work.

Astra and Lumi have indicated they do not want you using their stuff. So I would suggest, taking these particular portraits down and trying again.

Looks like you dealt with it.

Yeah. I guess one could I did steal it for the lack of credit. I'll take the ones from the original GBA for future.

I feel stupid and horrible.

Wait a minute...these were stolen!?

You could say that the elements of them were stolen. I spliced parts from the DoF characters, completely uncredited. I realized last night that maybe this should be discussed with the project manager of DoF and I swear to God I messaged Astra.

I opened my laptop and saw this, realized the message had actually not been sent, and boom.

Lesson here is ALWAYS DISCUSS YOUR BOUNDARIES. This is totally the worst thing I've ever done and I feel horrible.

Edited by Avril Lavigne

Either way, even if you had gotten that message to Astra, it isn't cool to use them anyways. And unless otherwise stated, most portraits in hacks (especially for projects like DoF) are exclusively for those hacks only

Edited by Kon

So uh, what fangame are these sprites from then?

Dream of Five

Either way, even if you had gotten that message to Astra, it isn't cool to use them anyways. And unless otherwise stated, most portraits in hacks (especially for projects like DoF) are exclusively for those hacks only

Gotcha. I had a hunch maybe I was doing something wrong of course too little too late. A serious lack on common sense here on my part. Edited by Avril Lavigne

Um, if you don't mind me asking, how did you get started making mugs? I'm thinking of maybe giving it a go someday...

Well, I started with paint... then headed over to usenti, then realized that they are not really that great. It all depends on your taste. I ended up turning to photoshop. I find it the easiest, because you can take pieces and elements and organize them way easier. You can also recolor portraits EXTREMELY easy on it. Furthermore, you can merge those pieces/elements you've spliced whenever you want.

I mean, this might all sound like gibberish to you right now (it might not). But I would say that it takes a lot of practice...for me at least. I've made far more than what I've posted and that's because I've made a lot of bad ones before making good/decent. I mean, even still my portraits aren't top of the line. I don't go full-out with every portrait though either. I'm sure they would look better if I did. But making one is time consuming, and finding fitting elements and pieces are another hurdle for me--so I don't really have patience to go completely crazy with one portrait at a time. I'm the type to tweak later. I'm lazy-ish.

I'd say practice, get some feedback, and you'll get the hang of it! It's not hard after that. You always gotta remember to have the portrait be 15 colours (because background counts as the 16th colour).

So there's my reply to that :P

Well, I started with paint... then headed over to usenti, then realized that they are not really that great. It all depends on your taste. I ended up turning to photoshop. I find it the easiest, because you can take pieces and elements and organize them way easier. You can also recolor portraits EXTREMELY easy on it. Furthermore, you can merge those pieces/elements you've spliced whenever you want.

I mean, this might all sound like gibberish to you right now (it might not). But I would say that it takes a lot of practice...for me at least. I've made far more than what I've posted and that's because I've made a lot of bad ones before making good/decent. I mean, even still my portraits aren't top of the line. I don't go full-out with every portrait though either. I'm sure they would look better if I did. But making one is time consuming, and finding fitting elements and pieces are another hurdle for me--so I don't really have patience to go completely crazy with one portrait at a time. I'm the type to tweak later. I'm lazy-ish.

I'd say practice, get some feedback, and you'll get the hang of it! It's not hard after that. You always gotta remember to have the portrait be 15 colours (because background counts as the 16th colour).

So there's my reply to that :P

Thanks for the info!